Quick review

Everything’s good so far… The campaign story wasn’t GREAT but it didn’t let me down either. Overall the multiplayer is pretty good and darn right addicting in Warzone and Arena.

… Breakout is [redacted]…

UPDATE: Sigh… After a long night of trying out Breakout for the first time, it’s… (I’m reluctant to admit this)… it’s not thaaat bad guys… I’m not jumping ship, I still like all the other playlists better but at least it provides a big change of pace to the normal Halo gameplay. I’m still not gonna play this playlist once I finally finish those commendations but at least it won’t be as dreadful as I once thought to grind them out… Well, most of them won’t be, that Unstoppable Commendation is just stupid.

I just wish 343i would drop it from Team Arena… And I still think the Unstoppable Commendation is waaaay too long and shouldn’t encourage people to camp and put the pressure on their teammates so they can get a round without deaths for this commendation… 343i should’ve made this particular commendation something else; like Extinction medals or perhaps Blind Sides… Thoughts??

I literally just made this account to tell you to stop. If you don’t like it, don’t play it. Personally, me and two buddies just played it for 6 hours straight. It’s one of the few game types that has my heart beating like it did when I was young playing halo 2. Like, I don’t understand this post at all. How can you complain about a playlist that no one is forcing you to play?

Update: still flabbergasted by the stupidity

It’s all opinion based, he sucks at breakout so he doesn’t like it, no need to call his opinion stupid, but dude, breakout is great (IMO) but, it’s good to know your opinion on it :smiley: So it better not be put down like a sick dog. GIT GUD

>343i finally makes an original gametype that’s intense and generally pretty fun
>OP wants it gone from MM entirely

lol

git gud scrub

I don’t understand how you can’t enjoy Breakout! My only complaint is with 4 maps in the rotation, you seem to end up always playing the same one, which will hopefully be fixed soon.

Glad you enjoy the rest of the game.

Typical Halo fanboys above. He compliments nearly the entire game except one mode and you get all pissy and elitist about it. Accept the fact that your precious Halo game might not be perfect, in fact it is far from it. It lacks content, the presentation is barren and the modes are limited as hell. The lobby system is also terrible with no information and the REQ system is boring, On top of this, we did not get some awesome modes and instead got Breakout, which is just a really boring version of Capture the Flag. It has its moments of intensity but most of the time I just get bored because there is almost nothing to it.

This game is good, but so far I am a bit disappointed. I expected a bit more out of Halo to be honest.

Breakout is probably the best mode in the game kiddo

breakout is plenty of fun, if you don’t like it stick to a different playlist.

I agree with you dude, breakout is by far the worst game mode. And you can’t not play it, it’s in team arena so unless you only want to play Slayer you have to risk playing breakout.

I think it’s a tad long, best 2 out of 3, not 5 out of 9… so long sometimes, yeash.

Fireteam Trials of Osirus!

I hope it gets scrapped from the current playlist and give it an playlist on its own.
Because i personally dont like it. But really like playing ctf and strongholds

> 2533274870521033;10:
> I agree with you dude, breakout is by far the worst game mode. And you can’t not play it, it’s in team arena so unless you only want to play Slayer you have to risk playing breakout.

Yeah, I wouldn’t be as fired up about it if it wasn’t forced on me all the time Team Arena. And I know I’m not alone in this- I see people quit out of Breakout ALL THE TIME in Team Arena; especially when I’m searching with randoms… In fact, at least someone drops before the game even starts nearly everytime which doesn’t happen in any other Gametypes in Team Arena.

Well, I’m surprised this thread as gone on as long as it has to be honest- I only meant to post a quick review which was based on my initial impressions of the game. But I’m can’t say I’m surprised by all the rage from people from the opposing viewpoint on this. The first kid really even bumped his own flaming post to get more confirmation from other people on this tho- that’s try-hard status right there…

As far as the people saying stuff like, “Git Gud,” I’d encourage you to at least look at my profile first… I’m an Onyx in multiple playlists and have a good K/D in every Halo game so I’m not at all a noob at this and a simple quick view of my profile would tell you that kids… I’m a Halo veteran that genuinely despises this new Breakout mode that is like a trashy version of Gun-game from Call of Duty that meets Mega Man in a retro melt down of a game type. I just wish 343i didn’t make us play it so much by putting it into Team Arena and adding all the commendations for it; including the one for not dying for an ENTIRE MATCH (Wtf?)

Like I said in my review- I do like Halo 5, but would’ve loved it if 343i didn’t make Breakout. I have logged a lot of hours since posting this thread; mostly in Warzone- which is a fun and incredibly addictive playlist. I just wrapped up all my Enemy and Weapon Commendations, and am closing in on Vehicles. But those Breakout commendations though… :-/

> 2533274806504373;8:
> Breakout is probably the best mode in the game kiddo

This. Breakout is one of the few great things about halo 5. Just because you’re bad at it doesn’t mean it should go away.

> 2533274807395907;14:
> > 2533274806504373;8:
> > Breakout is probably the best mode in the game kiddo
>
>
> This. Breakout is one of the few great things about halo 5. Just because you’re bad at it doesn’t mean the playlist should go away.

Okay maybe I was raging a little bit when I posted the thread a while back… However I still would just like to see Breakout get taken out of Team Arena and stay in its own playlist. And I’m always going to be ticked off about that commendation where you have to survive and entire match of Breakout like 30+ times. I’ve gotten most of the Commendations in Halo 5 but that one is just crazy that it even exists.

> 2625759425619671;15:
> > 2533274807395907;14:
> > > 2533274806504373;8:
> > > Breakout is probably the best mode in the game kiddo
> >
> >
> > This. Breakout is one of the few great things about halo 5. Just because you’re bad at it doesn’t mean the playlist should go away.
>
>
> Okay maybe I was raging a little bit when I posted the thread a while back… However I still would just like to see Breakout get taken out of Team Arena and stay in its own playlist. And I’m always going to be ticked off about that commendation where you have to survive and entire match of Breakout like 30+ times. I’ve gotten most of the Commendations in Halo 5 but that one is just crazy that it even exists.

I agree about it not belonging in team arena. I would prefer the traditional team slayer playlist and a team objective playlist with things like ctf/oddball/assault/strongholds and breakout with it’s own playlist.

> 2625759425619671;15:
> > 2533274807395907;14:
> >
>
>
> Okay maybe I was raging a little bit when I posted the thread a while back… However I still would just like to see Breakout get taken out of Team Arena and stay in its own playlist. And I’m always going to be ticked off about that commendation where you have to survive and entire match of Breakout like 30+ times. I’ve gotten most of the Commendations in Halo 5 but that one is just crazy that it even exists.

Previous Halos took FOREVER to master things, H5 is a absolute joke when it comes to commendations so I’m glad they actually have one that takes time.

> 2533274807395907;16:
> > 2625759425619671;15:
> > > 2533274807395907;14:
> > > > 2533274806504373;8:
> > > > Breakout is probably the best mode in the game kiddo
> > >
> > >
> > > This. Breakout is one of the few great things about halo 5. Just because you’re bad at it doesn’t mean the playlist should go away.
> >
> >
> > Okay maybe I was raging a little bit when I posted the thread a while back… However I still would just like to see Breakout get taken out of Team Arena and stay in its own playlist. And I’m always going to be ticked off about that commendation where you have to survive and entire match of Breakout like 30+ times. I’ve gotten most of the Commendations in Halo 5 but that one is just crazy that it even exists.
>
>
> I agree about it not belonging in team arena. I would prefer the traditional team slayer playlist and a team objective playlist with things like ctf/oddball/assault/strongholds and breakout with it’s own playlist.

Me too… I was gonna say I’d also like to see Slayer taken out of Team Arena but held back on this because I felt it wasn’t relevant to our discussion at the time. Honestly having Slayer mixed in with Objective playlists is redundant and throws off the mood and momentum. So I agree with you 100% - Have one playlist for CTF/oddball/strongholds Objective Gametypes, keep Slayer separate, and put Breakout somewhere in the corner by itself (#stillsalty but wouldn’t be as salty if Breakout was by itself).

Breakout is fun and a nice change of pace and variety for the game. I disagree with you 100% op, however I do agree that it should be removed from Team Arena so people like you can stop complaining about something you don’t have to play, your “review” gave pretty much zero feedback about the game and was completely pointless post. Bad topic that nobody agrees with and you should feel bad.

> 2604983891615163;17:
> > 2625759425619671;15:
> > > 2533274807395907;14:
> > >
> >
> >
> > Okay maybe I was raging a little bit when I posted the thread a while back… However I still would just like to see Breakout get taken out of Team Arena and stay in its own playlist. And I’m always going to be ticked off about that commendation where you have to survive and entire match of Breakout like 30+ times. I’ve gotten most of the Commendations in Halo 5 but that one is just crazy that it even exists.
>
>
> Previous Halos took FOREVER to master things, H5 is a absolute joke when it comes to commendations so I’m glad they actually have one that takes time.

Okay, maybe some of the Commendations are fast (I.E. Weapons and many vehicles), but have you tried to go for Wardens yet?? I see you finished your first Tier of Wardens so coming from someone who just finished that commendation let me tell you something… You’re in for a long, loooong haul for that one of you ever want to finish it. Many of the Enemies take a long time, as do most Arena commendations. In my opinion, it’s a pretty fair trade off between longer and shorter commendations; although I agree that Halo 5’s commendations are nothing like the grind of Reach’s. That said, there’s still no need for the Breakout, “No dying in an entire match,” commendation -Yoink- they added into Halo 5. This is not something that naturally happens in the course of the game and changes how you play the entire game of you want this commendation… And it’s not very skillful to hide for an entire game of Breakout just to keep from dying once either. Just a bogus waste of space in Halo 5’s commendations man…