Quitters Plaguing Game Already: Suggested Penalty

Quitters are a huge problem in this game already. People saying it will calm down apparently don’t remember MCC; quitters ruin that game to this day. I just played 4 rounds of Slayer and half my team quit in two of them within the first few minutes.

I suggest this: if a player quits two times in one hour, they get a two-hour ban. If they get three of these bans within 48 hours, they get a 24-hour ban.

Too harsh? Not harsh enough? CS:GO has a harsher ban policy. What will solve the problem here?

The quitters in TMCC are the primary reason, along with many others, why I quit playing TMCC.
This is exactly why I will stay mainly in Warzone. JIP. If someone quits, someone else will join. Really looking forward to that.

It’s because there’s barely any playlists. If people don’t get what they want, they’re just going to leave. They don’t care what the penalty is. THAT was what the problem with MCC was. Lack of variety in playlists.

Nothing will solve the problem right now unfortunately. There are always going to be these people, and with the lack of map rotation and game modes, this will be an ongoing problem until 343i releases more modes (which will be for free) and maps (which won’t be). The best thing to do is to bear with it until after Christmas once more content (which will hopefully include Forge and BTB) should have been released and there’s a more consistent player base (despite the influx of Christmas players).

I agree.

I’m sick of hearing 420StonerXXXX calling his deadbeat mates midgame and then quitting once he’s found something to rot his mind with.

> 2533274793616507;3:
> It’s because there’s barely any playlists. If people don’t get what they want, they’re just going to leave. They don’t care what the penalty is. THAT was what the problem with MCC was. Lack of variety in playlists.

Actually the main problem with TMCC was the cross game playlists. If someone wanted BTB for example, they could get thrown into H1, h2, h3 or h4. And if they did not like a specific game, they would quit. Or if their team was losing they would quit. That is why I have said for years Halo needed JIP. It was added in H4 and I loved it but JIP has always been a very controversial topic. Without it people cry about quitters. With it people cry because they join a losing game. I personally prefer JIP by a longshot.

So most likely I will stick with Warzone because it has JIP and everything else I have ever asked for in a Halo game.

Or they can add a quit penalty (which they said they are indeed enforcing in H5) Might just take a few days or weeks for it to take effect.

This system is already in effect, negative behaviour is tracked by 343 and repeat quit outs will receive temp bans with increasing length for continued quits.
same thing for betrayals, suicides, idling, and other negative behaviour in game.

The starting week will have more of it while the system collects data and then it will taper WAY down once bans start rolling out.

Source: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/enter-the-arena

scroll down to the “The Banhammer Strikes!” section

/THREAD

Wait isn’t that basically the penalty already like someone left like 2 out of 50 games yesterday from just disconnecting and got a ban.

> 2787272447958470;6:
> > 2533274793616507;3:
> > It’s because there’s barely any playlists. If people don’t get what they want, they’re just going to leave. They don’t care what the penalty is. THAT was what the problem with MCC was. Lack of variety in playlists.
>
>
> Actually the main problem with TMCC was the cross game playlists. If someone wanted BTB for example, they could get thrown into H1, h2, h3 or h4. And if they did not like a specific game, they would quit. Or if their team was losing they would quit. That is why I have said for years Halo needed JIP. It was added in H4 and I loved it but JIP has always been a very controversial topic. Without it people cry about quitters. With it people cry because they join a losing game. I personally prefer JIP by a longshot.
>
> So most likely I will stick with Warzone because it has JIP and everything else I have ever asked for in a Halo game.
>
> Or they can add a quit penalty (which they said they are indeed enforcing in H5) Might just take a few days or weeks for it to take effect.

JIP is decent, and you are right about the no-win situation of whether to have it or not. The problem is that there are games you can, and eventually will, be dropped into where you’re losing by a good 10-20 kills or 2 captures to none with the enemy team on their way back with your flag. JIP is definitely a better option than simply losing players and being outnumbered, but there needs to be something put in place to avoid the obvious disadvantage of being put into a lost game.

> 2787272447958470;6:
> > 2533274793616507;3:
> > It’s because there’s barely any playlists. If people don’t get what they want, they’re just going to leave. They don’t care what the penalty is. THAT was what the problem with MCC was. Lack of variety in playlists.
>
>
> Actually the main problem with TMCC was the cross game playlists. If someone wanted BTB for example, they could get thrown into H1, h2, h3 or h4. And if they did not like a specific game, they would quit. Or if their team was losing they would quit. That is why I have said for years Halo needed JIP. It was added in H4 and I loved it but JIP has always been a very controversial topic. Without it people cry about quitters. With it people cry because they join a losing game. I personally prefer JIP by a longshot.
>
> So most likely I will stick with Warzone because it has JIP and everything else I have ever asked for in a Halo game.
>
> Or they can add a quit penalty (which they said they are indeed enforcing in H5) Might just take a few days or weeks for it to take effect.

Well, yeah. That’s the point. No one’s getting what they want to play. Obviously, in MCC, it’s a much bigger problem, but in Halo 5, it’s still a pretty big problem.

I don’t think all of them are quitters. The first day i was kicked out by the servers 11 of 17 games. Yesterday was better kicked out 8 of 15 games. Always with the stupid server error back to main screen. Not saying that some of them didn’t just quit.

I was under the impression there was some sort of quitting penalty.

> 2533274792830270;4:
> Nothing will solve the problem right now unfortunately. There are always going to be these people, and with the lack of map rotation and game modes, this will be an ongoing problem until 343i releases more modes (which will be for free) and maps (which won’t be). The best thing to do is to bear with it until after Christmas once more content (which will hopefully include Forge and BTB) should have been released and there’s a more consistent player base (despite the influx of Christmas players).

Second person I’ve seen today with bad info on this. All map packs in Halo 5 will be free. We knew this since June. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/09/all-halo-5-guardians-dlc-maps-will-be-free

> 2533274830783389;7:
> This system is already in effect, negative behaviour is tracked by 343 and repeat quit outs will receive temp bans with increasing length for continued quits.
> same thing for betrayals, suicides, idling, and other negative behaviour in game.
>
> The starting week will have more of it while the system collects data and then it will taper WAY down once bans start rolling out.
>
> Source: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/enter-the-arena
>
> scroll down to the “The Banhammer Strikes!” section
>
> /THREAD

No, not /THREAD. That’s total conjecture on your part. The link you provided says nothing about for how long the “system collects data,” or even that bans haven’t started rolling out yet. It doesn’t mention any specifics at all; how long is the first ban? how long are subsequent bans? what’s the criteria for quitting resulting in a ban? two quits in an hour? four quits in a day? 10 quits in a week?

As you said yourself, the system is already in effect. What exactly is the system and why are my games plagued with quitters?

> 2533274801617953;11:
> I don’t think all of them are quitters. The first day i was kicked out by the servers 11 of 17 games. Yesterday was better kicked out 8 of 15 games. Always with the stupid server error back to main screen. Not saying that some of them didn’t just quit.

There are networking errors with 343’s servers, and will be for maybe a week or 2 while the player base settles, but the game picks up on that. So no worries about getting a temporary ban for losing connection.

> 2533274792830270;4:
> Nothing will solve the problem right now unfortunately. There are always going to be these people, and with the lack of map rotation and game modes, this will be an ongoing problem until 343i releases more modes (which will be for free) and maps (which won’t be). The best thing to do is to bear with it until after Christmas once more content (which will hopefully include Forge and BTB) should have been released and there’s a more consistent player base (despite the influx of Christmas players).

Already said all DLC for this game is on the house.

> 2535418131715825;1:
> Quitters are a huge problem in this game already. People saying it will calm down apparently don’t remember MCC; quitters ruin that game to this day. I just played 4 rounds of Slayer and half my team quit in two of them within the first few minutes.
>
> I suggest this: if a player quits two times in one hour, they get a two-hour ban. If they get three of these bans within 48 hours, they get a 24-hour ban.
>
> Too harsh? Not harsh enough? CS:GO has a harsher ban policy. What will solve the problem here?

I think 2 quits is too few as if someone disconnects twice in the same hour that could be problematic as it is seen as a quit. I would say 3 quits in an hour gives a 1-2 hour ban from MM. I would say after multiple bans (3-5) they then get a week long ban from MM. If multiple bans (20+) the user is then banned from MM for excessive quitting.

It’s an issue (I created a post about this yesterday). And I don’t know what 343i can actually do about it for the time being.

Peer pressure is probably the best solution. You see someone quit, send them a message via Xbox Live (being polite of course just mentioning “it really hurts your teammates if you back out of a match early”. it appears some players will quit within the first minute if things don’t go “their way”. And that’s just flat out lame weak stick behavior.

> 2533274801617953;11:
> I don’t think all of them are quitters. The first day i was kicked out by the servers 11 of 17 games. Yesterday was better kicked out 8 of 15 games. Always with the stupid server error back to main screen. Not saying that some of them didn’t just quit.

Hmmm. I think 343i went above and beyond with H5 to make sure this wouldn’t happen. For example. I have at least 20 matches in and haven’t been booted once.

about 2 thirds of the arena matches ive played have had quitters. for as much as this community rails on about how competitive they think they are there sure are A LOT of sore losers! if there will be no join in progress there can be no quitting. make them stay and rack up deaths. at the very least hopeless matches will end quicker and the quitters who are trying to boost their kd by avoiding those deaths will earn their real stats. problem solved.

I quit 3 times in a row and I wasn’t penalised. Muhahaha