Question regarding which edition I should buy

So I’m lookin at where I should order the game from. I saw this locus helmet you get from ordering from mighty ape, and that’s the only armor I like the look of.

Now I’ve gotta decide between the ordinary edition or the limited edition. So by the looks of it, even the ordinary edition is friggin expensive. Is there really no $60 edition?

And which would save me more money: Buying the ordinary edition and the map packs later, or just buying the limited and getting all the maps and other junk with that?

Go big. Go Limited.
Build a cardboard suit of armor, or dress up as Cortana, and get there early to be first in line.

Wait, whats Mighty Ape?

It depends:

Do you care about getting Forward Unto Dawn in HD, with 15 extra minuets of footage?
Do you play Multiplayer a lot, and want more maps right away?
Do you want all the extra booklets and packets explaining in-universe material?

If yes, then go for the LE. $99 may seem like a lot, but that is the standard rate for Limited editions these days.

> It depends:
>
> Do you care about getting Forward Unto Dawn in HD, with 15 extra minuets of footage?
> Do you play Multiplayer a lot, and want more maps right away?
> Do you want all the extra booklets and packets explaining in-universe material?
>
> If yes, then go for the LE. $99 may seem like a lot, but that is the standard rate for Limited editions these days.

I don’t even know what forward unto dawn is about, and I don’t really care about booklets and stuff. But I’ll be playing multiplayer and probably will want the maps if I like the game. But if the ordinary edition is like $90 and the limited is $130, then I’m wondering if it’d be better to buy the standard and just download the map packs on the marketplace, or if I might as well just buy the limited edition.

I’d suggest buying from a different retailer, even at the loss of your desired armor skin. Those prices are absurd.

> > It depends:
> >
> > Do you care about getting Forward Unto Dawn in HD, with 15 extra minuets of footage?
> > Do you play Multiplayer a lot, and want more maps right away?
> > Do you want all the extra booklets and packets explaining in-universe material?
> >
> > If yes, then go for the LE. $99 may seem like a lot, but that is the standard rate for Limited editions these days.
>
> I don’t even know what forward unto dawn is about, and I don’t really care about booklets and stuff. But I’ll be playing multiplayer and probably will want the maps if I like the game. But if the ordinary edition is like $90 and the limited is $130, then I’m wondering if it’d be better to buy the standard and just download the map packs on the marketplace, or if I might as well just buy the limited edition.

Wha?!
Dude, the standard is $60, and the LE is $100.
The booklets and junk are pointless garb, but it comes with a few ingame skins and maps, and a hardcase which i love!

> I’d suggest buying from a different retailer, even at the loss of your desired armor skin. Those prices are absurd.

Those are the standard AUS prices for Halo 4. It’s the same everywhere else i’ve looked that is getting Pre-orders for H4.

I say go for it! It’s definately worth it! Think about it, 3 map packs (as a guess) all worth $15 dollars. Plus, loads of other content.

Base game = $90

• 3x15 = $45
    $90 + $45 = $135

All the extra content about the Halo universe is probably worth another crap-load. Getting the map packs separately, after buying the base game would be worth MORE than if you got the LE.

> > It depends:
> >
> > Do you care about getting Forward Unto Dawn in HD, with 15 extra minuets of footage?
> > Do you play Multiplayer a lot, and want more maps right away?
> > Do you want all the extra booklets and packets explaining in-universe material?
> >
> > If yes, then go for the LE. $99 may seem like a lot, but that is the standard rate for Limited editions these days.
>
> I don’t even know what forward unto dawn is about, and I don’t really care about booklets and stuff. But I’ll be playing multiplayer and probably will want the maps if I like the game. But if the ordinary edition is like $90 and the limited is $130, then I’m wondering if it’d be better to buy the standard and just download the map packs on the marketplace, or if I might as well just buy the limited edition.

Just looked at the links you posted; $90 for Standard Edition in New Zealand?! Outrageous. That said, go for LE, the maps will probably make up for it.

