Quick Question

Wll you be able to install Halo Infinite on “ANY” Drive? I don’t want to install the progie on my C-Drive!

Steam lets you pick the install directory of its games. I don’t see why Infinite would be any different.

If you are playing via gamepass on the Microsoft store, you can move the game after it installs if it goes to your C drive.

I believe there is also an option to set a default installation drive, but you will probably want to do some google searches to confirm that.

> 2535409080107840;1:
> Wll you be able to install Halo Infinite on “ANY” Drive? I don’t want to install the progie on my C-Drive!

You can run any application from any physical or partitioned drive if you install it there.

> 2806037446402987;3:
> If you are playing via gamepass on the Microsoft store, you can move the game after it installs if it goes to your C drive.
>
> I believe there is also an option to set a default installation drive, but you will probably want to do some google searches to confirm that.

I have steam. So I hope I can install Halo Infinite on my D-Drive!
Thanks

You should have able to install on any drive.

> 2533274792065063;6:
> You should have able to install on any drive.

I hope so :slight_smile:

Thanks guys!

Only 2 more days till we get Season 7 and the very very long awaited Custom Game Browser! Server will be up! … bought time lol

You should be able to do that.

I personally only own Halo MCC through Steam (and will purchase my PC version of Infinite from Steam as well.)

But to change the install directory of the Windows Store version I believe you open up the Xbox App on your PC (Not Console Companion) > click your Icon > Settings > General > Change where this app installs games by default.

There is also an option to ask for install options on every install which I would recommend.

> 2533274815711361;9:
> I personally only own Halo MCC through Steam (and will purchase my PC version of Infinite from Steam as well.)
>
> But to change the install directory of the Windows Store version I believe you open up the Xbox App on your PC (Not Console Companion) > click your Icon > Settings > General > Change where this app installs games by default.
>
> There is also an option to ask for install options on every install which I would recommend.

I do have the Steam version for Halo MCC PC not the Microsoft Version. So your saying I will be able to install Halo Infinite Steam Version on any drive I choose Correct?

> 2535409080107840;10:
> > 2533274815711361;9:
> > I personally only own Halo MCC through Steam (and will purchase my PC version of Infinite from Steam as well.)
> >
> > But to change the install directory of the Windows Store version I believe you open up the Xbox App on your PC (Not Console Companion) > click your Icon > Settings > General > Change where this app installs games by default.
> >
> > There is also an option to ask for install options on every install which I would recommend.
>
> I do have the Steam version for Halo MCC PC not the Microsoft Version. So your saying I will be able to install Halo Infinite Steam Version on any drive I choose Correct?

Its unlikely to be something 343 is going to come out and confirm, but given how steam installs games there’s no reason to believe it’d be limited to C drive. I’m pretty sure no AAA game on PC in over 15 years has been drive locked. It’d be extremely weird and honestly worrying if it had drive requirements.

I seem to recall Morrowind (2002 vers) being so, but its Steam version is flexible.

just go to your steam setting and create a directory problem solved I always have my games on SSD.

Definitely. Have you ever encountered a game/program that demands C drive?

> 2533274868747146;12:
> just go to your steam setting and create a directory problem solved I always have my games on SSD.

Thanks again guys! :slight_smile: