Quick Question...

So after a couple months, I’ll finally be joining you all on Halo 5: Guardians later today. Is there anything I should know prior to playing?

Note: I now own Halo 5: Guardians. Purchasing it a couple of days ago, it took me no time to learn the controls. Map mobility is great due to such a wide variety of ways to approach each scenario you will face and it’s fairly easy to learn what to do and what not to do just by playing multiple consecutive multiplayer matches. And while I’m awful at the game, I’ll improve soon enough. Overall thoughts on the game? Meh. Better than Halo 4, worse than any in the original trilogy. While a step in the right direction, within a day, I was already regretting handing over that $60. However, playing in a fireteam with friends proved that the game is worthy of being in my collection. Having that been said, though, there are still development choices that frustrate the hell out of me. In the hopes of preventing them from coming here, I’ll leave this section at this: The game’s a’ight.

Return the game if you enjoy Halo. This is an ok game but it’s not Halo.

BTW hope you like grinding. Each playlist has like 3 maybe 4 maps you’ll actually play.

> 2533274793248262;2:
> Return the game if you enjoy Halo. This is an ok game but it’s not Halo.

Your opinion and not fact, stop pushing people away with you blinded eyes. You’re too stuck in the past.

If you prefer previous Halo controls, lower your aim acceleration to 2 and lower your inner and outer deadzones to 8% or lower if you prefer. Many are taking inner deadzones to 0% or near it.

> 2533274832183516;4:
> > 2533274793248262;2:
> > Return the game if you enjoy Halo. This is an ok game but it’s not Halo.
>
>
> Your opinion and not fact, stop pushing people away with you blinded eyes. You’re too stuck in the past.

I didn’t say it was a bad game, just not true Halo. If you played 1,2 and 3 you’d know.

Ignore him he is being a party pooper.

They made a lot of changes. So I suggest playing the campaign first to get use to the new features. If you need help understanding anything feel free to message me. I hope you enjoy it!

> 2533274830344656;5:
> If you prefer previous Halo controls, lower your aim acceleration to 2 and lower your inner and outer deadzones to 8% or lower if you prefer. Many are taking inner deadzones to 0% or near it.

I still haven’t fiddled with this. I need to though.

> 2533274934443240;1:
> So after a couple months, I’ll finally be joining you all on Halo 5: Guardians later today. Is there anything I should know prior to playing?

Play by yourself for a while until you know the mechanics. Look up the maps on Youtube so you know where to go and where everything is located. If you just jump into it, you will get DESTROYED I promise. It takes time getting used to, but when you learn the game it becomes fun. Don’t hate it after loosing a lot.

> 2533274793248262;2:
> Return the game if you enjoy Halo. This is an ok game but it’s not Halo.

Step 1. Don’t listen to this guy.

Its a great Halo game, ignore anyone that says “it isn’t Halo.”

> 2690096563135647;10:
> > 2533274793248262;2:
> > Return the game if you enjoy Halo. This is an ok game but it’s not Halo.
>
>
> Step 1. Don’t listen to this guy.

Don’t listen to this guy. Anyway I gave my thoughts on it just like you are entitled to. So don’t tell someone not to listen to someone else because you disagree.

> 2533274875412897;11:
> Its a great Halo game, ignore anyone that says “it isn’t Halo.”

Anyone That says this never played 1 or 2.

> 2533274793248262;6:
> > 2533274832183516;4:
> > > 2533274793248262;2:
> > > Return the game if you enjoy Halo. This is an ok game but it’s not Halo.
> >
> >
> > Your opinion and not fact, stop pushing people away with you blinded eyes. You’re too stuck in the past.
>
>
> I didn’t say it was a bad game, just not true Halo. If you played 1,2 and 3 you’d know.

I did play 1-3 for the longest actually. I enjoyed all of them and even Halo 5. Sure its not like the previous installments but I think 343 are heading in the right direction. Also whenever you say a true Halo, again you are too stuck in the past because you find those the best and at its core.

> 2533274793248262;6:
> > 2533274832183516;4:
> > > 2533274793248262;2:
> > > Return the game if you enjoy Halo. This is an ok game but it’s not Halo.
> >
> >
> > Your opinion and not fact, stop pushing people away with you blinded eyes. You’re too stuck in the past.
>
>
> I didn’t say it was a bad game, just not true Halo. If you played 1,2 and 3 you’d know.

I played Halo CE right after it came out, and purchased every Halo sense then. I like Halo 5 a lot. It feels just like Halo 2 (with updated mechanics of course). It feels like what Halo 3 should have been (except the story. H5’s story sucked while H3’s was awesome).

I suggest jumping in either warzone or campaign to get use to the control and the new game mechanics. Fin the controller layout that fit you most.

@IFYMB is right, lower your Aim Acceleration to 2 for a better feel like previous Halo game and inner/outer deadzone should be on 0. This link will help you set your controller sensitivity and everything, it is very helpful and well describe.

You may need to adjust your sensitivity. I usually never did in the past Halos but use a 4 in this one. Look every Halo has brought good and bad changes and this one isn’t any different. I would say it’s a step in the right direction after Halo 4. I think it plays awesome. I love the max six player FFA plays a lot like the Lone wolves playlist of H3. War zone is fun in small doses very repetitive though. I stick mostly to FFA and BTB. They are slowing growing H5 with monthly up dates so more content is on its way. The campaign plays pretty good. Some of the best looking levels. The swords of Sanghelios is one of my favorite missions of all time now. But just a warning the campaign didn’t quite match the advertising but still told a good story if you truly know the Halo lore outside just playing the games. H5 is a good game and best thing with more content coming it will just get better IMO.

> 2533274793248262;13:
> > 2533274875412897;11:
> > Its a great Halo game, ignore anyone that says “it isn’t Halo.”
>
>
> Anyone That says this never played 1 or 2.

I still have the day one released copies of 1 & 2, and I love Halo 5. I am having more fun with it than H3+. It’s not as good as 2 though :slight_smile:
Halo 3 was way to slow. I liked it, but I always went back to Halo 2. Considering other games that came out with sprint and other features, Halo 3 felt like such a let down. For the first time sense Halo 2 I’m thoroughly enjoying a Halo game. Halo 5 feels like what Halo 3 should have been minus the story of course. Halo 3’s story was amazing. Halo 5 is definitely not perfect; but after the full game is released, it will be great.

> 2533274793248262;2:
> Return the game if you enjoy Halo. This is an ok game but it’s not Halo.

Why are you hanging around the Halo 5 forum if you’re so against it? If you don’t like the game then -Yoink- off, we don’t need you here trying to push away new players just cause you’re stuck in the past.

Btw OP if you’d like to add me online I would be happy to help you get acclimated to the game.

> 2533274886531207;19:
> > 2533274793248262;2:
> > Return the game if you enjoy Halo. This is an ok game but it’s not Halo.
>
>
> Why are you hanging around the Halo 5 forum if you’re so against it? If you don’t like the game then -Yoink- off, we don’t need you here trying to push away new players just cause you’re stuck in the past.
>
> Btw OP if you’d like to add me online I would be happy to help you get acclimated to the game.

He still plays it, has almost 200 hrs gameplay…

> 2533274872647908;16:
> I suggest jumping in either warzone or campaign to get use to the control and the new game mechanics.

Op this here, go into campaign first, learn the controls, then maybe try some Warzone or Arena varying on what you feel like, Warzone is more the Social playlist.