Quit bans are stupid

Halo 2 capture the flag on spire and the entire enemy team just instakills us when we spawn, not even playing objective. Banned for 10 minutes for leaving.
What a joke!

Yup, really hate it when that happens, I usually just put controller down and make a cup of tea rather than quit out, saves the ban hassle.
I don’t have a problem if it’s a normal match, even if half team has left, I still play as it’s those random moments of satisfaction when you take someone out lol, but spawn killing is just pointless

This is why I wish 343i had changed their viewpoints on spawn killing but sadly they think it’s a ‘design choice’ despite how unfair and frustrating it is and is actually bad games design. As for quitting I would hate to have to quit but sadly that’s what we have to do since 343i have no interest in dealing with these type of players.

Yeah. I have to admit that I really don’t like the quit bans either. Like, I really hate having to quit on my teammates but I don’t want to be spawn-camped the whole match either.

I’d much prefer to just be able to quit if the other team isn’t playing fairly, without being insta banned for 5 mins or whatever.

I get where you guys are coming from and couldn’t agree more. However with Halo being a game with no join in progress, without a quit ban system players would just abuse the hell out of quitting. Quitting would become super rampant. Then the rest of the team is stuck down 1 man for the rest of the game.

Whenever my game crashes (it happens all the time) I get banned for “leaving a match”.

Just got one for host migration it happens way too often if there’s a host change i get banned and it isn’t fair its hard enough for me to get online with sufficient bandwidth as I house share with ceap Internet so stuff like this really puts me off MCC. Only game I have issues with.
People running head first into nades or line of rocket fire and reporting people for betrayal is annoying 2. I thought it was just me, stopped picking up the spnkr because of it but my mates say its a common issue.

VonMandibles same here that and host migration is the bulk cause of my bans.

You shouldn’t get a ban for quitting once, no matter how short the ban is. Only time I’ve ever quit in MCC was during a horrible match of Grifball in Reach when the opposing team refused to score a goal and messed around, spawn killing us hundreds of times. It was pretty unjust getting a ban for that, even if it was just for a few minutes. It should be a 2 or 3 strikes rule per every hour or 2. They need to look at what kind of behaviour causes people quit instead of indiscriminately hitting everyone with a ban hammer in a desperate and clumsy attempt to prevent quitting. If someone is going to quit for “selfish” reasons, they’re going to quit. It also encourages behaviour like afking or trolling for the entire match they don’t even want to be in. Temporary quit bans on the first quit punish people who quit for legitimate reasons.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, social matchmaking should not have any quit ban. Save the sweaty stuff for ranked.

I don’t even play Social games anymore. There’s just no point to now that I have CGB for Halo CE and 3. But yeah, Social Games is just Competitive games in disguise- Strike that, Social Games is the more competitive version of Competitive games.

Bans should not carry over from PvP to PvE and vice versa, Bans should not apply to CGB and Customs if they weren’t the result of being repeatedly kicked by the custom game hosts.

the fact they do is a problem, and either 343 needs to seriously rework the ban system, or outright nerf it.

> 2533274826435068;8:
> You shouldn’t get a ban for quitting once, no matter how short the ban is. Only time I’ve ever quit in MCC was during a horrible match of Grifball in Reach when the opposing team refused to score a goal and messed around, spawn killing us hundreds of times. It was pretty unjust getting a ban for that, even if it was just for a few minutes. It should be a 2 or 3 strikes rule per every hour or 2. They need to look at what kind of behaviour causes people quit instead of indiscriminately hitting everyone with a ban hammer in a desperate and clumsy attempt to prevent quitting. If someone is going to quit for “selfish” reasons, they’re going to quit. It also encourages behaviour like afking or trolling for the entire match they don’t even want to be in. Temporary quit bans on the first quit punish people who quit for legitimate reasons.

Fantastic post.

Yeah my game just crashed last night with a Fatal Error and when I logged back in I was banned lol. I mean when people quit excessively I can understand that but I got banned after 1 single game crash which was dumb. Thankfully it was only 5 minutes but still.

> 2533274809803837;5:
> I get where you guys are coming from and couldn’t agree more. However with Halo being a game with no join in progress, without a quit ban system players would just abuse the hell out of quitting. Quitting would become super rampant. Then the rest of the team is stuck down 1 man for the rest of the game.

Quitting is pretty common even with quit-bans so they’re not even much of a deterrent. That being said, 343 might as well get rid of them since all quit-bans do is encourage those who don’t want to “suffer” from it to either go AFK or be a -Yoink- the whole game & that’s pretty much the same as being in a 4v3 or 8v7 since you have someone on your team who’s not actually playing towards the team’s goal of gettin’ that W. And honestly, that’s more of a detriment because now the enemy team has another body to shoot with next to 0 chance of being shot back at. It’s even worse when you’re playing Team Slayer.

Quit bans are fine. If anything 343i should continue enforcing rules like dealing with afk/quitting players. As for spawn killing that’s more down to 343i’s fault since they refuse to do anything about the spawn killing. It is hard for the game to tell difference between crash and quitting so it’s hard to find a perfect solution for that. As for Spire that map is down to bad games design and I’m still baffled why 343i refuses to fix these issues that can make modes like Invasion unplayable once players found ways to exploit the design flaws.

These quit bans just for social are so ridiculous. Esp when the game is just nonstop sweaties every game you jump into. The ban does nothing to help curb quits.

I think the quit ban rules should be tweaked for 8v8 or 6v6. It’s kind of silly to have to stay in a 5v8 or a 4v6 without taking a quit ban. For those variants I think that if a third of your team quits you should be entitled to a free quit.

As for 4v4 etc. I understand frustrations but there has to be some level of accountability for leaving matches. Since the rules have changed the only quit bans I have received are from my game crashing. I have only quit out of 2v4s otherwise without a penalty.

quit bans is why i can’t be bothered with playing mp. you shouldn’t be punished for leaving if the other players suck.

Great posts everyone, just now getting back to the forum and couldnt agree more with all of you. Its such an absurd choice only made worse with bad spawns, other teammates quitting, skill based matchmaking etc. A quit here and there shouldnt be a temporary ban.

This reminds of a game where I match a full stack in social. The tour 1 on my team quit after going 0-10 and obviously got banned. Check his profile after the game and hes playing NHL. What a way to welcome someone to your game and encourage them to try again.