quick thought on quick play

I’ve been seeing a ton of players 140 rank and higher on quick play absolutely ridiculing newer players very regularly. you know, dropping untouchables and invincible and -Yoink!- -Yoink!- on single digit rank players and I just want to say that’s pretty low and slimy and I actually want new players in the franchise, and I know there are still players that have been around awhile, even years, and in not giving a crap have some snide smart-a remark about getting good or whatever, but like I said, that’s low and slimy. If i were new to the franchise I would turn around and run as fast and far away as I could if that were my early experiences with this game. Just a thought, and the ones who don’t care and do it anyway without a thought, I hope you’re real proud of yourself…

I hope those people know that the Halo community is generally more welcoming than that, and those are bad initial experiences in Halo. Look at the Halo Wars 2 forums, and almost every time somebody mentions he is new to the game, you get a few people who say something like “Welcome to Halo Wars 2! We love getting new players.” I’ve been on Waypoint long enough to know that if a new Halo 5 player is asking for help, he’ll get plenty of tips and tricks, and some people even invite him into 1v1 Customs to help him improve. I don’t think I could say this about any other community.

When people are like this, I always remind myself that while I may not be as skilled as they are at the game, I am certainly more courteous, respectful, and a more decent human being. Those qualities are way more important, anyway.

> 2533274924080153;1:
> I’ve been seeing a ton of players 140 rank and higher on quick play absolutely ridiculing newer players very regularly. you know, dropping untouchables and invincible and -Yoink!- -Yoink!- on single digit rank players and I just want to say that’s pretty low and slimy and I actually want new players in the franchise, and I know there are still players that have been around awhile, even years, and in not giving a crap have some snide smart-a remark about getting good or whatever, but like I said, that’s low and slimy. If i were new to the franchise I would turn around and run as fast and far away as I could if that were my early experiences with this game. Just a thought, and the ones who don’t care and do it anyway without a thought, I hope you’re real proud of yourself…

By general observations throughout various games and communities, this is simply competetive gameplay what you talk about and to a lot of people who play seriously you are either competetive or you waste time, so they just treat the new comers seriously and show them how does the world look like around in that realm. But I do know in many games the pros will help a newcomer out at least a bit if the newcomer will ask for help, behaving in a civil manner. On the other hand, if a newcomer starts bashing everyone and accuse the pros of cheating, this is probably where it is going to end, unless the newcomer decides to become a troll. But some people, I guess, have better conditions to becoming trolls than others. Some just leave. Very few are able to transform the beating they get into motivation to actually get better and dedicate a lot to master the game. But ultimately, if the game has magneticism, it will keep the players coming, though every multiplayer lifespan is limited, people migrate to other games, only those who have invested a lot stay as kind of guardians of the game and the community. Mod-level reactivation movements typically fail to meet the inflated expectations, professional dev remasterings do the job at least for some time if the company can get access to the licence and it is worth a damn.

> 2535469324078285;3:
> > 2533274924080153;1:
> > I’ve been seeing a ton of players 140 rank and higher on quick play absolutely ridiculing newer players very regularly. you know, dropping untouchables and invincible and -Yoink!- -Yoink!- on single digit rank players and I just want to say that’s pretty low and slimy and I actually want new players in the franchise, and I know there are still players that have been around awhile, even years, and in not giving a crap have some snide smart-a remark about getting good or whatever, but like I said, that’s low and slimy. If i were new to the franchise I would turn around and run as fast and far away as I could if that were my early experiences with this game. Just a thought, and the ones who don’t care and do it anyway without a thought, I hope you’re real proud of yourself…
>
> By general observations throughout various games and communities, this is simply competetive gameplay what you talk about and to a lot of people who play seriously you are either competetive or you waste time, so they just treat the new comers seriously and show them how does the world look like around in that realm. But I do know in many games the pros will help a newcomer out at least a bit if the newcomer will ask for help, behaving in a civil manner. On the other hand, if a newcomer starts bashing everyone and accuse the pros of cheating, this is probably where it is going to end, unless the newcomer decides to become a troll. But some people, I guess, have better conditions to becoming trolls than others. Some just leave. Very few are able to transform the beating they get into motivation to actually get better and dedicate a lot to master the game. But ultimately, if the game has magneticism, it will keep the players coming, though every multiplayer lifespan is limited, people migrate to other games, only those who have invested a lot stay as kind of guardians of the game and the community. Mod-level reactivation movements typically fail to meet the inflated expectations, professional dev remasterings do the job at least for some time if the company can get access to the licence and it is worth a damn.

