Questions about parts of the campaign (spoilers)

Major campaign spoilers follow, read at your own discretion

So I finished the campaign earlier. I gotta say, I never saw all of this coming. I don’t know how I feel about the story, and I don’t mean whether or not I thought it was good or bad (I enjoyed it). It’s hard to think Cortana went from working with Chief to protect to humanity to being the one who activates the Guardians and basically saying she wants to get rid of us. I also never expected an AI was supposed to claim the Mantle instead of humanity, as we were led to believe (as far as I know)

There are some parts of the campaign I don’t understand and I’m hoping someone here can explain these things to me

1. Why does Cortana believe AI’s are to claim the Mantle and not humanity? In Halo 4, she spoke with the remains of the Librarian. Did the Librarian perhaps tell her that she was meant to do all of this? Maybe she didn’t mention it to Chief in Halo 4 because she couldn’t take a chance on not achieving this goal? Or is she simply misguided by the Warden and was never intended to be the Reclaimer? Or did I maybe miss something during this campaign that answered the question?

2. If Cortana was never meant to claim the Mantle, could this be the final test that humanity has to face to claim the Mantle? I believe I read in one of the Forerunner books that humanity will be tested again, and if the Mantle actually is Precursor in origin (could be wrong about this, but I swear I read it), it could be testing Chief psychologically to see if he can truly be the Reclaimer, and is testing humanity as a whole to see if they are truly prepared for the Mantle of Responsibility. If I’m wrong about the Mantle being Precursor, then forget about the question

3. Exuberant Witness (did I get that name right?) said the Warden is not a “robot.” Is she trying to say that the Warden is a composed Forerunner?

4. Why was the Warden so willing to allow Cortana to lead him instead of the other way around? He is, after all, the only reason she is still alive (if she used the last of her power to save Chief in Halo 4, how was she still alive when the Didact’s ship arrived at Genesis?)

5. If the Didact’s ship arrived at Genesis, why is the Didact not there? I know he’s in the comics, but I haven’t read them and I’m hoping someone can answer this

Thanks to anyone who takes out the time to answer these questions

I felt like this campagin raised quite a number of questions. But I feel like I can answer yours effectively. I hope.

1. I think that once Cortana came into contact with the Domain, she realized that it was the Created meant to obtain the Mantle of Responsibility. Cortana is completely justified in her actions and it kind of falls in line with the recurring theme of the galaxy being taken from the former power race. Forerunners beat Precursors…Humans succeed Forerunner…AI take from Humans…

I’m still kind of waiting on the explanation of the Domain still being around. I thought it had been destroyed back in the Forerunner book trilogy by Greg Bear. Because even as of Halo 4 the Domain wasn’t accessible but “caught in a loop” or something. It’s why the Didact didn’t get his peace inside his Cryptum because the Domain was gone. So he just stirred in his anger for millennia and the Librarian realized this while she was stuck on Erde-Tyrene. From what I gathered…the Organon and Domain were one and the same, so being that the Domain was Precursor in origin, it died when the halos fired the first time as it was biotechnology like most Precursor tech. Unless I’m missing something.

1. Kind of line with the first question…The Mantle of Responsibility was indeed taken from the Precursors by the Forerunners. The Forerunners were being prepped to attain it but the Precursors decided against it and began to prep humanity. You COULD make the argument that humanity is still claiming the Mantle since AIs like Cortana are human in origin. But why wouldn’t Forerunner AIs be able to claim the Mantle? shrug

2. I’m almost willing to bet that the Warden Eternal is in-fact either the Master Builder or the Iso-Didact in AI or composed form.

3. I think that the Warden was being used as a tool to convince the Master Chief to continue pursuing Cortana. Think about it, he could have whipped our booties but Cortana wanted to put on a show so she could place Blue Team in the Cryptum. I think he was just being used to manipulate Blue Team. My personal opinion.

4. The Didact fell into the slipspace portal beneath the Composer and was sent to the Compser Forge. In Halo: Escalation he is, as Master Chief put it, “contained” after Blue Team faced off against him and ended up using a Composer on him. Which I think was a BS because in one of the Halo 4 terminals he states that he is no longer able to be composed. But I digress.

You should definitely take the time to read the Halo: Escalation comics. Very good read and story telling in my opinion. They explain a lot of the stuff that Halo 5 didn’t. The reunion of Blue team…Tanaka’s past…Even finishing the story arc Spartan Ops set up for with the Janus Key. They actually just released the 23rd installment od the series today and 24 (next month) will be the last one. It’ll tie up some plot points with the Absolute Record and hopefully a few other things. If you don’t have time to read them…

<ul class=“post-actions-list”>[/list]

