Questions about Halo Universe!(Please READ)

So, I want answers. I’m sorry if I have any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language.

1. Halo: Primordium mentions, that there are actually second Ark which creates all Halos that are 10,000 km in diameter.

So, originally there were 12 rings, but 5 of rings got destroyed. If second Ark is still working, wouldn’t it build all those rings again? That would explain why there is Halo in Halo 4 main menu.

1. 343 Guilty Spark mentions that the Ark is 218 (262,144) light years away from the center of the Milky Way. As the Milky Way is around 100,000-120,000 light years in diameter, the installation is beyond the reaches of galactic space, thereby keeping anyone who is on it safe from the firing of the Halos.

So, what happened to all Forerunners and Flood on Ark, during war? I know Didact survived.

1. Is 343 Guilty Spark still alive?

He created clones of himself, is there chance that one in Halo 3 was clone? And would it be possible, that only his “body” got destroyed, but his mind is still alive?

1. What happened to Installation 07?

It got infected. But when Halos were fired, did it fire too?

“At the command of the Didact, this Halo was sent through the portal after repairs were made one last time, holding the (presumably) Flood infected Forerunners processed by The Composer, the timelocked Graveminds (of which approximately ten had already developed), as well as any remaining species infected or otherwise; to remain untouched as a sacred tomb “to millions” for approximately the next one hundred and one thousand years.”

Also, one of terminals in CE shows, that this installation may actually be a place infested by The Flood, and its surface should be affected and covered by a slimmy-tan colored mass they produce on the land (as seen in Halo: CEA terminal “343 Guilty Spark”).

Could I get some answers from Halo “Nerds” :)? Thank you.

> So, I want answers. I’m sorry if I have any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language.
>
> 1. Halo: Primordium mentions, that there are actually second Ark which creates all Halos that are 10,000 km in diameter.
>
> So, originally there were 12 rings, but 5 of rings got destroyed. If second Ark is still working, wouldn’t it build all those rings again? That would explain why there is Halo in Halo 4 main menu.

I believe you answered your own question. If the Great Ark is not producing rings, we can assume that it is either destroyed or simply disabled.

> 3. Is 343 Guilty Spark still alive?
>
> He created clones of himself, is there chance that one in Halo 3 was clone? And would it be possible, that only his “body” got destroyed, but his mind is still alive?

I believe that 343 GS (From Halo CE-3) is a clone of Charkas, not vice versa. So, the 343 GS that we all know and love is dead. Dead. Dead. Dead.

1. There are two Arks. The Greater Ark (first mentioned in Cryptum) makes Halo Rings that are 30,000 km in diameter. The Lesser Ark (and the one seen in Halo 3) makes 10,000 km Halo rings. Orginally, there were 12 30,000 km rings. When Mendicant Bias attacked the Forerunners in Cryptum, the rings tried to get back to the Greater Ark. Unfortunately, only 1 ring made it through. Another ring, under the control of Mendicant Bias, escaped to some random system. The other 10 were destroyed. At the greater Ark were 6 other Halos, 10,000 km in diameter.

As for the status of the Greater Ark, it is my belief that it was destroyed at some point during the Forerunner-Flood war, as all evidence points to their only being 1 ark in 2552, during the Human-Covenant War. As for why we see a Halo Ring in the Halo 4 menu, there are still 6 Halo’s in the Galaxy after the end of Halo 3.

1. Anything on the Ark would be safe from the Halo Effect. The Didact survived since he activated the Halo Array, along with several populations from various planets that would be repopulated after the firing of the Halos and the dying off of the Flood. No Flood samples were kept on the Ark

2. Guilty Spark is dead. The Monitor encountered in Primordium was Chakas, who 343 GS was based on. There are several other Monitors based on Chakas (as implied by his statements), but none of them are actually Chakas or 343GS.

3. Installation 07 functions like the other installations, but it’s surface is covered in clouds, much like Venus, due to malfunctioning environmental systems (damaged during the events of Primordium). It still functions, but it’s unlikely there’s a Flood outbreak of any kind. That would require an alien species to have landed, let loose the Flood, and get infected. As nothing can survive on the surface of Installation 07, save for artificial life (Monitors, Sentinels), it’s unlike this has happened.

I hope this helps.

>

Thanks for answers, but can I get some more?

1. Isn’t Requiem located near Ark? If so, how is there Halo ring, if all Halo rings are located in Milky way Galaxy.

1. But I meant, if Flood were just about to break in to Citaled, and EVERYTHING on Ark survives, what happened to Flood that, were on Ark? Forerunners were outnumbered. It’s not just like, that they killed them suddenly and cleaned up.

1. “this Halo was sent through the portal after repairs were made one last time, holding the (presumably) Flood infected Forerunners processed by The Composer, the timelocked Graveminds (of which approximately ten had already developed), as well as any remaining species infected or otherwise; to remain untouched as a sacred tomb “to millions” for approximately the next one hundred and one thousand years.”

Wouldn’t this mean, that there are still Flood left, but no one ever visited it?

> >
>
> Thanks for answers, but can I get some more?
>
> 1. Isn’t Requiem located near Ark? If so, how is there Halo ring, if all Halo rings are located in Milky way Galaxy.

Where Requiem is in relation to the Ark is unknown, but I would wager it’s in the range of the Halo Array (or would have been if the full array were still around).

> 2. But I meant, if Flood were just about to break in to Citaled, and EVERYTHING on Ark survives, what happened to Flood that, were on Ark? Forerunners were outnumbered. It’s not just like, that they killed them suddenly and cleaned up.

During the Forerunner-Flood war, the Flood never made it to the Ark. They tried, but the Array was activated before they go there.

> 3. “this Halo was sent through the portal after repairs were made one last time, holding the (presumably) Flood infected Forerunners processed by The Composer, the timelocked Graveminds (of which approximately ten had already developed), as well as any remaining species infected or otherwise; to remain untouched as a sacred tomb “to millions” for approximately the next one hundred and one thousand years.”
>
> Wouldn’t this mean, that there are still Flood left, but no one ever visited it?

No. The Halos are not safe from the Halo Effect, and all Flood on Installation 07 would have been wiped out when the array fired.

I suspect Requiem may be located near the edge of the Galaxy. It’s only a theory of course but I believe Requiem may be the burned out cinder of a world the Primordial was discovered on. It was described as a Planetoid located on the edges of the Galaxy and Requiem has been described as a Planetoid, which can be an asteroid or dwarf planet.

Whether or not Flood remains on Installation 07 is unknown. Flood remained in containment on Installations 04 and 05 so it’s definitely possible that they remain on 07 as well. However there would most likely be no outbreak because even if they somehow survived the activation of the Rings, there would be nothing for them to feed on in which case they would die.