Quick forge idea for more Dynamic maps.

I assume most of you have played atleast one map where the map will change during the game, due to people setting timers. Unfortunatly these settings will only allow up to 3 minutes of map-changing.

I think that it should go up to 10 minutes. This would be really cool for indiana jones, infection maps, etc.

Just wanted to get that idea out there.

Mini forge world wishlist for me

Mall/city
Desert
Snow/frozen
Lava/volcano
Jungle
Water that we can live in with islands

I agree. I kind of wish we could enter in arbitrary values for things instead of being limited to a small list (ie when modifying damage resistance, you are unable to have, say, a 143.5% damage resistance value)

> I agree. I kind of wish we could enter in arbitrary values for things instead of being limited to a small list (ie when modifying damage resistance, you are unable to have, say, a 143.5% damage resistance value)

I dont really see a use for that, but why not.

> > I agree. I kind of wish we could enter in arbitrary values for things instead of being limited to a small list (ie when modifying damage resistance, you are unable to have, say, a 143.5% damage resistance value)
>
> I dont really see a use for that, but why not.

Well, it would just allow for further customization. If this was possible, you could have things spawn in maps at intervals of .5 seconds or something to create an animation of sorts using forge objects. It would just give people more things to do.

imo all forge improvements should take a back seat until we get some decent matchmaking support for community content. We need a matchmaking playlist to showcase all the community made content, not new tools to create content. We need a streamlined system for promote content to said playlist, and a robust feedback system to rank-order the plethora of content within the playlist.

Without proper matchmaking support for the community content - all the best tools will go to waste. 90% of all the content within Halo 3 and Reach went totally unnoticed, unused, and was wasted.

> imo all forge improvements should take a back seat until we get some decent matchmaking support for community content. We need a matchmaking playlist to showcase all the community made content, not new tools to create content. We need a streamlined system for promote content to said playlist, and a robust feedback system to rank-order the plethora of content within the playlist.
>
> Without proper matchmaking support for the community content - all the best tools will go to waste. 90% of all the content within Halo 3 and Reach went totally unnoticed, unused, and was wasted.

It didn’t help that your fileshare was made useless in Reach.

I can’t have been the only one who would look through everyone’s fileshares in Halo 3 before the match started, saving the things that sounded interesting and hosting customs later to test them out… In Reach. They killed that. What’s the point of a top 100 list if NO ONE ever tries anything out? :slight_smile: Just saying…

Yeah it would be cool, but I don’t think it will happen in halo 4…

> Yeah it would be cool, but I don’t think it will happen in halo 4…

why not exactly? nothing he asked for would be at all difficult to fathom. if upgrades of this level aren’t possible for halo 4 i don’t see why they would make a halo 4.

i am not a fan of the notion that they should continue with concept of forge worlds though. i think reach proved that we need something more versatile than that.

> imo all forge improvements should take a back seat until we get some decent matchmaking support for community content. We need a matchmaking playlist to showcase all the community made content, not new tools to create content. We need a streamlined system for promote content to said playlist, and a robust feedback system to rank-order the plethora of content within the playlist.
>
> Without proper matchmaking support for the community content - all the best tools will go to waste. 90% of all the content within Halo 3 and Reach went totally unnoticed, unused, and was wasted.

I agree that we need better support. The maps in the “Most Downloaded” and “Most Recommended” categories in Reach were 90% garbage. Way too many childish “adult” themed maps, 100000000 cr maps, and maps that consist of a few random objects scattered around. We need a better feedback system to weed out the crap and get to the good stuff. I still think joining an online Forging community will be the best idea for those looking for the best stuff, but we still need a much better way of sharing the good stuff in-game. Even those looking for maps to screw around on, like purely aesthetic maps, race maps, mini-games, etc need a better way to see what’s actually good out there.

Although I don’t necessarily agree that improvements should take a backseat; I think they should be closer to equal in priority. Besides, there are some annoying bugs that simply need fixing (namely, the rotation bugs, and the save map bug).