Quitting Halo

http://misriahsolutions.com/articles/quitting-halo/comment-page-1/#comment-1026
This is an interesting article written by ncusDuncan and i believe that 343 should check it out. It has some nice ideas that could be implemented in later games.

Also should 343 test this idea out on halo reach matchmaking by seeing how it works on a beta. You could have a secondary account on it and see how it works out over a six month period.

Huh, The guys that made this article surely makes some rather interesting idea’s though…

All of those ideas make the game more complicated then it’s worth and everyone that does not understand what is going on will complain about it in the forums.

However I will add this: instead of ranking the maps for voting, why not make the one vote permanent like in arena? Once you vote you are done, none of this switching and picking all of the options to see what gets picked.

i liked a lot of the stuff in this article, good read

Pretty good stuff, worth considering for Halo 4.

These are some good thoughts, but recently, doesn’t it seem like a bad teammate gets the first betrayal free, gaining that sniper rifle that he usually cant use well? Then, you go back, maybe get your revenge possibly and eventually maybe you get the boot? Also, sometimes annoying players just like to take pop shots at you or wait for an opponent to start shooting you and simply finish you off with a ‘nade”. The other team gets the kill and your teammate with the selfish attitude gets what he wants.
It seems like their should be a full team choice to boot a player that is ruining the game for the rest of the team; maybe not a unanimous vote but more than half for BTB games (5 of 8) and 3 of 4 for 4v4 matches. This would be a vote that would be a continuous option for all players all the time. THE BEST PART IS, IT WORKS FOR UNATTENDED TEAMMATES!! Those awful motionless spartans waiting in the corners doing absolutely nothing the entire game except adding kills to the other team.

Like anything, there could be some issues that come up with the system, like players getting booted for just playing poorly and having a negative k/d spread. It would be nice to avoid this for those delightful noobs. We do stil depend on them for those killing sprees, right? A highest ranking team captain could be assigned to each match, they would have to make the final decision, or something like that. Also, a set of reasons could be listed for giving a player the boot (ie: sportman conduct, intentional betrayal, etc. Then booted players could then challenge the decision to redeem themselves and punish the deciders, maybe (This could get overly complicated)

One last thought, if a person hasnt moved for a certain amount of time in a game, 1 min or 2 min, couldnt the game automatically boot them? I dont think anyone would really object.

Anyway, buh-bye.

> All of those ideas make the game more complicated then it’s worth and everyone that does not understand what is going on will complain about it in the forums.
>
> However I will add this: instead of ranking the maps for voting, why not make the one vote permanent like in arena? Once you vote you are done, none of this switching and picking all of the options to see what gets picked.

The thing I liked most about Arena voting was that you couldn’t see what everyone else was voting on. It was more honest. You couldn’t go with the popular vote because you didn’t know what it was.

> One last thought, if a person hasnt moved for a certain amount of time in a game, 1 min or 2 min, couldnt the game automatically boot them? I dont think anyone would really object.

This again and again. I know that CoD has this. I’ve played CoD before and gone to the bathroom before a match started only to get kicked out due to inactivity. This is one thing that CoD does right. It stops AFKers.

Hey guys, let’s move this conversation to ncsuDuncan’s original thread so everything’s in one place. :slight_smile: