Quiters in Halo 5

I have been grinding away in Warzone, trying to get better and rank up. My biggest issues are the quitters. We will start a game and literally if we don’t cap the middle base or our Armory gets attacked early you will see 1-4 people quit right away, making it near impossible to turn the tide of the game back. Then as the game goes on I see even more quitters to the point where we have 5-7 Spartans left against a full team. Its ridiculous, there needs to be a penalty for quitters. If they would just stick in the game and tough it out, we would have a way better chance at brining the game back and they can get their xp/rp. Im so sick of quitters, I always tuff it out and stay the whole game even if im way negative or gonna lose, I want the xp/rp.

Anyways just my thoughts/frustration with Halo 5 Warzone at the moment.

Thank you!

There should be a quit counter in a players stats for sure.

There are penalties. They just pop into a different playlist to have it ‘cool down’ or just play a different game entirely once they do get struck by the hammer.

I’ve seen an increase in player quitting too lately. Seems like one in five CTF games once a flag is captured there goes a player or two, even if there’s five minutes left still :confused:

Iirc there is a penalty, you lose points off your XBL Rep, and enough quits can suspend you temporarily from matchmaking.

> 2533274793670580;1:
> I have been grinding away in Warzone, trying to get better and rank up. My biggest issues are the quitters. We will start a game and literally if we don’t cap the middle base or our Armory gets attacked early you will see 1-4 people quit right away, making it near impossible to turn the tide of the game back. Then as the game goes on I see even more quitters to the point where we have 5-7 Spartans left against a full team. Its ridiculous, there needs to be a penalty for quitters. If they would just stick in the game and tough it out, we would have a way better chance at brining the game back and they can get their xp/rp. Im so sick of quitters, I always tuff it out and stay the whole game even if im way negative or gonna lose, I want the xp/rp.
>
> Anyways just my thoughts/frustration with Halo 5 Warzone at the moment.
>
> Thank you!

There are penalties, it’s called getting a temporary ban for quitting lol. And if you wanted a worse punishment then just use Halo 3’s system and make them stay because they won’t get xp if they leave lol

Definitely needs a quit counter on profiles and some kind of permanent punishment if they quit a certain amount of games in a row

Almost every game tonight had minimum 2 people drop in BTB

Maybe they are like me and their Xbox turns off randomly. Or maybe they lose connection to the game. Don’t just assume people quit just to quit.

> 2533275001522797;8:
> Maybe they are like me and their Xbox turns off randomly. Or maybe they lose connection to the game. Don’t just assume people quit just to quit.

When multiple people promptly lose connection / their xbox turns off / game crashes just as the first boss of Warzone goes down, the first flag is captured, or the moment the enemy triple caps in Warzone or takes all Territories I’m less inclined to believe it was accidental.

I can understand that sometimes trhings happen. It happens to all of us. But there’s something suspicious about a person or two (or heck, three) quitting the very second that the enemy team gains the advantage or capture an objective first. Particularly when they do it multiple times.

Like the OP said, when the enemy takes the garage first or four/five people are at your initial armory before it’s even capped, my first impression is an intentional quitting because the game started going south or they figured they’re up against a team that knows what they’re doing.

I can understand if something important pops up but having the same person constantly quiting is annoying to everyone else. Nothing can be done about this though to make it fair for everyone though

> 2533275001522797;8:
> Maybe they are like me and their Xbox turns off randomly. Or maybe they lose connection to the game. Don’t just assume people quit just to quit.

They drop at very key points in the game…every time there is a TSN turning point lets say :rofl:

the worst thing was yesterday while me and my team was winning but the electric current turned off, -60 csr

In any multiplayer game you’ll always see quitters.

> 2533275001522797;8:

Right but it should be happening less than 1% of the time for each player. Not sure why it’s not advertised. If your notorious for it, it should ding your stats.

