Quitting a game is NOT OK.

Yesterday I seen a forum saying that leaving a match is OK because they paid for the game. This got me so mad that I made a whole video explaining why leaving a match is not OK because I deal with quitters all the time. (Because we really have people thinking its just fine to go AWOL on their team) Just because you paid money for the game does not give you the right to ruin the game for the others who paid for the game. Basically the video tells you how leaving a match ruins the fun for both teams and how it just waste everyone time when you leave a slayer match. Please note I am not talking about people who leaves a match because they had something important to do. 2-3 days ago my PC was blue screening so I had to drop the controller and fix it. I know stuff can pop up. This is just for those who leaves a match because they are losing. It happens to me almost every other game. If you want to see the video here is the link Halo 5: Why leaving a match just because you are losing is not ok - YouTube the quality is not good. (First time using the elgato ) but it gets the point around. Halo 5 needs to find a way to deal with these quitters!
EDIT: Sorry for the re post. I wanted it under halo 5 but somehow it went to community poll discussion so I just re posted it in the halo 5 forum

Quitters in CSR playlists face a CSR penalty when they quit.

Meh, I only care in ranked. My enjoyment is my priority.

Your original post got moved to the Polls section because it had a poll in it. Pick which one you want to leave open; cross posting topics across different subforums isn’t allowed.

Reasons to quit, #1 real life happens… Fire, something with kids for those who have them or pets stuff like that, that being said DON’T start a ranked game if you know you may not have the next ten or fifteen minutes free… #2 extreme lag, I can’t blame people for not sticking around a lagged out game…

Reasons not to quit, #1 you are losing, dying or not having fun. #2 a friend sends you and invite for another game, complete the game you are in then join them. #3 Bathroom, snack or drink breaks… That is what in between games are for.

> 2535426615997959;1:
> EDIT: Sorry for the re post. I wanted it under halo 5 but somehow it went to community poll discussion so I just re posted it in the halo 5 forum

I moved it because it was a poll and therefore in the wrong section. You don’t need two topics on this.

edit; didn’t realize chimera had already responded.

> 2533274817408735;4:
> Your original post got moved to the Polls section because it had a poll in it. Pick which one you want to leave open; cross posting topics across different subforums isn’t allowed.

I’ll delete the poll then. How do i delete it?

> 2535426615997959;7:
> > 2533274817408735;4:
> > Your original post got moved to the Polls section because it had a poll in it. Pick which one you want to leave open; cross posting topics across different subforums isn’t allowed.
>
> I’ll delete the poll then. How do i delete it?

There is no deleting on Waypoint. We’ll just lock that other thread and direct conversation to this one.

Yeah quitting in ranked bothers me, which is why I am ok with the penalties against it. But there are times when it can’t be helped, they just have to accept the consequences.

I had someone message me in what ended up being a 3v1 game the other day and say “hey you know you can quit now and not be penalized,” but they were only 10 kills from the win, so I messaged him back and said “nah its almost over, and I’m going to take a couple of you guys with me, haha” I got a good laugh out of him with that.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> Reasons not to quit, #1 you are losing, dying or not having fun. #2 a friend sends you and invite for another game, complete the game you are in then join them. #3 Bathroom, snack or drink breaks… That is what in between games are for.

Dying, in and of itself, is not a reason to quit. If it was then everyone would quit every match because I’m sure there are very few players who will make it through a round of Halo unscathed. Dying an absurd amount at the hands of a gross mis-match or a smurf is another story. You can look me in the eye and tell me to stick it out if you somehow think that makes the world a better place or makes me a better person, but those would both be lies.

Invite from a friend? Well, if it’s a random friend then I agree - that’s no reason to quit. If a person I actually know, a person whose company I enjoy, and a person who I might seldom or never get to interact with otherwise, comes on and wants to pass a little Halo time with me? Sorry, but the seven strangers I’m locked in hell with will just have to figure it all out without me. People before paperwork, as a wise man once said to me.

Bathroom breaks. When you get to be my age you may change your attitude on this one. I don’t always get to choose them. Sometimes they choose me.

In the end Halo is a game and not a job. It’s purpose for existence is to entertain me, not confound me, not infuriate me, not leave me scratching my head wondering eight times a game and trying to figure out how or why things are happening. I’m willing to allow for some confounding, and some infuriation, and some not understanding what the hell just happened. But these days it seems to be all those things most of the time, and 343 has seen fit to not provide a single-player non-campaign PvE game mode where malcontents such as myself can roam free and pose no threat to their archly competitive game-mates. I know, it’s an imperfect world in which we live. Sorry to be that guy, but there it is.

> 2533274873843883;10:
> > 2533274816788253;5:
> >

Bathroom breaks. When you get to be my age you may change your attitude on this one. I don’t always get to choose them. Sometimes they choose me.

Lulz, just took a break now to put tiger balm on my back.

> 2533274873843883;10:
> > 2533274816788253;5:
> > Reasons not to quit, #1 you are losing, dying or not having fun. #2 a friend sends you and invite for another game, complete the game you are in then join them. #3 Bathroom, snack or drink breaks… That is what in between games are for.
>
> Dying, in and of itself, is not a reason to quit. If it was then everyone would quit every match because I’m sure there are very few players who will make it through a round of Halo unscathed. Dying an absurd amount at the hands of a gross mis-match or a smurf is another story. You can look me in the eye and tell me to stick it out if you somehow think that makes the world a better place or makes me a better person, but those would both be lies.
>
> Invite from a friend? Well, if it’s a random friend then I agree - that’s no reason to quit. If a person I actually know, a person whose company I enjoy, and a person who I might seldom or never get to interact with otherwise, comes on and wants to pass a little Halo time with me? Sorry, but the seven strangers I’m locked in hell with will just have to figure it all out without me. People before paperwork, as a wise man once said to me.
>
> Bathroom breaks. When you get to be my age you may change your attitude on this one. I don’t always get to choose them. Sometimes they choose me.
>
> In the end Halo is a game and not a job. It’s purpose for existence is to entertain me, not confound me, not infuriate me, not leave me scratching my head wondering eight times a game and trying to figure out how or why things are happening. I’m willing to allow for some confounding, and some infuriation, and some not understanding what the hell just happened. But these days it seems to be all those things most of the time, and 343 has seen fit to not provide a single-player non-campaign PvE game mode where malcontents such as myself can roam free and pose no threat to their archly competitive game-mates. I know, it’s an imperfect world in which we live. Sorry to be that guy, but there it is.

Those are pretty weak IMO… Even dying excessively isn’t all that good a reason. Are they just having a good game or are you simply having a bad one? People throw around that “smurf” excuse a bit to much just like “farmed”…

A real friend should understand that quitters in Halo are super lame and understand you should finish your game then join up.

Bathroom break relates to if you know you can’t be free for ten or fifteen minutes then don’t start a ranked game.

If it is just a game to you then if you have quit often enough to earn a ban hammer then it shouldn’t really bother you. The ban hammer is super lenient. Yes I have quit games and have yet to be banned… So to me those who get banned have clearly earned them.

> 2533274816788253;12:
> > 2533274873843883;10:
> > > 2533274816788253;5:
> > > Reasons not to quit, #1 you are losing, dying or not having fun. #2 a friend sends you and invite for another game, complete the game you are in then join them. #3 Bathroom, snack or drink breaks… That is what in between games are for.
> >
> > Dying, in and of itself, is not a reason to quit. If it was then everyone would quit every match because I’m sure there are very few players who will make it through a round of Halo unscathed. Dying an absurd amount at the hands of a gross mis-match or a smurf is another story. You can look me in the eye and tell me to stick it out if you somehow think that makes the world a better place or makes me a better person, but those would both be lies.
> >
> > Invite from a friend? Well, if it’s a random friend then I agree - that’s no reason to quit. If a person I actually know, a person whose company I enjoy, and a person who I might seldom or never get to interact with otherwise, comes on and wants to pass a little Halo time with me? Sorry, but the seven strangers I’m locked in hell with will just have to figure it all out without me. People before paperwork, as a wise man once said to me.
> >
> > Bathroom breaks. When you get to be my age you may change your attitude on this one. I don’t always get to choose them. Sometimes they choose me.
> >
> > In the end Halo is a game and not a job. It’s purpose for existence is to entertain me, not confound me, not infuriate me, not leave me scratching my head wondering eight times a game and trying to figure out how or why things are happening. I’m willing to allow for some confounding, and some infuriation, and some not understanding what the hell just happened. But these days it seems to be all those things most of the time, and 343 has seen fit to not provide a single-player non-campaign PvE game mode where malcontents such as myself can roam free and pose no threat to their archly competitive game-mates. I know, it’s an imperfect world in which we live. Sorry to be that guy, but there it is.
>
> Those are pretty weak IMO… Even dying excessively isn’t all that good a reason. Are they just having a good game or are you simply having a bad one? People throw around that “smurf” excuse a bit to much just like “farmed”…
>
> A real friend should understand that quitters in Halo are super lame and understand you should finish your game then join up.
>
> Bathroom break relates to if you know you can’t be free for ten or fifteen minutes then don’t start a ranked game.
>
> If it is just a game to you then if you have quit often enough to earn a ban hammer then it shouldn’t really bother you. The ban hammer is super lenient. Yes I have quit games and have yet to be banned… So to me those who get banned have clearly earned them.

