Questions & Concern (Ranks + AU Servers)

Hey guys,

I previously posted here rating this game a top rated Halo game since H3. In regards to game play, I still back this rating.
However there are 2 major concerns I am now seeing the more I play, thought I might post it here to discuss.

American Servers
There is no lag for me throughout all games played. However there is noticeable delay between what I see on my screen and what the enemy see’s on his. Meaning they have already got a shot or two on me before I see them. With the recent addition of the Australian Azure servers, does this mean H5 will have dedicated Australian Servers?

Ranking System
While I do like their new concept instead of the traditional 1-50 system we all know and love, it does not seem to be completely what we asked for. I really hope this is just because it is a BETA and not the entirety of the game. Two issues have clearly stood out with the ranking system:

  • CSR is not determined in finding matches: Countless times (pretty much the last 10 games I have played) I have had a kid just starting the game, going neg 15. I am in the Gold Tier and still getting kids with undefined ranks playing with me. This is causing me to dislike the game currently, as the consistency with finding lower skilled team mates is very often.- Ranking down: The endless steam of newbies has resulted in a tonne of loses, seeing my rank drop to the lowest threshold of the Gold Tier. I have since lost 3 games and not dropped to the lower tier. Is it possible to drop a tier? If so, what do you have to do to accomplish this?

I really hope that it is just because it is a BETA and they are still working the kinks out. Otherwise a very well thought out game!
Does anyone have any sort of answers to my questions?

Thank you!

> 2533274818012402;1:
> Hey guys,
>
> I previously posted here rating this game a top rated Halo game since H3. In regards to game play, I still back this rating.
> However there are 2 major concerns I am now seeing the more I play, thought I might post it here to discuss.
>
> American Servers
> There is no lag for me throughout all games played. However there is noticeable delay between what I see on my screen and what the enemy see’s on his. Meaning they have already got a shot or two on me before I see them. With the recent addition of the Australian Azure servers, does this mean H5 will have dedicated Australian Servers?
>
> Ranking System
> While I do like their new concept instead of the traditional 1-50 system we all know and love, it does not seem to be completely what we asked for. I really hope this is just because it is a BETA and not the entirety of the game. Two issues have clearly stood out with the ranking system:
> - CSR is not determined in finding matches: Countless times (pretty much the last 10 games I have played) I have had a kid just starting the game, going neg 15. I am in the Gold Tier and still getting kids with undefined ranks playing with me. This is causing me to dislike the game currently, as the consistency with finding lower skilled team mates is very often.
> - Ranking down: The endless steam of newbies has resulted in a tonne of loses, seeing my rank drop to the lowest threshold of the Gold Tier. I have since lost 3 games and not dropped to the lower tier. Is it possible to drop a tier? If so, what do you have to do to accomplish this?
> I really hope that it is just because it is a BETA and they are still working the kinks out. Otherwise a very well thought out game!
> Does anyone have any sort of answers to my questions?
>
> Thank you!

I have noticed this as well, and to add to your post when team mates drop out. Your rating (different from rank) is still penalized, which i disagree wit, but i do feel like this is to obvious and that the rating system is not the main focus of the beta. And if not it wont be a deal breaker for me, ill just pick up some friends that i play well with from matchmaking, it’ll be an opportunity to make new friends.