Quitting penalty's

So even though there is join in session in Halo 4 do you thing that there should be a quitting penalty?

If so do you thing that if lets say someone is playing split screen with 3 other friends (guest’s) and they quit should the penalty of 3 people be put on the profile?

No. I don’t think there should be any more penalties for quitting.

I’ve always thought that you should have 2 or 1 quits a day and then after that it starts to add on to your profile. That way if you have do go do something that can’t wait you have leeway.

Maybe like it is in Halo Reach when you quit 3 or 4 times you get banned for 10 minutes.

btw, is there going to be join in session in all game types? like slyer, invasion, ect…

I think they should reward you for staying against unfair odds.

There should still be penalties! You are still quitting! If people didn’t quit, then there would be no need for this. The people who quit on a regular basis deserve to be banned. It doesn’t matter if someone else comes along, YOU ARE STILL QUITTING!

> There should still be penalties! You are still quitting! If people didn’t quit, then there would be no need for this. The people who quit on a regular basis deserve to be banned. It doesn’t matter if someone else comes along, YOU ARE STILL QUITTING!

Why? It doesn’t make much sense at all. Why have a JiP feature and still penalize for qutting? There’s no reason to penalize someone if it’s no longer screwing your team over.

> > There should still be penalties! You are still quitting! If people didn’t quit, then there would be no need for this. The people who quit on a regular basis deserve to be banned. It doesn’t matter if someone else comes along, YOU ARE STILL QUITTING!
>
> Why? It doesn’t make much sense at all. Why have a JiP feature and still penalize for qutting? There’s no reason to penalize someone if it’s no longer screwing your team over.

Yea but the damage is already done…

and it scars

> > There should still be penalties! You are still quitting! If people didn’t quit, then there would be no need for this. The people who quit on a regular basis deserve to be banned. It doesn’t matter if someone else comes along, YOU ARE STILL QUITTING!
>
> Why? It doesn’t make much sense at all. Why have a JiP feature and still penalize for qutting? There’s no reason to penalize someone if it’s no longer screwing your team over.

If I’m not mistaken, the point of adding the JiP feature was to add players to play to keep full games…if there were no penalty for quitting added to that, it’d turn matchmaking games into a revolving door of people trying to preserve their K/D ratios.

The only kind of playlist that I think it would be a good idea to be able to quit from is if they make a custom games playlist.

If it is just kept in social, I don’t think a quit penalty similar to Reach is needed. However, I think something like this should happen:

K/D Ratio from the match applies to your career: You were in it, so it should stay.

No exp gained: You didn’t finish the match, so you shouldn’t get them.

Counts as a Loss: Keeps people from trying to inflate their W/L ratio

That’s all I can think of.

> If it is just kept in social, I don’t think a quit penalty similar to Reach is needed. However, I think something like this should happen:
>
> K/D Ratio from the match applies to your career: You were in it, so it should stay.
>
> No exp gained: You didn’t finish the match, so you shouldn’t get them.
>
> Counts as a Loss: Keeps people from trying to inflate their W/L ratio
>
>
> That’s all I can think of.

Exactly, those penalties should be the only ones.

> If it is just kept in social, I don’t think a quit penalty similar to Reach is needed. However, I think something like this should happen:
>
> <mark>K/D Ratio from the match applies to your career: You were in it, so it should stay.</mark>
>
> No exp gained: You didn’t finish the match, so you shouldn’t get them.
>
> Counts as a Loss: Keeps people from trying to inflate their W/L ratio
>
>
> That’s all I can think of.

True, but what I was saying is it could potentially be abused by allowing players to jump from game to game so that if they find one can’t dominate noobs in they keep skipping around until they find a game they can.
Adding a penalty would prevent them from hand-picking their opponents like that to boost their K/D.

i think they should not put the option to leave game on the pause menu. most of the quiting i know of is a rage quit and it would eliminate that. plus if you really ned to leave you can just shut off your xbox. now afk could become a problem with this as someone might stay in the game instead of quiting so they should give the team a vote to boot the afk person if they havent moved in a certain time period.

It does annoy me when teammates leave the game, but with the joining in session addition to Halo 4 I feel like quitting penalties shouldn’t be included as large as it has been in the past.