Question relating to Binary Rifle entry

Quick question about this:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/weapons/binary-rifle
How the hell would Binary Rifles be in useful/effective in combating Keyminds-entire planets converted into Flood biomass? I know it’s say nascent Keyminds but we’re still talking about Keyminds here AKA planet-sized Graveminds.

Nascent Keyminds would mean something a little bit bigger than a Gravemind. Maybe a bit bigger than High Charity. Imagine thousands of robots or drones attacking such a thing with their weapons. If it’s developing under the surface or inside gigantic, heavy fortifications, ships may not be able to destroy it, hence the need to send in the infantry.

And keep in mind they weren’t at their full potential in halo 5

> 2533274821753519;2:
> Nascent Keyminds would mean something a little bit bigger than a Gravemind. Maybe a bit bigger than High Charity. Imagine thousands of robots or drones attacking such a thing with their weapons. If it’s developing under the surface or inside gigantic, heavy fortifications, ships may not be able to destroy it, hence the need to send in the infantry.

Technically a Gravemind is teh concept of a bunch of flood coming together to create a flood brain. The size of a Gravemind can vary a lot. A Key mind is a Gravemind that covers an entire planet’s surface, while a Hivemind is a Gravemind like the one encountered in Halo 2 and 3 and a Proto-Gravemind is the thing that Captain Keyes are a part of in CE.

Thus I think that a Nascent Keymind might be the intial states of a Keymind, maybe just a Hivemind that ahve landed on a planet and barely begun to build a spore mountain.

It’s not an official designation either. We only know about Gravemind and Keymind.

Also, yeah, I suppose the weapons in the contemporary era are “locked” so they’re less powerful than before. It’s been said in some Universe entries.