Quit Ban: Not Really the Issue

So you quit so many games, you get locked out of MM. Well that’s all fine and dandy but what if it isn’t your fault? What if it’s the game developer’s fault? I only quit when one of three things happens:

1. Lag because of terrible servers.

2. My Wingman in Invasion quits.

3. Betraying teammates that I don’t get to kick (Read: Infection).

These three issues have been present since release date and nothing has been done about it. One of today’s challenges is to get a killing frenzy and these issues are a huge problem. There is no greater buzz kill than killing 9 enemies and being betrayed by your “teammate”. Laggy games make for impossible kills and having your wingman quit is unrelated but still a pain in the butt. Why can’t you be re-assigned if there is an even number of teammates left? It is the simplest solution to the problem. Yet we have to put up with this stuff while the actual offenders are guilt-free. Also, AFKers don’t get banned and they are the worst. Please fix these problems so people who want to play the game as it was intended aren’t punished for what other people do.

It’s only for a few minutes. It’s not like you get banned for a day or anything.

> It’s only for a few minutes. It’s not like you get banned for a day or anything.

I know, it just seems unfair that those who are guilty aren’t punished in any way.

Quit ban is stupid so is the auto mute ban.

Both need to be removed.

> So you quit so many games, you get locked out of MM. Well that’s all fine and dandy but what if it isn’t your fault? What if it’s the game developer’s fault? I only quit when one of three things happens:
>
> 1. Lag because of terrible servers.
>
> 2. My Wingman in Invasion quits.
>
> 3. Betraying teammates that I don’t get to kick (Read: Infection).
>
> These three issues have been present since release date and nothing has been done about it. One of today’s challenges is to get a killing frenzy and these issues are a huge problem. There is no greater buzz kill than killing 9 enemies and being betrayed by your “teammate”. Laggy games make for impossible kills and having your wingman quit is unrelated but still a pain in the butt. Why can’t you be re-assigned if there is an even number of teammates left? It is the simplest solution to the problem. Yet we have to put up with this stuff while the actual offenders are guilt-free. Also, AFKers don’t get banned and they are the worst. Please fix these problems so people who want to play the game as it was intended aren’t punished for what other people do.

1. Lag is caused by players connection.

2. You quit, effecting your team, therefore deserve the ban.

3. Don’t play Infection. Or just avoid those players on the map.

> So you quit so many games, you get locked out of MM. Well that’s all fine and dandy but what if it isn’t your fault? What if it’s the game developer’s fault? I only quit when one of three things happens:
>
> 1. Lag because of terrible servers.
>
> 2. My Wingman in Invasion quits.
>
> 3. Betraying teammates that I don’t get to kick (Read: Infection).
>
> These three issues have been present since release date and nothing has been done about it. One of today’s challenges is to get a killing frenzy and these issues are a huge problem. There is no greater buzz kill than killing 9 enemies and being betrayed by your “teammate”. Laggy games make for impossible kills and having your wingman quit is unrelated but still a pain in the butt. Why can’t you be re-assigned if there is an even number of teammates left? It is the simplest solution to the problem. Yet we have to put up with this stuff while the actual offenders are guilt-free. Also, AFKers don’t get banned and they are the worst. Please fix these problems so people who want to play the game as it was intended aren’t punished for what other people do.

Well if you think about it,who’s the one raging. Indeed i do hate AFC’s but i have never ever raged quit or left a game in Halo Intentionally.Even though the odds of the match is 90% lost you still must maintain hope.Believe.

oh boy, here we go again…

i’m not going to repeat myself but basically, you CHOOSE to quit for whatever reason and by doing so, you are also choosing to voluntarily be subjected to the quit ban. period.

i have no sympathy for people who flat out admit they quit and then whine about getting locked out of MM for 10 minutes. (although admittedly i agree just slightly more with your reasons 1 & 2 than some other reasons i’ve seen lately.) as for the third reason you listed, if it bothers you that much, don’t play Infection.

I try not to quit due to lag, as usually a host migration will take care of it. But it’s caused by a player’s connection, not by terrible servers :slight_smile:

I never quit out of Invasion when my wingman does. In fact, it gives me more of a reason to stay. With our team already down a player, it’s just that much more difficult to capture and defend objectives. And I like the slight increase in difficulty…

And I seem to be the only one that doesn’t get betrayed in Infection, but if it’s that big of a deal, then don’t play in that playlist! Or go to a new spot on the map (I actually sometimes end up with more kills too, simply because I went away from the group, thereby not having people kill someone before I do).

I have never really had an issue. I have quit a few games here and there for various reasons. Don’t you get a warning before the actual ban takes place?? If that is correct I would just pick games that you will most likely not quit out of until the warning has disappeared.

Also I think only #1 is really the only one out of the players hands. Again I understand the need to quit on occasion and I have done it but I would think you have to quit more than a few times to really run into an issue. I can only speak from my experience and that is what I have observed.

> Quit ban is stupid so is the auto mute ban.
>
> Both need to be removed.

No. Mute ban is great because that’s less people I have to mute before a game starts. If you can’t control yourself when you talk to others and the results are a mute ban then you probably deserved it.

And quit bans need to be much more severe. 10 minutes for your first penalty is acceptable but after that you clearly haven’t learned your lesson. Quitters are the bane of the entire MM experience.

Link1201: Yes, you will receive a message stating that you have quit too many games and if it continues you will receive a temporary ban.

> > Quit ban is stupid so is the auto mute ban.
> >
> > Both need to be removed.
>
> No. Mute ban is great because that’s less people I have to mute before a game starts. If you can’t control yourself when you talk to others and the results are a mute ban then you probably deserved it.
>
> And quit bans need to be much more severe. 10 minutes for your first penalty is acceptable but after that you clearly haven’t learned your lesson. Quitters are the bane of the entire MM experience.
>
> Link1201: Yes, <mark>you will receive a message</mark> stating that you have quit too many games <mark>and if it continues</mark> you will receive a temporary ban.

Ok, thanks. If this happens I see no issue.

I understand the reasoning for the quit ban, But the mute ban is pure stupidity is prevents people from ever communicating with the team and in MLG all I see is auto muted people everywhere, Why? Because most people in MLG have the other team auto muted regardless if they have a mic or not ( Its in the settings ).

If the odd person who trash talks ( Hardly come accross them since most people don’t use mics nowadays ) It’s a two click mute.