Quitting Bans Should Be Removed

• I quit out of a game and got banned for 10 minutes. Then I didn’t think I would get banned again on my very next quit so I quit again and got banned for an hour. Then after that hour passed, I told myself I’m not quitting out anymore and then I ended up lagging out of the next game and that caused me to get banned for a day because the game registered that as a quit. This feature needs to be removed from the game. Just add an exp progression system alongside the 1-50 ranking system and people will quit out less because they don’t want the exp penalty.

Or you could not quit games so when it does lag out you should be fine. Completing games isn’t a lot to ask not to get banned.

The ban system is to discourage people from quitting games, because when you quit a game, it encourages more people to quit and that ruins matches. For example, I played a Halo CE CTF game on Blood Gulch. Half my team quit in the first 2 mins of the game. The other team had 2 people quite in the first 2 mins as well. So now I’m playing a
4 vs 6 CTF game. Not very fair. Some how we ended the game tied at 1 flag for each team. But during the entire game I was ready for it to end. This is why there is a ban system in place, to keep games like this from happening. And it obviously works, because you said yourself after the 2nd ban you wouldn’t quit any more games. Now lagging out of a game sucks, and you shouldn’t receive a ban for it. But quitting games can be prevented. Take my advice, don’t quit games.

Yea, not allowing any drop outs due to connection is too harsh. In any other FPS I’ve played, you dont get banned from matchmaking unless you quit/betray multiple times. Also, a player should be allowed to quit every once in a while too.

> 2533274823858024;4:
> Yea, not allowing any drop outs due to connection is too harsh. In any other FPS I’ve played, you dont get banned from matchmaking unless you quit/betray multiple times. Also, a player should be allowed to quit every once in a while too.

Please go into detail on why you feel someone should be able to quit every once in a while?

> 2535468286260497;5:
> > 2533274823858024;4:
> > Yea, not allowing any drop outs due to connection is too harsh. In any other FPS I’ve played, you dont get banned from matchmaking unless you quit/betray multiple times. Also, a player should be allowed to quit every once in a while too.
>
> Please go into detail on why you feel someone should be able to quit every once in a while?

• All your teammates are AFK - I’m definitely not staying being the only target all match long hoping they will come back (most times they don’t). Seen this happen in 4v4 situations before. - All your teammates quit and it ended up being a 1v4 or a 1v8 - This is even worse than AFK teammates since you are literally the only target. If its BTB thats like 15 -20 mins of wasted time. Especially if its like Team Slayer and the enemy team literally has to kill you 70+ times to win or wait for time to run out. There should just be a mercy system at this point that you can vote in-match to concede and have the match end. - The game had a disconnect error and/or crashed to dashboard before the game even started or a black screen occurred mid match, that is not the player wanting to quit but the game just forced them too and now they get punished for a system error. - Teammate(s) are team betraying by purposefully shooting you all match but making sure not to kill you so it counts as a kill for the enemy team - The betrayer doesn’t actually get the betrayal boot counted against them ever this method so they can shoot teammates all game long harassing them. Seen this happen many times by certain players who do it all game long. Best thing to do next is just leave the game instead of dealing with a guy shooting you all game long getting you killed easily by the enemy team. The only other way to ‘stop’ them shooting you is kill them but then you get banned for betraying a harasser so thats not an option. - Catch all errors like xbox live just goes down briefly (sometimes xbox live will just get very unstable when they have service issues) or a power outage - I am sure there are other reasons someone may need to quit (like an emergency).

