Quitting Penalties

What I do not like about Halo MCC, is the lack of a quitting penalty. I always have teammates or enemies that leave, it makes an unfair advantage to both teams. After you quit, I believe the only thing it affects is your Rep.
I hope in Halo 5 they add an actual penalty. After you quit 3-5 matches you would be temporarily suspended for 15-20 minutes from matchmaking sort of like how Reach was. The timer would reset after a couple days.
Leave your thoughts down below. Thanks :slight_smile:

I agree. It’s the worst on MCC…hate it.

Maybe after 5 times within 3 hours it’s like an 12 hour ban. And if you quit again within 12 hours after it goes to 2 day ban.

Quiting is is the biggest upset in games…nothing like a good ole 8v1 for team slayer in H3…rofl.

The problem with Rep on the One is that it’s very easy to get back up to green, and very hard to make it red. And even if it is red, what good does it do?

The problem with…Stopping people from playing your game…Is that you stop them from playing your game.

Games are meant to be played. And unfortunatly that means we live with the fact that people can quit. Quitting should not make it so you cannot play a game that you paid for. Not only is that a bad and stupid punishment…But its bad for business

Quitting ruined my experience in MCC .I remember once when I fought along with a random a team of 8, we lost by 14 kills somehow.

> 2576836393959214;4:
> The problem with…Stopping people from playing your game…Is that you stop them from playing your game.
>
> Games are meant to be played. And unfortunatly that means we live with the fact that people can quit. Quitting should not make it so you cannot play a game that you paid for. Not only is that a bad and stupid punishment…But its bad for business

So you would be cool with getting into a game on halo 5 Arena and it being 2v4? Just spawn killing the crap outta you and your buddy?

I can’t stand quitters. I do agree with what your saying though. I paid for the game so why can’t I enjoy it?

But what irks me is that once you start quitting you’re not only ruining the game for others but your also allowing another team to control the map…

> 2533274906643287;6:
> > 2576836393959214;4:
> > The problem with…Stopping people from playing your game…Is that you stop them from playing your game.
> >
> > Games are meant to be played. And unfortunatly that means we live with the fact that people can quit. Quitting should not make it so you cannot play a game that you paid for. Not only is that a bad and stupid punishment…But its bad for business
>
>
> So you would be cool with getting into a game on halo 5 Arena and it being 2v4? Just spawn killing the crap outta you and your buddy?
>
> I can’t stand quitters. I do agree with what your saying though. I paid for the game so why can’t I enjoy it?
>
> But what irks me is that once you start quitting you’re not only ruining the game for others but your also allowing another team to control the map…

They can de rank. Hell put in a quit % like Battlefield does. Maybe stop any xp gains. Cant get req packs if you cant level up. But you cant ban people from playing.

Serial quitters are a problem. People who have to quit because of real world issues aren’t the problem. Chances are they’ll quit once and won’t actually be playing the game, and so shorter period bans aren’t a problem. If someone was frequently quitting and given bans with a duration based on how often they are quitting, that may not be too bad.

> 2533274848539555;8:
> Serial quitters are a problem. People who have to quit because of real world issues aren’t the problem. Chances are they’ll quit once and won’t actually be playing the game, and so shorter period bans aren’t a problem. If someone was frequently quitting and given bans with a duration based on how often they are quitting, that may not be too bad.

Someone has a crazy day where their internet cuts in and out. Or someone just has internet that randomly drops. I live in a place where the power turns off randomly.

Banning people from playing a game that they bought because of quits is not the way to go.

> 2576836393959214;9:
> > 2533274848539555;8:
> > Serial quitters are a problem. People who have to quit because of real world issues aren’t the problem. Chances are they’ll quit once and won’t actually be playing the game, and so shorter period bans aren’t a problem. If someone was frequently quitting and given bans with a duration based on how often they are quitting, that may not be too bad.
>
>
> Someone has a crazy day where their internet cuts in and out. Or someone just has internet that randomly drops. I live in a place where the power turns off randomly.
>
> Banning people from playing a game that they bought because of quits is not the way to go.

I have pretty crappy internet too. In my mind, they should start very short. If someone was to quit say, three games in a row, lock them out for five or so minutes and incrementally increase it from there. There are players who quit every time they don’t get the map they want, sometimes doing so in parties. When they keep quitting you quickly get games that are completely unbalanced and just frustrating for everyone else.

I can fully agree that quitting has become way too common (vast, vast majority of my BTB matches end up with most of the team missing), but I don’t support all of these draconian quit penalties people come up with.

Quitting three to five matches shouldn’t brick your console for a few days. At the most it should keep you from playing for the rest of the day.

Instead of focusing on punishing quitters (and like it or not, I’m sure EVERYONE has quit for -Yoink- reasons at some point), they should focus on discovering why so many people are quitting in the first place. Couldn’t possibly be due to poor matchmaking, or not wanting to watch their least favorite gametypes constantly voted over their favorite ones, could it?

If quit bans become a thing…You should only be able to be banned from competitive matchmaking. And even then nothing should for more than an hour tops.