> 2533274793670580;1:
> I have been grinding away in Warzone, trying to get better and rank up. My biggest issues are the quitters. We will start a game and literally if we don’t cap the middle base or our Armory gets attacked early you will see 1-4 people quit right away, making it near impossible to turn the tide of the game back. Then as the game goes on I see even more quitters to the point where we have 5-7 Spartans left against a full team. Its ridiculous, there needs to be a penalty for quitters. If they would just stick in the game and tough it out, we would have a way better chance at brining the game back and they can get their xp/rp. Im so sick of quitters, I always tuff it out and stay the whole game even if im way negative or gonna lose, I want the xp/rp.
>
> Anyways just my thoughts/frustration with Halo 5 Warzone at the moment.
>
> Thank you!

With the new playlists, multiplayer games become unbalanced and frustrating to finish because 30 sends into the match, half the players have quit

I use to play with a guy in another game that had to quit out matches a lot. He had a newborn baby at the time and got in rounds of gaming when he could. If the baby needs attention and his wife has him on baby duty he would instantly quit out. I can understand the need to quit out of games.

> 2533274850869596;9:
> > 2533275001522797;8:
> > Maybe they are like me and their Xbox turns off randomly. Or maybe they lose connection to the game. Don’t just assume people quit just to quit.
>
> When multiple people promptly lose connection / their xbox turns off / game crashes just as the first boss of Warzone goes down, the first flag is captured, or the moment the enemy triple caps in Warzone or takes all Territories I’m less inclined to believe it was accidental.
>
> I can understand that sometimes trhings happen. It happens to all of us. But there’s something suspicious about a person or two (or heck, three) quitting the very second that the enemy team gains the advantage or capture an objective first. Particularly when they do it multiple times.
>
> Like the OP said, when the enemy takes the garage first or four/five people are at your initial armory before it’s even capped, my first impression is an intentional quitting because the game started going south or they figured they’re up against a team that knows what they’re doing.

So, you’ve never been in a match where 3-4 people lose connection simultaneously?

> 2533275001522797;17:
> > 2533274850869596;9:
> > > 2533275001522797;8:
> > > Maybe they are like me and their Xbox turns off randomly. Or maybe they lose connection to the game. Don’t just assume people quit just to quit.
> >
> > When multiple people promptly lose connection / their xbox turns off / game crashes just as the first boss of Warzone goes down, the first flag is captured, or the moment the enemy triple caps in Warzone or takes all Territories I’m less inclined to believe it was accidental.
> >
> > I can understand that sometimes trhings happen. It happens to all of us. But there’s something suspicious about a person or two (or heck, three) quitting the very second that the enemy team gains the advantage or capture an objective first. Particularly when they do it multiple times.
> >
> > Like the OP said, when the enemy takes the garage first or four/five people are at your initial armory before it’s even capped, my first impression is an intentional quitting because the game started going south or they figured they’re up against a team that knows what they’re doing.
>
> So, you’ve never been in a match where 3-4 people lose connection simultaneously?

It’s hard to tell if they lost connection or just quit or whatever else, but you gotta look at the timing. People start dropping once a boss goes down or a flag gets captured, that’s awfully convenient timing for your xbox to lose connection to the server.

Yes, I’ve been in lobbies where 3 or more people quit almost right after the other, and it’s usually in Warzone when one team captures all three bases - the sooner they’re triple capped, the more likely there’s going to be a massive drop in players. A while ago I was playing on Noctus and within three minutes we had the bases locked down. A minute later five people had quit.

Well good to know there is a penalty, thanks for the input everyone. I get it can be frustrating and it might be easy to give up, but I wish players would just tuff it out, Ive had some amazing comebacks which makes it totally worth staying. Also trying to get to 152 but I Might be giving up on that as Im only a third through 149 and will need to play a tonne before Infinite comes out.

> 2533274793670580;19:
> Well good to know there is a penalty, thanks for the input everyone. I get it can be frustrating and it might be easy to give up, but I wish players would just tuff it out, Ive had some amazing comebacks which makes it totally worth staying. Also trying to get to 152 but I Might be giving up on that as Im only a third through 149 and will need to play a tonne before Infinite comes out.

Well you have a full year to reach it, but it’ll take a lot of dedicated playing and EXP boosts. Try lists like Fiesta Party, Infection, and Heroic Firefight. It took me a few months to go from 151 to 152 personally.