Questions about forge and life of the game

Now i know that reach also didnt have forge maps in the start can someone tell me how long after till they were added and if they rotated playlists in reach too and stuff like that because i didnt get into reach until this january

Maps started cropping up within about 6-9 months of release. Some were good, most of the BTB ones were anyways, but don’t be the guy who builds 5-tiered 4v4 maps… Don’t be that guy.

Reach had forge world from launch. Halo 3 didn’t have a forge map at launch but the first map pack (Heroic) added Foundry.

well i know forge existed at launch but i know maps were only in game maps (zealot,Power house etc. for a long time)

> Maps started cropping up within about 6-9 months of release. Some were good, most of the BTB ones were anyways, but don’t be the guy who builds 5-tiered 4v4 maps… Don’t be that guy.

so matchamking was same map over and over as it is now in halo 4 for that long just wondering a time frame when we can expect forge maps in modes like KOH.I slayer and oddball

> Maps started cropping up within about 6-9 months of release. Some were good, most of the BTB ones were anyways, but don’t be the guy who builds 5-tiered 4v4 maps… Don’t be that guy.

just dont, just dont be that guy.

> > Maps started cropping up within about 6-9 months of release. Some were good, most of the BTB ones were anyways, but don’t be the guy who builds 5-tiered 4v4 maps… Don’t be that guy.
>
> so matchamking was same map over and over as it is now in halo 4 for that long just wondering a time frame when we can expect forge maps in modes like KOH.I slayer and oddball

Just start cooking up maps now, and your best bet is to playtest with Obi Wan Stevobi. I can’t remember what group he runs, and he might not anymore after the end of HaloCharts, but here’s a link to a couple sites built from the remnants of HaloCharts. Get in touch with the Forgers here, and you’ll start paving the way to getting your maps out there.

This is the closest we have to our beloved HaloCharts:
http://halocommunity.com/

This one is more Group-centered:
http://halounity.com/?section=home

As a fellow Forger, I wish you the best of luck, and just remember… Don’t be that guy.

to me it doesnt matter if i get one in or not i would love to but the bright side is more variety in matchmaking is why i cannot wait for forge in matchmaking i want to try to make a DooM Quake style map

now also did they rotate playlists for reach early too or is this a new thing

bump

last bump for question about playlist rotation