  1. remove join in progress
  2. remove the ability to quit from the game, lagging out or switching off console is the only way to leave
  3. add in a surrender vote, only available when the majority votes to end it. the game must be half way complete in both time and score OR half the team must have left the game.
  4. inactive players are kicked after 2 minutes
  5. if a person is absent from the game for more than 2 minutes a quit penalty is enacted on the quitter
  6. first 3 quits of the week are warnings
  7. this penalty will initially be 10 minutes, then 30, every quit accumulating an extra 30 minutes, this will be reset every week.

it stops leaving, and it also curbs people who try to bypass it by harsh bans, though it does leave leniency for lag outs. if you lag out for more than 3 times per week then others shouldn’t suffer. back when i was in high school i lived in a small town, i had a lot of free time, and i’m from new zealand a place notorious for poor internet. if i can play over 100 games a week and still find that system fair then i don’t know how others can’t.

> 2533274836395701;13:
> 1. remove join in progress
> 2. remove the ability to quit from the game, lagging out or switching off console is the only way to leave
> 3. add in a surrender vote, only available when the majority votes to end it. the game must be half way complete in both time and score OR half the team must have left the game.
> 4. if a person is absent from the game for more than 2 minutes a quit penalty is enacted on the quitter
> 5. first 3 quits of the week are warnings
> 6. this penalty will initially be 10 minutes, then 30, every quit accumulating an extra 30 minutes, this will be reset every week.
>
> it stops leaving, and it also curbs people who try to bypass it by harsh bans, though it does leave leniency for lag outs. if you lag out for more than 3 times per week then others shouldn’t suffer. back when i was in high school i lived in a small town, i had a lot of free time, and i’m from new zealand a place notorious for poor internet. if i can play over 100 games a week and still find that system fair then i don’t know how others can’t.

Then why get rid of JIP if you can still leave?
People should not be stopped from playing a game because they quit. Its why Join in Progress is a thing.

> 2576836393959214;12:
> If quit bans become a thing…You should only be able to be banned from competitive matchmaking. And even then nothing should for more than an hour tops.

I can agree with that.

> 2533274848539555;15:
> > 2576836393959214;12:
> > If quit bans become a thing…You should only be able to be banned from competitive matchmaking. And even then nothing should for more than an hour tops.
>
>
> I can agree with that.

I still don’t think its a good idea.

> 2576836393959214;14:
> > 2533274836395701;13:
> > 1. remove join in progress
> > 2. remove the ability to quit from the game, lagging out or switching off console is the only way to leave
> > 3. add in a surrender vote, only available when the majority votes to end it. the game must be half way complete in both time and score OR half the team must have left the game.
> > 4. if a person is absent from the game for more than 2 minutes a quit penalty is enacted on the quitter
> > 5. first 3 quits of the week are warnings
> > 6. this penalty will initially be 10 minutes, then 30, every quit accumulating an extra 30 minutes, this will be reset every week.
> >
> > it stops leaving, and it also curbs people who try to bypass it by harsh bans, though it does leave leniency for lag outs. if you lag out for more than 3 times per week then others shouldn’t suffer. back when i was in high school i lived in a small town, i had a lot of free time, and i’m from new zealand a place notorious for poor internet. if i can play over 100 games a week and still find that system fair then i don’t know how others can’t.
>
>
> Then why get rid of JIP if you can still leave?
> People should not be stopped from playing a game because they quit. Its why Join in Progress is a thing.

? did you read it. you can’t still leave, there is no option to. i said that there are obvious ways you could like turning off your xbox, though that is met with a quit ban. the system is very akin to league of legends, look at that system, no quitting and a surrender vote.

JiP breeds quitting

> 2533274836395701;17:
> > 2576836393959214;14:
> > > 2533274836395701;13:
> > > 1. remove join in progress
> > > 2. remove the ability to quit from the game, lagging out or switching off console is the only way to leave
> > > 3. add in a surrender vote, only available when the majority votes to end it. the game must be half way complete in both time and score OR half the team must have left the game.
> > > 4. if a person is absent from the game for more than 2 minutes a quit penalty is enacted on the quitter
> > > 5. first 3 quits of the week are warnings
> > > 6. this penalty will initially be 10 minutes, then 30, every quit accumulating an extra 30 minutes, this will be reset every week.
> > >
> > > it stops leaving, and it also curbs people who try to bypass it by harsh bans, though it does leave leniency for lag outs. if you lag out for more than 3 times per week then others shouldn’t suffer. back when i was in high school i lived in a small town, i had a lot of free time, and i’m from new zealand a place notorious for poor internet. if i can play over 100 games a week and still find that system fair then i don’t know how others can’t.
> >
> >
> > Then why get rid of JIP if you can still leave?
> > People should not be stopped from playing a game because they quit. Its why Join in Progress is a thing.
>
>
> ? did you read it. you can’t still leave, there is no option to. i said that there are obvious ways you could like turning off your xbox, though that is met with a quit ban. the system is very akin to league of legends, look at that system, no quitting and a surrender vote.
>
> JiP breeds quitting

LoL also does not have quit bans. That I am aware of. Banning people from your game because they quit is a huge mistake. Thats putting your game ahead of the gamer. Sorry. You may not like that. But bans for quits is one of the stupidest ideas around.

