Quitting

Edit:
Another topic I would like to bring up is why not add a join back? I know other games such as rainbow or pubg if I were to lag out or the game crashes I can load the game back up and it’ll give me an option to rejoin.
So why not add something like that? In addition to removing quitting or keep quit in option? What do you guys think?
Orginal:
So as everyone knows quitting is a big problem in any game including halo5. It’d extremely annoying when your teammates leaves but for me it’s when the enemy leaves there’s no fun in fighting a 4v1. So an idea to battle it is why not make it so you cant leave a match? Of course if you quit the game entirely or turn off your xbox lag out and etc would continue but I feel as if less people would be inclined to leave a match if they have to quit out of the entire game.
What do you guys think?

Maybe a small deduction of Req points? I’m not sure how well that would go.

There is no realistic solution to deal with people quitting.

> 2586218893181855;3:
> There is no realistic solution to deal with people quitting.

Of course but every little bit helps

> 2535412357303746;2:
> Maybe a small deduction of Req points? I’m not sure how well that would go.

I mean maybe but late game no one would care. Like I have everything.
Take my points

Place quitters with quitters

> 2533274814945686;6:
> Place quitters with quitters

But the whole team would quit :stuck_out_tongue:

If I continue a 1v4 I want the req and xp of what the quitters would’ve earned!

You have to keep in mind, that there are occasions where emergencies happen, lagging and getting booted are not in our control. So being penalized is not the way to go. When people in my matches quit out, I check to see if they are still online, if they are, I report them for quitting, then move on. This is the only recourse we, as players have. It is frustrating yes, but it’s not worth the stress.

> 2535433238497925;9:
> You have to keep in mind, that there are occasions where emergencies happen, lagging and getting booted are not in our control. So being penalized is not the way to go. When people in my matches quit out, I check to see if they are still online, if they are, I report them for quitting, then move on. This is the only recourse we, as players have. It is frustrating yes, but it’s not worth the stress.

Bugger, then my ideas of a shame file, getting tazered by your controller, having your xbox explode or being forced to wear a pink frilly flower armor set for a month with half your abilities isn’t going to work is it… well that’s no fun :thinking:

> 2535433238497925;9:
> You have to keep in mind, that there are occasions where emergencies happen, lagging and getting booted are not in our control. So being penalized is not the way to go. When people in my matches quit out, I check to see if they are still online, if they are, I report them for quitting, then move on. This is the only recourse we, as players have. It is frustrating yes, but it’s not worth the stress.

if only everyone thought like you

> 2535433238497925;9:

Regardless this wouldn’t affect those players anymore Than it already does because this just takes the quitting out of a game out so people would lag out just the same and etc. Really no difference to them

Maybe if you quit a certain amount of matches per season / week /month etc you would flag up for quitting too many matches and then be warned with a message if persistent quitting continues then you will be banned or deranked / level go down so if your at level 150 you go down to 149 and banned for three days . Also if a system like this was in place you could appeal if it’s the game / servers / isp etc so 343 could look at those cases in particular and use the data to work on making fixes for players that’s having genuine problems. Just an idea don’t know if this would work practically but an idea .

I quit the other day, because I was in a party and fire team of 3 and as the game was finding player’s, it dropped my mate out and replaced him with a random. So me and our other fireteam guy quit, so we could play a game with all 3 of us. It’s not our fault H5 dropped him from the search.

> 2535461339840779;10:
> > 2535433238497925;9:
> >
>
> Bugger, then my ideas of a shame file, getting tazered by your controller, having your xbox explode or being forced to wear a pink frilly flower armor set for a month with half your abilities isn’t going to work is it… well that’s no fun :thinking:

Pink frilly flower armor set? That’s a punishment???

> 2533274873843883;15:
> > 2535461339840779;10:
> > > 2535433238497925;9:
> > >
> >
> > Bugger, then my ideas of a shame file, getting tazered by your controller, having your xbox explode or being forced to wear a pink frilly flower armor set for a month with half your abilities isn’t going to work is it… well that’s no fun :thinking:
>
> Pink frilly flower armor set? That’s a punishment???

Mmm good point, suggestions?

> 2535461339840779;16:
> > 2533274873843883;15:
> > > 2535461339840779;10:
> > > > 2535433238497925;9:
> > > >
> > >
> > > Bugger, then my ideas of a shame file, getting tazered by your controller, having your xbox explode or being forced to wear a pink frilly flower armor set for a month with half your abilities isn’t going to work is it… well that’s no fun :thinking:
> >
> > Pink frilly flower armor set? That’s a punishment???
>
> Mmm good point, suggestions?

Not really. The problem with punishments is two-fold. First, a punishment only works if the thing you threaten to take away has any value. This is why exp penalties, or now I guess we would call them sr or rank or req penalties, never really seem to work. A lot of people, myself included, put no value in any of them and so threatening to take them away is no deterrent. Second, there comes a point where a penalty (and I’m thinking here of bans) only really works if the player believes they’re doing something wrong to begin with. If the quitting is the result of indignation then “punishing” the quitter makes them a martyr and not a transgressor. That’s how it looks to me.

Anyway now I just want the flowery armor…

Maybe, if JIP & matchmaking were actually FIXED there’d be less quitters.

> 2535405486667568;18:
> Maybe, if JIP & matchmaking were actually FIXED there’d be less quitters.

Doubt that, even with all the fixes in the world, you’re still going to have quitters… its the way of life

> 2535462450434439;1:
> So an idea to battle it is why not make it so you cant leave a match?

Absolutely not. Then people would just stand still all the time and be sitting ducks for the enemy. I like the way how it is now: AFK people will get kicked.