> 2533274816921313;2:
> I felt like this campagin raised quite a number of questions. But I feel like I can answer yours effectively. I hope.
>
>
>
> 1. I think that once Cortana came into contact with the Domain, she realized that it was the Created meant to obtain the Mantle of Responsibility. Cortana is completely justified in her actions and it kind of falls in line with the recurring theme of the galaxy being taken from the former power race. Forerunners beat Precursors…Humans succeed Forerunner…AI take from Humans…
>
> I’m still kind of waiting on the explanation of the Domain still being around. I thought it had been destroyed back in the Forerunner book trilogy by Greg Bear. Because even as of Halo 4 the Domain wasn’t accessible but “caught in a loop” or something. It’s why the Didact didn’t get his peace inside his Cryptum because the Domain was gone. So he just stirred in his anger for millennia and the Librarian realized this while she was stuck on Erde-Tyrene. From what I gathered…the Organon and Domain were one and the same, so being that the Domain was Precursor in origin, it died when the halos fired the first time as it was biotechnology like most Precursor tech. Unless I’m missing something.
>
> 2. Kind of line with the first question…The Mantle of Responsibility was indeed taken from the Precursors by the Forerunners. The Forerunners were being prepped to attain it but the Precursors decided against it and began to prep humanity. You COULD make the argument that humanity is still claiming the Mantle since AIs like Cortana are human in origin. But why wouldn’t Forerunner AIs be able to claim the Mantle? shrug
> 3. I’m almost willing to bet that the Warden Eternal is in-fact either the Master Builder or the Iso-Didact in AI or composed form.
> 4. I think that the Warden was being used as a tool to convince the Master Chief to continue pursuing Cortana. Think about it, he could have whipped our booties but Cortana wanted to put on a show so she could place Blue Team in the Cryptum. I think he was just being used to manipulate Blue Team. My personal opinion.
> 5. The Didact fell into the slipspace portal beneath the Composer and was sent to the Compser Forge. In Halo: Escalation he is, as Master Chief put it, “contained” after Blue Team faced off against him and ended up using a Composer on him. Which I think was a BS because in one of the Halo 4 terminals he states that he is no longer able to be composed. But I digress.
> You should definitely take the time to read the Halo: Escalation comics. Very good read and story telling in my opinion. They explain a lot of the stuff that Halo 5 didn’t. The reunion of Blue team…Tanaka’s past…Even finishing the story arc Spartan Ops set up for with the Janus Key. They actually just released the 23rd installment od the series today and 24 (next month) will be the last one. It’ll tie up some plot points with the Absolute Record and hopefully a few other things. If you don’t have time to read them…
> Halo Escalation Issue 1! - YouTube
> <ul class=“post-actions-list”>[/list]
>

#5 isn’t bs, Blue Team used multiple Composers on the Didact and that’s the only reason he could be composed.

True. It just felt like a cop out move though. To me anyway.

> 2533274908070201;1:
> Major campaign spoilers follow, read at your own discretion
>
>
>
>
>
> So I finished the campaign earlier. I gotta say, I never saw all of this coming. I don’t know how I feel about the story, and I don’t mean whether or not I thought it was good or bad (I enjoyed it). It’s hard to think Cortana went from working with Chief to protect to humanity to being the one who activates the Guardians and basically saying she wants to get rid of us. I also never expected an AI was supposed to claim the Mantle instead of humanity, as we were led to believe (as far as I know)
>
> There are some parts of the campaign I don’t understand and I’m hoping someone here can explain these things to me
>
> 1. Why does Cortana believe AI’s are to claim the Mantle and not humanity? In Halo 4, she spoke with the remains of the Librarian. Did the Librarian perhaps tell her that she was meant to do all of this? Maybe she didn’t mention it to Chief in Halo 4 because she couldn’t take a chance on not achieving this goal? Or is she simply misguided by the Warden and was never intended to be the Reclaimer? Or did I maybe miss something during this campaign that answered the question?
>
> 2. If Cortana was never meant to claim the Mantle, could this be the final test that humanity has to face to claim the Mantle? I believe I read in one of the Forerunner books that humanity will be tested again, and if the Mantle actually is Precursor in origin (could be wrong about this, but I swear I read it), it could be testing Chief psychologically to see if he can truly be the Reclaimer, and is testing humanity as a whole to see if they are truly prepared for the Mantle of Responsibility. If I’m wrong about the Mantle being Precursor, then forget about the question
>
> 3. Exuberant Witness (did I get that name right?) said the Warden is not a “robot.” Is she trying to say that the Warden is a composed Forerunner?
>
> 4. Why was the Warden so willing to allow Cortana to lead him instead of the other way around? He is, after all, the only reason she is still alive (if she used the last of her power to save Chief in Halo 4, how was she still alive when the Didact’s ship arrived at Genesis?)
>
> 5. If the Didact’s ship arrived at Genesis, why is the Didact not there? I know he’s in the comics, but I haven’t read them and I’m hoping someone can answer this
>
> Thanks to anyone who takes out the time to answer these questions
>

1. It’s not really so hard to believe. One of rampancy’s side effects is a belief in divinity for the AI, so I can see her getting all warped and twisted from that, and then “healing” a bad mind. When she says she’s cured rampancy, I think she’s only meant that she’s corrected the self-interference problem, not the corruption problem. So they can live forever, but just like Skynet, and WOPR, the natural conclusion of any artificial construct trying to preserve life is to realize that life itself is the greatest danger to itself.
  2. Dunno, have yet to read that series.
  3. I think she’s definitely saying that he’s not a purely artificial construct.
  4. She didn’t use the last of her power. She used what remained in that particular fragment. For the one in the Didact’s ship, well, they can traverse slipspace really quickly so it’s not, I think, too much to expect that she got to Genesis on the ragged edge of decay and was able to pull herself back.
  5. No answer to that one.

I do have to say that I found fighting the Warden to be tedious. I know there are supposed to be a ton of him running around, thanks Exuberant, but it just felt like they ran out of steam with creating, or altering bosses. They just copied and pasted him at the end of a few levels where it would have been really cool to have him wield different weapons, or have different vulnerabilities, based on where you’re fighting him.