> 2533274830876972;6:
> > 2535468286260497;5:
> > > 2533274823858024;4:
> > > Yea, not allowing any drop outs due to connection is too harsh. In any other FPS I’ve played, you dont get banned from matchmaking unless you quit/betray multiple times. Also, a player should be allowed to quit every once in a while too.
> >
> > Please go into detail on why you feel someone should be able to quit every once in a while?
>
> - All your teammates are AFK - I’m definitely not staying being the only target all match long hoping they will come back (most times they don’t). Seen this happen in 4v4 situations before. - All your teammates quit and it ended up being a 1v4 or a 1v8 - This is even worse than AFK teammates since you are literally the only target. If its BTB thats like 15 -20 mins of wasted time. Especially if its like Team Slayer and the enemy team literally has to kill you 70+ times to win or wait for time to run out. There should just be a mercy system at this point that you can vote in-match to concede and have the match end. - The game had a disconnect error and/or crashed to dashboard before the game even started or a black screen occurred mid match, that is not the player wanting to quit but the game just forced them too and now they get punished for a system error. - Teammate(s) are team betraying by purposefully shooting you all match but making sure not to kill you so it counts as a kill for the enemy team - The betrayer doesn’t actually get the betrayal boot counted against them ever this method so they can shoot teammates all game long harassing them. Seen this happen many times by certain players who do it all game long. Best thing to do next is just leave the game instead of dealing with a guy shooting you all game long getting you killed easily by the enemy team. The only other way to ‘stop’ them shooting you is kill them but then you get banned for betraying a harasser so thats not an option. - Catch all errors like xbox live just goes down briefly (sometimes xbox live will just get very unstable when they have service issues) or a power outage - I am sure there are other reasons someone may need to quit (like an emergency).

Thank you for writing this up.

I am not sure what we can do about the AFK issue aside from the idle booting that has been put in place. Even if people don’t actually AFK, but just don’t fight back it falls into this category or just run around jumping.

In the case where you are the last person on your team, you can quit the game and you will not be penalized.

In the cases where you get a disconnect or Xbox live going down, that shouldn’t be a regular occurrence. It shouldn’t get you more than a 10 minute ban if you don’t quit often. I hear what you are saying, and it is out of a players control.

The betrayal thing is extremely valid. This shouldn’t happen, and when tighter bans are put in place on that action, people will probably complain about taking the fun out of shooting their friends.
And emergency quitting… how many times would someone have to do that in a day?

> 2535468286260497;7:
> > 2533274830876972;6:
> > > 2535468286260497;5:
> > > > 2533274823858024;4:
> > > > Yea, not allowing any drop outs due to connection is too harsh. In any other FPS I’ve played, you dont get banned from matchmaking unless you quit/betray multiple times. Also, a player should be allowed to quit every once in a while too.
> > >
> > > Please go into detail on why you feel someone should be able to quit every once in a while?
> >
> > - All your teammates are AFK - I’m definitely not staying being the only target all match long hoping they will come back (most times they don’t). Seen this happen in 4v4 situations before. - All your teammates quit and it ended up being a 1v4 or a 1v8 - This is even worse than AFK teammates since you are literally the only target. If its BTB thats like 15 -20 mins of wasted time. Especially if its like Team Slayer and the enemy team literally has to kill you 70+ times to win or wait for time to run out. There should just be a mercy system at this point that you can vote in-match to concede and have the match end. - The game had a disconnect error and/or crashed to dashboard before the game even started or a black screen occurred mid match, that is not the player wanting to quit but the game just forced them too and now they get punished for a system error. - Teammate(s) are team betraying by purposefully shooting you all match but making sure not to kill you so it counts as a kill for the enemy team - The betrayer doesn’t actually get the betrayal boot counted against them ever this method so they can shoot teammates all game long harassing them. Seen this happen many times by certain players who do it all game long. Best thing to do next is just leave the game instead of dealing with a guy shooting you all game long getting you killed easily by the enemy team. The only other way to ‘stop’ them shooting you is kill them but then you get banned for betraying a harasser so thats not an option. - Catch all errors like xbox live just goes down briefly (sometimes xbox live will just get very unstable when they have service issues) or a power outage - I am sure there are other reasons someone may need to quit (like an emergency).
>
> And emergency quitting… how many times would someone have to do that in a day?

I’m probably not the best to answer that question since I don’t need to quit for emergencies myself. I’ve seen it come up a valid reason by others in the past who had difference life situations/circumstances though that made sense. If I had to set a limit just 1 quit before the bans start coming in. I don’t think Halo Reach or Halo 5 bans you right away if you leave just one match (ranked or social). I don’t think they even have a popup warning after the first quit too.

I played a ton of games yesterday and never quit out of any of them even if I was losing, i feel that should be a normal thing and if it isiyou’ll have no problem no being banned .

Redirecting queries about matchmaking bans to the official ban thread, please read over the first post before responding:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/the-official-halo-mcc-why-was-i-banned-thread/95de2d50-5e10-42db-9490-c24efbd2dc74/posts