> 2576836393959214;18:
> > 2533274836395701;17:
> > > 2576836393959214;14:
> > > > 2533274836395701;13:
> > > > 1. remove join in progress
> > > > 2. remove the ability to quit from the game, lagging out or switching off console is the only way to leave
> > > > 3. add in a surrender vote, only available when the majority votes to end it. the game must be half way complete in both time and score OR half the team must have left the game.
> > > > 4. if a person is absent from the game for more than 2 minutes a quit penalty is enacted on the quitter
> > > > 5. first 3 quits of the week are warnings
> > > > 6. this penalty will initially be 10 minutes, then 30, every quit accumulating an extra 30 minutes, this will be reset every week.
> > > >
> > > > it stops leaving, and it also curbs people who try to bypass it by harsh bans, though it does leave leniency for lag outs. if you lag out for more than 3 times per week then others shouldn’t suffer. back when i was in high school i lived in a small town, i had a lot of free time, and i’m from new zealand a place notorious for poor internet. if i can play over 100 games a week and still find that system fair then i don’t know how others can’t.
> > >
> > >
> > > Then why get rid of JIP if you can still leave?
> > > People should not be stopped from playing a game because they quit. Its why Join in Progress is a thing.
> >
> >
> > ? did you read it. you can’t still leave, there is no option to. i said that there are obvious ways you could like turning off your xbox, though that is met with a quit ban. the system is very akin to league of legends, look at that system, no quitting and a surrender vote.
> >
> > JiP breeds quitting
>
>
> LoL also does not have quit bans. That I am aware of. Banning people from your game because they quit is a huge mistake. Thats putting your game ahead of the gamer. Sorry. You may not like that. But bans for quits is one of the stupidest ideas around.

…league of legends does have quit bans, they also have account suspensions, something i didn’t suggest. it isn’t a mistake, it is if quitting is easy to do, curbing the problem by making bans harsh is a problem…the system i suggested curbs it by not allowing quitting and putting in a surrender vote, quit bans are just in place as a back up for consistent quitting by ejecting the disc, turning off the console or lagging out. if you fully run through the implications that i mentioned the system allows 3 unpunished quits per week before a time ban is imposed. in a game that doesn’t have a proper form of quitting the game 3 per week is lenient. or it could be 5 per week. that part is adjustable to what people think is fair.

sounds like the stupidest thing around, but you don’t have to be sorry because the most popular online game in the world, one that roughly has a 30 minute average game length has very few quitting problems, especially in comparison to halo or call of duty where join in progress is used.

> 2533274836395701;19:
> > 2576836393959214;18:
> > > 2533274836395701;17:
> > > > 2576836393959214;14:
> > > > > 2533274836395701;13:
> > > > > 1. remove join in progress
> > > > > 2. remove the ability to quit from the game, lagging out or switching off console is the only way to leave
> > > > > 3. add in a surrender vote, only available when the majority votes to end it. the game must be half way complete in both time and score OR half the team must have left the game.
> > > > > 4. if a person is absent from the game for more than 2 minutes a quit penalty is enacted on the quitter
> > > > > 5. first 3 quits of the week are warnings
> > > > > 6. this penalty will initially be 10 minutes, then 30, every quit accumulating an extra 30 minutes, this will be reset every week.
> > > > >
> > > > > it stops leaving, and it also curbs people who try to bypass it by harsh bans, though it does leave leniency for lag outs. if you lag out for more than 3 times per week then others shouldn’t suffer. back when i was in high school i lived in a small town, i had a lot of free time, and i’m from new zealand a place notorious for poor internet. if i can play over 100 games a week and still find that system fair then i don’t know how others can’t.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Then why get rid of JIP if you can still leave?
> > > > People should not be stopped from playing a game because they quit. Its why Join in Progress is a thing.
> > >
> > >
> > > ? did you read it. you can’t still leave, there is no option to. i said that there are obvious ways you could like turning off your xbox, though that is met with a quit ban. the system is very akin to league of legends, look at that system, no quitting and a surrender vote.
> > >
> > > JiP breeds quitting
> >
> >
> > LoL also does not have quit bans. That I am aware of. Banning people from your game because they quit is a huge mistake. Thats putting your game ahead of the gamer. Sorry. You may not like that. But bans for quits is one of the stupidest ideas around.
>
>
> …league of legends does have quit bans, they also have account suspensions, something i didn’t suggest. it isn’t a mistake, it is if quitting is easy to do, curbing the problem by making bans harsh is a problem…the system i suggested curbs it by not allowing quitting and putting in a surrender vote, quit bans are just in place as a back up for consistent quitting.
>
> sounds like the stupidest thing around, but you don’t have to be sorry because the most popular online game in the world, one that roughly has a 30 minute average game length has very few quitting problems, especially in comparison to halo or call of duty where join in progress is used.

But there is also a difference between LoL and Halo. Stop people from getting xp if they quit. Derank them. But don’t ban them.