Right. I agree with everything you just said, especially about competitiveness… I love the heightened energy in matches with high quality players, knowing any slight error will be taken advantage of by opponents, as well as the responsibility and accountability you hold yourself and your team too. and for me, that is what is gold and most gratifying in the genre, the halo franchise in particular, and in the high octane competitive play against high quality teams where you are playing to win, doing what you can to execute your objectives, while preventing your opponent from doing the same

I guess I’m getting at there is a difference between competing and humiliating/demeaning inferiors legitimately new to the franchise, not smurfs and it rubs me wrong.
i hope they add a basic training playlist in the next installment, IMO thats the best place for newcomers to be I remember how much is helped me get a feel for gameplay and holding the ropes to halo 2 in particular but halo 3 as well. I care about the franchise and think the newcomer having positive experiences early on is only a good thing and there ARE tons of ways the game can support the newcomer, casual, sweaty, elite, and professional population.
thank you

honestly new people are going to get destroyed when they first match up against players that have been playing. teabagging shouldn’t get to people idk why people get so upset about it.

> 2535460550943257;2:
> I hope those people know that the Halo community is generally more welcoming than that, and those are bad initial experiences in Halo. Look at the Halo Wars 2 forums, and almost every time somebody mentions he is new to the game, you get a few people who say something like “Welcome to Halo Wars 2! We love getting new players.” I’ve been on Waypoint long enough to know that if a new Halo 5 player is asking for help, he’ll get plenty of tips and tricks, and some people even invite him into 1v1 Customs to help him improve. I don’t think I could say this about any other community.
>
> When people are like this, I always remind myself that while I may not be as skilled as they are at the game, I am certainly more courteous, respectful, and a more decent human being. Those qualities are way more important, anyway.

exactly, and I agree that isnt repreentitive of the community for the most part, and If you are new at something and come into it with bad experiences, and not enjoying or having fun with it at all, why would you keep coming back to it you know?

> 2535458298006257;5:
> honestly new people are going to get destroyed when they first match up against players that have been playing. teabagging shouldn’t get to people idk why people get so upset about it.

Outplaying a new player isn’t anything to be proud of and bragging about it in the form of bagging doesn’t make them look cool. All it does is make them look like a Dbag.

> 2535458298006257;5:
> honestly new people are going to get destroyed when they first match up against players that have been playing. teabagging shouldn’t get to people idk why people get so upset about it.

I’m not explicitly about teabagging dude. Im saying when people come fresh in and are stuck against people they shouldn’t be matched with at their point in the game, on top of getting a massive beat down, the other players going out of their way to rub in their face to humiliate them. Halo has always had a steep learning curve to begin with and heck, i dont know man it just really comes off wrong to me

I agree with a lot that has been said on this thread. That’s why I think the best introduction to Halo is couch co-op. You get to learn the mechanics of the game, play against opponents as easy or as difficult as you want them to be, and have someone to lead you through the gameplay and levels if you get stuck. Once you have become invested in Halo and its story then multiplayer becomes easy to get into because it becomes an extension of the universe you like.

That’s why I think Microsoft pushing 343i to abandon couch co-op was such a huuuuge mistake and I’m glad couch co-op is coming back.

I think players should just get used to the idea of tea-bagging though. It’s relatively harmless and has sort of become a part of fps multiplayer culture.

> 2535415966174493;9:
> I agree with a lot that has been said on this thread. That’s why I think the best introduction to Halo is couch co-op. You get to learn the mechanics of the game, play against opponents as easy or as difficult as you want them to be, and have someone to lead you through the gameplay and levels if you get stuck. Once you have become invested in Halo and its story then multiplayer becomes easy to get into because it becomes an extension of the universe you like.
>
> That’s why I think Microsoft pushing 343i to abandon couch co-op was such a huuuuge mistake and I’m glad couch co-op is coming back.
>
> I think players should just get used to the idea of tea-bagging though. It’s relatively harmless and has sort of become a part of fps multiplayer culture.

