Quick & Easy Watcher Slayer Commendation

Hello everybody!

I just thought I would share, what I find, the best and fastest tactic to obtain Watcher kills for the Watcher Slayer commendation.

First, let’s talk about the class;

I find using the DMR with a Magnum the most effective when taking out watchers, so equip those. You’ll also want to have Plasma Grenades to deal with a lone Knight. For an armour ability, Regeneration Field is the way to go as you will be in the line of fire for a majority of the time. The next two you can change as you see fit, but I recommend Mobility and Dexterity, just to make things go a little bit faster.

Anywhom, moving onto the plan itself;

You will want to start a solo playthrough of “Nothing Can Go Wrong” (Episode 5, Chapter 2). Make your way to the objective marker, note the DMR weapon crate, this is where you will be getting ammo refills if needed. 15 Watchers will spawn in the sky above where you are, a Knight will spawn on the bridge, and Watchers will attempt to spawn a turret.

After you clear the area out of Watchers (You should have about 16 kills, Knight included.), simply restart the mission and do it all over again.

Marines are in this Spartan Op mission, so you’ll need to act quick before they steal a Watcher kill.

From some simple math I did, you should be able to get 1.875 Watchers per 9.375 seconds.

Happy Hunting!

Well it beats E5C1.

Shame how badly the Watchers were distributed back then.

Nah, the marines almost always get overwhelmed.

> Well it beats E5C1.
>
> <mark>Shame how badly the Watchers were distributed back then.</mark>
>
> Nah, the marines almost always get overwhelmed.

Still beats the Crawler Snipers.

Magnum? Lol, the magnum is the absolute worst option for a secondary to a precision weapon. Don’t listen to him, guys.

Anyway, yes, this is the best spot to do it.

> Magnum? Lol, the magnum is the absolute worst option for a secondary to a precision weapon. Don’t listen to him, guys.
>
> Anyway, yes, this is the best spot to do it.

I just said Magnum since it’s the default secondary weapon and that the other two won’t be as effective.

You also shouldn’t have to switch from the DMR, so there is that.

> > Magnum? Lol, the magnum is the absolute worst option for a secondary to a precision weapon. Don’t listen to him, guys.
> >
> > Anyway, yes, this is the best spot to do it.
>
> I just said Magnum since it’s the default secondary weapon and that the other two won’t be as effective.
>
> You also shouldn’t have to switch from the DMR, so there is that.

The Plasma Pistol is much better as a secondary, especially in campaign and spops. A single overcharge will kill a Watcher.

> > > Magnum? Lol, the magnum is the absolute worst option for a secondary to a precision weapon. Don’t listen to him, guys.
> > >
> > > Anyway, yes, this is the best spot to do it.
> >
> > I just said Magnum since it’s the default secondary weapon and that the other two won’t be as effective.
> >
> > You also shouldn’t have to switch from the DMR, so there is that.
>
> The Plasma Pistol is much better as a secondary, especially in campaign and spops. A single overcharge will kill a Watcher.

I actually didn’t know that, but as I said, I never used a secondary while grinding them, just the DMR.