QUITTING AND CRASHING

I’d put this into the support thread though it’d just sit there to die; but I also want to cover the topic of quitters as well as crashing.

HW 2 keeps crashing at intensive points during the match on my Xbox One X. Anything with a lot of action has a chance to crash it; and its really annoying.

It’s not even like I’m the only one affected, teammates are constantly leaving due to either crashing or dcing and I’m amazed that the fundamental problems of this game still haven’t been fixed since launch. I love it to bits but it’s hard to enjoy it when you’re kicked out of a winning match after FINALLY getting teammates who don’t leave 5 minutes in.

Which leads me on to ask is there a penalty to rage quitting games consistently? The amount of times I’ll either get put with an insta-quitter or one who does it every game I have with them is insane, and it lowers my rank (which isn’t even that great I know but still makes it worse).

Disconnects/crashes are annoying, but they are relatively rare. I do not know if there is any kind of quit ban in HW2, but I don’t think there is. If you are playing ranked, however, quitting a game is seen by the system as far worse than losing a game. A quit will automatically drop you down 30 CSR, whereas a loss will depend on the ranks of both yourself and the person/people you are playing with/against.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions don’t hesitate to ask here or shoot me a message.

> 2533274812650916;2:
> Disconnects/crashes are annoying, but they are relatively rare. I do not know if there is any kind of quit ban in HW2, but I don’t think there is. If you are playing ranked, however, quitting a game is seen by the system as far worse than losing a game. A quit will automatically drop you down 30 CSR, whereas a loss will depend on the ranks of both yourself and the person/people you are playing with/against.
>
> Hope this helps. If you have any more questions don’t hesitate to ask here or shoot me a message.

Thanks for the info!
But it does seem in the matches leading up to getting a rank, there’s a fair amount of players who leave and dont really care about downing their rank before there even is one. Seems to be really prevalent when there is a low level on the team, too. But there’s not much that can be done about that.

It’s a shame there isn’t a system in place to try and at least prevent it, like how Rainbow 6 or CoD does with a timeout / ban.

> 2533274817806882;3:
> > 2533274812650916;2:
> > Disconnects/crashes are annoying, but they are relatively rare. I do not know if there is any kind of quit ban in HW2, but I don’t think there is. If you are playing ranked, however, quitting a game is seen by the system as far worse than losing a game. A quit will automatically drop you down 30 CSR, whereas a loss will depend on the ranks of both yourself and the person/people you are playing with/against.
> >
> > Hope this helps. If you have any more questions don’t hesitate to ask here or shoot me a message.
>
> Thanks for the info!
> But it does seem in the matches leading up to getting a rank, there’s a fair amount of players who leave and dont really care about downing their rank before there even is one. Seems to be really prevalent when there is a low level on the team, too. But there’s not much that can be done about that.
>
> It’s a shame there isn’t a system in place to try and at least prevent it, like how Rainbow 6 or CoD does with a timeout / ban.

In a perfect world HW2 would be equipped with a rejoin game in progress feature, where disconnects are turned from a sucker punch to your rank and absolute killjoy, to a minor minute or so inconvenience. Sure, it may still cause people to lose games, especially when things are intense, but it’s better than a guaranteed loss.

Although I am sure that a rejoin in progress feature is quite complicated to implement, especially in a game without the underlying mechanic of join in progress being present in the first place.