Yes, removing split screen gameplay was a big time mistake. They know it and are saying it will be reinstated and included in the franchise from now on. Their claimed reasoning as to why they removed it from 5 is pretty toxic and insulting to fans new and old intelligence though. How fun would ripping through a warzone match with a buddy on a gausshog sitting right next to you?

> 2533274924080153;6:
> > 2535460550943257;2:
> > I hope those people know that the Halo community is generally more welcoming than that, and those are bad initial experiences in Halo. Look at the Halo Wars 2 forums, and almost every time somebody mentions he is new to the game, you get a few people who say something like “Welcome to Halo Wars 2! We love getting new players.” I’ve been on Waypoint long enough to know that if a new Halo 5 player is asking for help, he’ll get plenty of tips and tricks, and some people even invite him into 1v1 Customs to help him improve. I don’t think I could say this about any other community.
> >
> > When people are like this, I always remind myself that while I may not be as skilled as they are at the game, I am certainly more courteous, respectful, and a more decent human being. Those qualities are way more important, anyway.
>
> exactly, and I agree that isnt repreentitive of the community for the most part, and If you are new at something and come into it with bad experiences, and not enjoying or having fun with it at all, why would you keep coming back to it you know?

Halo 5 MP is certainly not the best introduction to the franchise. I started my multiplayer experience with couch co-op on Halo 4 with three other newcomers to the game. We didn’t know what we were doing, so we would play in Forge with Assault Rifles and Sniper Rifles on whatever BTB map until we got bored and chose a different one.

Halo 5 online play is just too intense, and the learning curve is the longest in the series, IMO.

@xX GRIZZ WG Xx, I tried Halo5Forge and I dropped it among else due to being completely lost with what works how and when best used, employing things randomly or just by general knowledge of FPS genre, but it covered only such basics as pistols, rocket launcher and sniper rifle, with some weapons being too specific or quirky to go by pattern. I am definitely for a training room explaining at least what weapon does what and how to use it efficiently, perhaps couple of stages against bots with gradually better AI.

When it comes to Halo5 splitscreen on XBOX, maybe they abandoned it simply due to performance reasons, since splitscreen forces the XBOX to do guessingly about 150% the graphical computing job it consumes when one player messes around?

> 2533274924080153;1:
> I’ve been seeing a ton of players 140 rank and higher on quick play absolutely ridiculing newer players very regularly. you know, dropping untouchables and invincible and -Yoink!- -Yoink!- on single digit rank players and I just want to say that’s pretty low and slimy and I actually want new players in the franchise, and I know there are still players that have been around awhile, even years, and in not giving a crap have some snide smart-a remark about getting good or whatever, but like I said, that’s low and slimy. If i were new to the franchise I would turn around and run as fast and far away as I could if that were my early experiences with this game. Just a thought, and the ones who don’t care and do it anyway without a thought, I hope you’re real proud of yourself…

I actually made a post about this and agree. I just hope that they don’t run

I’ve played quick play and there have been very few games where the opposing team has been stomped. There is no reason that high leveled players can’t play quick play, just like there is nothing stopping a first time player from playing ranked snipers. If I go to a new franchise, I expect to get destroyed until I learn the ropes. The first match I ever played in halo 2, I got paired up against a level 40. I don’t think I got a single kill. If 343 wants to make a playlist only for new players, they should make a team training playlist that locks you out after you progress past a certain point, like halo 3 had

> 2533274794684102;14:
> If I go to a new franchise, I expect to get destroyed until I learn the ropes.

Most of the multiplayer experiences I have had with FPS games is that either I am simply poor, mediocre at best, or in those very few cases when for some exceptional reason I am good, I felt multiplayer competetive gameplay - especially held between anonymous people without civil communication - is a situation out of which someone is going to leave feeling beaten, inferior and most importantly demotivated to upkeep vivid interest in the title. That is why I am against myself participating in the competetive online games. I just do not have the right attitude for it, but I do believe most people do neither. Very small minority of players are serious online gamers. Most of the people I met gaming palces stated they are actually more positive towards singleplayer experience and rarely participating online, but despite that, as a gaming collective, we strongly believe that any release without properly developed multiplayer option is a joke, which is like some kind of religion we have, an institution we firmly believe to be right just because statistically speaking it has enough backers, tied mainly to social custom instead of personal choice resulting from own reflection.

