Question regarding weapon redesigns

This has been bugging me for a while, so maybe I can get answers here.
Obviously, all Halo CE weapons are being graphicly upgraded to a high-res counterpart. But it goes without saying that many weapons have gone through a lot of visual changes in the past decade.

Will the new weapon models resemble their classic versions, or will they look like the do currently?

So far, I’ve seen that the Assault Rifle and the Pistol look a lot like their classic selves, and to me are perfect examples of 343’s efforts to preserve Halo CE’s visual style. Even the new Shade turret gives me an overwhelming sense of nostalgia. The Shotgun looks very different from it’s CE version, but it feels natural with the upgraded landscape, doesn’t feel even slightly out of place. No opinion on the Needler or Plasma Rifle, as they have not gone through significant changes throughout all the Halo games.
But then I get to the Rocket Launcher. It looks nothing like it’s original model, but rather like it was pulled directly out of Reach. It’s a shame to see it’s iconic reloading instructions on that boxy middle to go :frowning:

I’m especially curious about both the Fuel Rod Guns (the handheld and the Assault Cannon). I know that both of them are unusable to the player, but it would feel out of place to see those black Spec-Ops grunts in the Maw wielding the current golden FRG’s. I mention the Assault Cannon because it seems like that’s the weapon that went through the most change so far. The Reach/Halo3 version lacks the drum barrel and appear more “heavy duty” than the Halo CE/2 version.

It would also be awesome to see that bright blue glow from the Energy Sword make a return in CEA :slight_smile:

> This has been bugging me for a while, so maybe I can get answers here.
> Obviously, all Halo CE weapons are being graphicly upgraded to a high-res counterpart. But it goes without saying that many weapons have gone through a lot of visual changes in the past decade.
>
> Will the new weapon models resemble their classic versions, or will they look like the do currently?
>
> So far, I’ve seen that the Assault Rifle and the Pistol look a lot like their classic selves, and to me are perfect examples of 343’s efforts to preserve Halo CE’s visual style. Even the new Shade turret gives me an overwhelming sense of nostalgia. The Shotgun looks very different from it’s CE version, but it feels natural with the upgraded landscape, doesn’t feel even slightly out of place. No opinion on the Needler or Plasma Rifle, as they have not gone through significant changes throughout all the Halo games.
> But then I get to the Rocket Launcher. It looks nothing like it’s original model, but rather like it was pulled directly out of Reach. It’s a shame to see it’s iconic reloading instructions on that boxy middle to go :frowning:
>
> I’m especially curious about both the Fuel Rod Guns (the handheld and the Assault Cannon). I know that both of them are unusable to the player, but it would feel out of place to see those black Spec-Ops grunts in the Maw wielding the current golden FRG’s. I mention the Assault Cannon because it seems like that’s the weapon that went through the most change so far. The Reach/Halo3 version lacks the drum barrel and appear more “heavy duty” than the Halo CE/2 version.
>
> It would also be awesome to see that bright blue glow from the Energy Sword make a return in CEA :slight_smile:

Almost all of the weapons (except Chief’s Assault Rifle and some others) will retain Halo: Reach’s visuals since the game is set before Combat Evolved.

Things like those big Plasma Turrets that you can hop on to will most likely have their own unique changes to them. They will most likely still have a “Covenant” feeling towards them.

> This has been bugging me for a while, so maybe I can get answers here.
> Obviously, all Halo CE weapons are being graphicly upgraded to a high-res counterpart. But it goes without saying that many weapons have gone through a lot of visual changes in the past decade.
>
> Will the new weapon models resemble their classic versions, or will they look like the do currently?
>
> So far, I’ve seen that the Assault Rifle and the Pistol look a lot like their classic selves, and to me are perfect examples of 343’s efforts to preserve Halo CE’s visual style. Even the new Shade turret gives me an overwhelming sense of nostalgia. The Shotgun looks very different from it’s CE version, but it feels natural with the upgraded landscape, doesn’t feel even slightly out of place. No opinion on the Needler or Plasma Rifle, as they have not gone through significant changes throughout all the Halo games.
> But then I get to the Rocket Launcher. It looks nothing like it’s original model, but rather like it was pulled directly out of Reach. It’s a shame to see it’s iconic reloading instructions on that boxy middle to go :frowning:
>
> I’m especially curious about both the Fuel Rod Guns (the handheld and the Assault Cannon). I know that both of them are unusable to the player, but it would feel out of place to see those black Spec-Ops grunts in the Maw wielding the current golden FRG’s. I mention the Assault Cannon because it seems like that’s the weapon that went through the most change so far. The Reach/Halo3 version lacks the drum barrel and appear more “heavy duty” than the Halo CE/2 version.
>
> It would also be awesome to see that bright blue glow from the Energy Sword make a return in CEA :slight_smile:

All of the weapons are using the Reach models, except the AR and Pistol which are using the Halo 3 models. It’s fine to use models for the Covenant weapons from Reach, but when they use something like the Reach shotgun it is annoying because it is a completely different weapon. The Rocket Launcher however is the same weapon in universe in every game, so I can’t complain about that.