I suggest Amazon or New egg or something, maybe they will have a cheaper price.

Well that raises a couple other questions. So are those prices really the usual prices for the games, or could I get it from a gamestop or something for the usual $60 price? And will there be alternate ways to get the pre order armors? Cause if I’ll be able to unlock that locus helmet in game then I don’t need to order from that mighty ape site.

Mightyape Australia. Halo 4 Limited Edition.

This is were I am getting it from. I think it’s worldwide shipping too.

> Mightyape Australia. Halo 4 Limited Edition.
>
> This is were I am getting it from. I think it’s worldwide shipping too.

Now that’s interesting. See that’s a damn good deal for the limited edition. Why did I find a $130 one…

> > Mightyape Australia. Halo 4 Limited Edition.
> >
> > This is were I am getting it from. I think it’s worldwide shipping too.
>
> Now that’s interesting. See that’s a damn good deal for the limited edition. Why did I find a $130 one…

You should jump on that before the deal changes or they run out of LE’s.

Why in the hell does that other site have it up for $90 and $135 respectively? That’s insane.

Edit: Don’t go to Gamestop/EBGames- they have it for $130. Why are our Halo brethren across the Pacific getting shafted like this?

> So I’m lookin at where I should order the game from. <mark>I saw this locus helmet you get</mark> from ordering from mighty ape, and that’s the only armor I like the look of.
>
> Now I’ve gotta decide between the ordinary edition or the limited edition. So by the looks of it, even the ordinary edition is friggin expensive. Is there really no $60 edition?
>
> And which would save me more money: Buying the ordinary edition and the map packs later, or just buying the limited and getting all the maps and other junk with that?

No, you get the SKIN for the helmet, NOT the helmet itself. Regardless where you get your Halo 4 you will be able to get the Locus helmet.

As for pricing, GameStop is selling them for 59.99 and 99.99 (plus tax). So if you can get to a GameStop, do your pre-ordering there.

> > > Mightyape Australia. Halo 4 Limited Edition.
> > >
> > > This is were I am getting it from. I think it’s worldwide shipping too.
> >
> > Now that’s interesting. See that’s a damn good deal for the limited edition. Why did I find a $130 one…
>
> You should jump on that before the deal changes or they run out of LE’s.
>
> Why in the hell does that other site have it up for $90 and $135 respectively? That’s insane.
>
> Edit: <mark>Don’t go to Gamestop/EBGames- they have it for $130.</mark> Why are our Halo brethren across the Pacific getting shafted like this?

What GameStop are you looking at? here.

> What GameStop are you looking at? here.

That’s the Gamestop/EBGames from the US. The branches across the Pacific are selling it for $30 more. Which is just egregious.

343 already stated that the armor [aside from the dead eye helmet] are not preorder exclusive

> I’d suggest buying from a different retailer, even at the loss of your desired armor skin. Those prices are absurd.

Now wait, I from what I read about LE, it seems like you get Forest, Web, Pulse and arctic camo. I’m most likely wrong and misinterpreted it, though.

> > So I’m lookin at where I should order the game from. <mark>I saw this locus helmet you get</mark> from ordering from mighty ape, and that’s the only armor I like the look of.
> >
> > Now I’ve gotta decide between the ordinary edition or the limited edition. So by the looks of it, even the ordinary edition is friggin expensive. Is there really no $60 edition?
> >
> > And which would save me more money: Buying the ordinary edition and the map packs later, or just buying the limited and getting all the maps and other junk with that?
>
> No, you get the SKIN for the helmet, NOT the helmet itself. Regardless where you get your Halo 4 you will be able to get the Locus helmet.
>
> As for pricing, GameStop is selling them for 59.99 and 99.99 (plus tax). So if you can get to a GameStop, do your pre-ordering there.

Finally it let me sign back in. Was in not letting anyone else sign in for a bit there?

Anyways, if this is true that’s awesome news. Then I can just find a decent price at a local gamestop or something. Thanks for the replies guys :slight_smile: