Quick Question for Everyone

Do you think if sprint and thrusters were taken out of Halo it would rise back up to once it what was? And why does sprint have to be in a game for in to “evolve”? Just would like to see people opinions about this.

What do you even mean when you say “rise back up to what it once was?” I personally do not care a damn what the population is - I think the current formula far surpasses anything the older games could do. And I don’t care what you do to modern Halo. Sprinkle it with fairy dust all you want. The kinds of populations we had in '04 and '07 are never coming back. Those days are over, and it doesn’t have anything to do with game play.

> 2533274873843883;2:
> What do you even mean when you say “rise back up to what it once was?” I personally do not care a damn what the population is - I think the current formula far surpasses anything the older games could do. And I don’t care what you do to modern Halo. Sprinkle it with fairy dust all you want. The kinds of populations we had in '04 and '07 are never coming back. Those days are over, and it doesn’t have anything to do with game play.

I agree.There just aren’t enough gamers. And there are just too many good games to play and tons of bad games that people still play. cough Blops

> 2533274873843883;2:
> What do you even mean when you say “rise back up to what it once was?” I personally do not care a damn what the population is - I think the current formula far surpasses anything the older games could do. And I don’t care what you do to modern Halo. Sprinkle it with fairy dust all you want. The kinds of populations we had in '04 and '07 are never coming back. Those days are over, and it doesn’t have anything to do with game play.

the population could certainly comeback, I know many people who don’t like how Halo 5 gameplay plays, that’s why they quit and they only reason why. Why take a formula that so many people enjoyed and change it up to get newer players from different games? That’s like having a good friend and all of a sudden then change who they are so they can impress someone else. Don’t change somthing that isn’t broken.

I like the new additions and have never minded sprint. I have been playing since CE and feel that if the same format was rolled out each time, it would get stale. The new moves provide an added level of technique for players to use. I enjoy Halo 5 and think they did a decent job of merging new ideas with old Halo.

There are way to many high quality FPS games on the market now for Halo to demand the population levels it once had. People have choices now instead of Halo being pretty much the only game to play.

No removing sprint and thrusters wouldn’t make much of a difference in the population imo. If they really wanted to increase the population the best things would probably be…add spilt screen, which can’t be done but to me really hindered and turned away quite a few gamers and add more playlist giving players more variety… if they did those two things that would increase the population… but Halo will never be the top game. It’s too tough and learning curve to high for the massively casual population now. Gamers today expect quick easy kills and easy game play. They want to be good at a game as soon as they pick it up and be rewarded greatly for every little thing. I hear them occasionally in game…just today I heard one asking how to add attachments to their weapons… in mcc I remember hearing some one whining about how his grenade didn’t kill a player even though it blew up right next to him and the game was stupid… the gaming world is a different place now a days… competitive and tough game play just isn’t popular anymore.

I would check HCS viewer population if you only care about the old days and today’s days of halo.

Spoiler! HCS is doing amazing this year and is often reflecting the same steps as h2.

I doubt it will have much of a difference really. Sure a number of old halo fans might return but not in an influx that would “revive” the old player base, it’s just not gonna happen. Most of the old school halo fans don’t have time to play like they used to anymore anyway, they’re/we’re all grown up now with families and jobs and that’s why the deveopers have to cater to a new crowd. On a semi-related note, I personally like the new dynamic the thruster adds to gunfights. I don’t mind clamber or sprint, but I don’t like how they are developed into the maps in such a way that you must utilize them to move around the maps effectively.

I hate walking

I do much better in halo 5 than I ever did in MCC multiplayer.
Do not remove abilities.

> 2533274873843883;2:
> What do you even mean when you say “rise back up to what it once was?” I personally do not care a damn what the population is - I think the current formula far surpasses anything the older games could do. And I don’t care what you do to modern Halo. Sprinkle it with fairy dust all you want. The kinds of populations we had in '04 and '07 are never coming back. Those days are over, and it doesn’t have anything to do with game play.

Hey Pistol! How’s it going? Anyways, I agree with the above quote. Halo has too much competition now to have the population it once had. Back in Halo 2 and Halo 3’s day, there was barely any competition for them and that is probably why they were so populated. I really wish people would stop caring about how much population a game has to have in order for it to be “good.” Halo 5 is easily one of my favorite Halos ever, yet supposedly the population “suffers.” Make up your own judgments people. Don’t let other people/things tell you what to think.

Honestly, no. Sprint “maybe” wouldn’t hurt, but overall it doesn’t matter at this point.

> 2533274891097288;9:
> I hate walking

Gatta go fast?

When I was playing previous Halo games I thought it was odd that there wasn’t an inbuilt sprint ability except for Halo 4. It felt like everyone was jogging instead of running.

I don’t care about “Sprint”, but “Thruster” needs to stay forever. Also, Ground Pound should stay.

Sprint should stay. Spartan Charge and Thruster Pack need to die. Ground Pound should have increased damage, but drastically reduced horizontal reach.

Spartans are supposed to move like this so why get rid of them?

Why even bother asking, Waypoint is all about #lore and #immersion regardless that the games that had sprint and all these other abilities tanked. I could go either way about thruster and stabilizer, everything else needs to go.

> 2533274870852232;3:
> > 2533274873843883;2:
> > What do you even mean when you say “rise back up to what it once was?” I personally do not care a damn what the population is - I think the current formula far surpasses anything the older games could do. And I don’t care what you do to modern Halo. Sprinkle it with fairy dust all you want. The kinds of populations we had in '04 and '07 are never coming back. Those days are over, and it doesn’t have anything to do with game play.
>
>
> I agree.There just aren’t enough gamers. And there are just too many good games to play and tons of bad games that people still play. cough Blops

BO3 and halo 5 are too similar. It has the balance that people here enjoy, ie. all guns are useful, plus it has all those gimmicks everyone loves, like boosting and sliding. Not to mention, it even includes things Halo 5 doesn’t have, like split screen, gametypes, zombies, and an excellent population.

I don’t think its game mechanics that are the reason why everyone left. I think its just the lack of quirky/fun gamemodes like infection or juggernaught, as well as the fact that forge wasn’t around at launch and there still isn’t a in game file browser. To top that off we also have spawn killing spartan companies that roam about in Warzone and other Arena modes that destroy people for the sake of Achilles, yet people say that we shouldn’t ruin THEIR fun. Sorry since when was the minority of spawn killers are more important then the majority of the population of Halo 5? It makes me almost believe that anyone who say these words are just another spawn killer themselves.

Besides the point, most likely reason why Halo 5 is the weakest of the Halos is because of its earlier installments ( Halo MCC, Halo 4 ). Halo 4 had this CoD atmosphere around it putting a lot of people off while Halo MCC multiplayer apparently sucks, however I do not know the actual reason as to why but for the fact that anytime I ask what the multiplayer is like, its basically that. Topping that off it’s also much more competitive then the other Halos so that could also be another reason why it has fallen so far. Not only that but the REQ system has put some people off as well.

So if Sprint and Thrusters are the main reason why Halo 5 has the lowest sales, your going to need a lot of hard evidence to back up on that.