Quitters

Very frustrated with people starting games and then quitting. Seems inevitable that I always end up on the team that is down a man. I’m purely writing this out of frustration, but is anything being done to stop this kind of stuff? I really love Halo, but holy -Yoink-! It’s not fair that just because Johnny Dickmunch decides to quit, I am left with the decision of deciding whether or not hanging myself and ending my misery or finishing yet another 3v4 CTF is a better use of my time. Surely I’m not the only one fed up with this.

> 2535437010161650;1:
> Very frustrated with people starting games and then quitting. Seems inevitable that I always end up on the team that is down a man. I’m purely writing this out of frustration, but is anything being done to stop this kind of stuff? I really love Halo, but holy -Yoink-! It’s not fair that just because Johnny Dickmunch decides to quit, I am left with the decision of deciding whether or not hanging myself and ending my misery or finishing yet another 3v4 CTF is a better use of my time. Surely I’m not the only one fed up with this.

You’re lucky you can even play CTF.

It’s just Slayer, Slayer, Slayer, Breakout, Slayer, Breakout, Slayer for me… I never see Strongholds or CTF in my Arena matches. Rotation needs fixing as well.

Yeah but not much we can do about it, sucks I wish there would be a bigger penalty for quitting.

> 2533274812949247;3:
> Yeah but not much we can do about it, sucks I wish there would be a bigger penalty for quitting.

Only penalty is getting banned which is like 6-8 hours.

Try warzone 5 on 8. No lie this happened to me the last 6 matches I played on Wednesday. So frustrating…

Well, some of us have perfect internet connections and are getting kicked. Makes no sense, I’ve been dropped from 5 matches today with XBL connection. The game kicks people all the time…makes no sense.

Im with you. I play slayer and constantly I get people that quit in the first 2 min of the match like why start a match if your going to quit. Or the best part is the bad people at the game that go 2-12 and quit after bringing down the team the whole game. It get frustrating and is one reason why i basically stopped playing arena.

Quitting remains a major issue that needs addressing.

I thought it would have started to decline by now, but it’s as bad as launch. I find it tough to play even a few games without one or more people quitting.

> 2533274812949247;3:
> Yeah but not much we can do about it, sucks I wish there would be a bigger penalty for quitting.

I think they should reward for not quitting. I’ll stay even if it’s 3v4

> 2533274801548550;6:
> Well, some of us have perfect internet connections and are getting kicked. Makes no sense, I’ve been dropped from 5 matches today with XBL connection. The game kicks people all the time…makes no sense.

Lol hello again

But seriously… This is bloody annoying and needs sorting, people should be punished when then leave the game on purpose… Not people like splitsand

> 2533274865803236;9:
> > 2533274812949247;3:
> > Yeah but not much we can do about it, sucks I wish there would be a bigger penalty for quitting.
>
>
> I think they should reward for not quitting. I’ll stay even if it’s 3v4

I think that’s the purpose of one of the current XP boosts - complete the game and get rewarded.

> 2533274939018653;4:
> > 2533274812949247;3:
> > Yeah but not much we can do about it, sucks I wish there would be a bigger penalty for quitting.
>
>
> Only penalty is getting banned which is like 6-8 hours.

Honestly, that works for me. If you quit, you’re done for the night.

> 2533274862181038;11:
> > 2533274865803236;9:
> > > 2533274812949247;3:
> > > Yeah but not much we can do about it, sucks I wish there would be a bigger penalty for quitting.
> >
> >
> > I think they should reward for not quitting. I’ll stay even if it’s 3v4
>
>
> I think that’s the purpose of one of the current XP boosts - complete the game and get rewarded.

I like the idea of that, you can only have so many xp boosts though.

Thank you for making this post. I’ve been dealing with this issue since launch day and it seems like 6-7 out of 10 games ends with unballanced teams. And it’s always the 2-12 guy, it’s never a player who’s doing well which tells me that their quitting because their doing bad. Who cares! Play the Damn game! It’s the only way you’re going to get better. Or just go play call of duty and have the killstreaks do the killing for you so the real halo players can have a great experience playing the game we love. End rant.

Strategic quitting. No dignity or pride anymore, People would do anything to get up the ladder…

I have been in lots of slayer games where my team is loosing by a lot - I then look at the scoreboard and see that Im the only one leaft - this makes me sooooooo mad!!!

> 2535410009404777;15:
> Strategic quitting. No dignity or pride anymore, People would do anything to get up the ladder…

Anymore? Never was.

Always wondered why there isn’t a formal handicap system for when people quit a match?

Eg. If a match starts with 4 v 3 then the game would start with a scoreline of something like 0 - 10. It would give the side with fewer players a chance… and the complete side a challenge.

343 has a database of millions of game results… so they could easily work out what the relative scores should be given the number of players on each side, what their CSR’s are, the current score, and how much time is left in the game.

So even if the current score is 42 to 35 with 3 minutes to go… and someone quits… the scores can be adjusted immediately to keep the game balanced. The changes could be quite different depending on which team lost the player - and how good that player was! If the leading team lost their token ‘damage sponge’ the scores may not change much at all… but if the losing team lost their ‘VIP’ they may get a significant boost to their score!

A little like the Duckworth-Ellis tables for lost overs in cricket.

You could also put in place a few other things to lessen the pain of a player dropping out (and prevent a cascade of more quitters)… take some time of the clock… lessen the hit to the losing team’s CSR… REQ bonuses… etc.

I’m at the end of my patience with these dickheads.

> 2585548714655118;18:
> Always wondered why there isn’t a formal handicap system for when people quit a match?
>
> Eg. If a match starts with 4 v 3 then the game would start with a scoreline of something like 0 - 10. It would give the side with fewer players a chance… and the complete side a challenge.
>
> 343 has a database of millions of game results… so they could easily work out what the relative scores should be given the number of players on each side, what their CSR’s are, the current score, and how much time is left in the game.
>
> So even if the current score is 42 to 35 with 3 minutes to go… and someone quits… the scores can be adjusted immediately to keep the game balanced. The changes could be quite different depending on which team lost the player - and how good that player was! If the leading team lost their token ‘damage sponge’ the scores may not change much at all… but if the losing team lost their ‘VIP’ they may get a significant boost to their score!
>
> A little like the Duckworth-Ellis tables for lost overs in cricket.
>
> You could also put in place a few other things to lessen the pain of a player dropping out (and prevent a cascade of more quitters)… take some time of the clock… lessen the hit to the losing team’s CSR… REQ bonuses… etc.

great ideas