But I am a PC dude, maybe the gaming console world does look different, perhaps there is also a particular bussiness to develop and hype multiplayer, dragging people there.

> 2535469324078285;12:
> When it comes to Halo5 splitscreen on XBOX, maybe they abandoned it simply due to performance reasons, since splitscreen forces the XBOX to do guessingly about 150% the graphical computing job it consumes when one player messes around?

I still think that’s an extremely lame excuse to abandon something so important to Halo. Even if including it would have caused some performance issues, it would still be worth it. Agitha is right, couch co-op is much more important for getting new people into Halo than any quick play playlist could ever be.

> 2533274794684102;14:
> There is no reason that high leveled players can’t play quick play

But, why would they? Shouldn’t high-level players play normal slayer? What reason is there for them to go into quick play, other than to have an easier time getting kills? That’s just a -Yoink- move, if you ask me.

> 2535469324078285;12:
> @xX GRIZZ WG Xx, I tried Halo5Forge and I dropped it among else due to being completely lost with what works how and when best used, employing things randomly or just by general knowledge of FPS genre, but it covered only such basics as pistols, rocket launcher and sniper rifle, with some weapons being too specific or quirky to go by pattern. I am definitely for a training room explaining at least what weapon does what and how to use it efficiently, perhaps couple of stages against bots with gradually better AI.
>
> When it comes to Halo5 splitscreen on XBOX, maybe they abandoned it simply due to performance reasons, since splitscreen forces the XBOX to do guessingly about 150% the graphical computing job it consumes when one player messes around?

They abandoned it because they wanted to force you to buy two consoles…

> 2533274924080153;8:
> > 2535458298006257;5:
> > honestly new people are going to get destroyed when they first match up against players that have been playing. teabagging shouldn’t get to people idk why people get so upset about it.
>
> I’m not explicitly about teabagging dude. Im saying when people come fresh in and are stuck against people they shouldn’t be matched with at their point in the game, on top of getting a massive beat down, the other players going out of their way to rub in their face to humiliate them. Halo has always had a steep learning curve to begin with and heck, i dont know man it just really comes off wrong to me

if people wanna match closer to their skill level they should stay out of social. Playing ranked is what is gonna put you in the best scenario to learn the game and improve. The social slayers and 4v4 modes in halo 5 have always suffered from sweaty players going into matches hoping to get put with new players or players that aren’t as skilled. That’s why the 2 man fireteam was implemented, it still hasn’t fixed it though. My point is people should just think more objectively about the game than personal. If they did they would get better faster. I am not great at this game by any stretch but getting upset about getting owned or beaten isn’t going to help. I get matched with pros sometimes in FFA, not sure why as I am no where near their level of play, but i notice that after matching against superior player my play improves drastically in just a single game. The only way to get good is to play those players that are more skilled.

Edit: Disregard

> 2533274904158628;16:
> > 2535469324078285;12:
> > When it comes to Halo5 splitscreen on XBOX, maybe they abandoned it simply due to performance reasons, since splitscreen forces the XBOX to do guessingly about 150% the graphical computing job it consumes when one player messes around?
>
> I still think that’s an extremely lame excuse to abandon something so important to Halo. Even if including it would have caused some performance issues, it would still be worth it. Agitha is right, couch co-op is much more important for getting new people into Halo than any quick play playlist could ever be.
>
>
> > 2533274794684102;14:
> > There is no reason that high leveled players can’t play quick play
>
> But, why would they? Shouldn’t high-level players play normal slayer? What reason is there for them to go into quick play, other than to have an easier time getting kills? That’s just a -Yoink- move, if you ask me.

Just because someone is a high level, doesn’t mean they want to play sweaty try hards all the time. Quick play is social slayer. There is nothing designating it as a low level only playlist. Sometimes people just want to kick back and drink while they play. There have been plenty of times that lower levels have beaten me. Levels mean very little in this halo because they are only based on the time spent playing, not actual skill