I have to agree 100% that the term “farmed” gets grossly misused, and that “smurf” very likely does too. What is probably just a guy having a lucky game is easy to call “smurfing,” but I don’t really care how a guy (on my team or on the other one) gets to a 17 and 2 match - it’s just something I don’t want any part of. It’s a sign of a badly designed game, badly implemented skill assessment, or badly executed matchmaking. And I don’t really care which one - it’s a deal-breaker either way.

My friends would more than understand if I played out the match. But I’m also going to help my three teammates understand that if you match with randoms then you get random results. If I’m the motivating force behind their joining a Spartan Company filled with more reliable people then that’s what I call making a virtue of necessity.

Bladders don’t respect any clock and sometimes fifteen minutes can start free and clear and end very nearly in tears. I understand that this is a conflict of the very old and of the very young and unlikely to earn the sympathy of those in between, but bladders equally have no respect for a lack of sympathy. It calls, I answer. Simple as that.

The point here isn’t whether or not or to what degree there are legitimate reasons for leaving a match. The point is that we will never get to a point where we’re all on the same page, 343 will seek in vain (and only half-heartedly) to control the uncontrollable, and people will continue to complain about the lack of sportsmanship in their random-match teammates instead of taking the bull by the horns. I’ve quit more H5 matches than I’ve finished. I have absolutely no gripe with the bans I’ve earned, and I don’t come to the forums to chew ears over the many and varied problems I have with the game. So do I have a quitting problem? Guess it depends on who you ask.

Yawn I’m feeling lazy (link)

I honestly don’t like it when people quit. If they are to quit they should face a req point loss, csr loss and low-priority-queue. Everyone only cares about req points in this game. They should also gain half of the game’s score limit of deaths (unless not applicable then 15 deaths (CTF, Strongholds, etc.)) to service record. This discourages quitting more than just a csr loss.

The soft-forfeit system works, but has flaws…

This is why I prefer to play with friends as if they need to do something they can tell you before you start searching for a match.

> 2533274888753908;14:
> Yawn I’m feeling lazy (link)
>
> I honestly don’t like it when people quit. If they are to quit they should face a req point loss, csr loss and low-priority-queue. Everyone only cares about req points in this game. They should also gain half of the game’s score limit of deaths (unless not applicable then 15 deaths (CTF, Strongholds, etc.)) to service record. This discourages quitting more than just a csr loss.
>
> The soft-forfeit system works, but has flaws…

Sorry I can’t link until I reach the rank Marine which means I need to make 100 post and I don’t even think I have even made 25 post yet lol.

> 2533274817408735;4:
> Your original post got moved to the Polls section because it had a poll in it. Pick which one you want to leave open; cross posting topics across different subforums isn’t allowed.

Your profile picture just makes everything you post all the more cheeky and I love that. Please don’t change it. Now, on to the actual topic.

As far as quitting goes, I can understand if something more important arises (like oh -Yoink-, gotta get to work), or your connection cuts out. But quitting because you’re losing makes the possibility of your team pulling ahead even slimmer, and you’re kinda screwing them over. In the end, it’s just a game, so have fun, and don’t let it get to you.

> 2533274819799718;11:
> > 2533274873843883;10:
> > > 2533274816788253;5:
> > >
>
> Bathroom breaks. When you get to be my age you may change your attitude on this one. I don’t always get to choose them. Sometimes they choose me.
>
> Lulz, just took a break now to put tiger balm on my back.

I use a diaper myself.

Life seems to happen a lot in H5. Why else would anyone quit this perfect game.

> 2535426615997959;16:
> > 2533274888753908;14:
> > Yawn I’m feeling lazy (link)
> >
> > I honestly don’t like it when people quit. If they are to quit they should face a req point loss, csr loss and low-priority-queue. Everyone only cares about req points in this game. They should also gain half of the game’s score limit of deaths (unless not applicable then 15 deaths (CTF, Strongholds, etc.)) to service record. This discourages quitting more than just a csr loss.
> >
> > The soft-forfeit system works, but has flaws…
>
> Sorry I can’t link until I reach the rank Marine which means I need to make 100 post and I don’t even think I have even made 25 post yet lol.

I know, that’s why I did it. :slight_smile:

If I still had Xbox Live, I would go find a match in the HCS playlist and quit. Just for you. :slight_smile:

Honestly, I don’t have an issue with quitting, as long as it’s for the right reasons. I’ve quit games before, and I’m perfectly fine with it. Sometimes life gets in the way, and there are many more important things in life than a video game (especially your rank in a video game). And if I’m frustrated, not having fun, and are on the edge of getting angry, I’m going to quit and turn off the game. My mental well being is more important to me than the idea of not quitting in a video game.

Does dealing with quitters suck? Yeah, of course it does. But in the end, it’s nothing but a video game. It’s meant for fun, and it’s not serious business. If you’re getting upset over what somebody is doing in a game, you’re letting your emotions get overrun by a form of entertainment. If somebody quits and you lose because of it, relax and move on to the next game.