Question regarding the redesigned aliens.

Some of you may know me as one of the main activists in responding to the picture of the new Unggoy design that 343 put out a while back (as that’s the most significant thing I’ve done on this forum). Others may not, which is fine, but I’ve got a question.

It’s obvious that the Unggoy designs and Kig-Yar designs break away what has been expected from them in terms of their anatomy from previous games. I have a strong grudge against the new designs, and 343i for a lack of justification where their anatomy contradicts their biological canon established by Bungie BUT, I’m not here to argue that with anyone (I’m merely giving my stance). Instead I noticed something funny about both.

The Unggoy are called “Storm Unggoy” and the Kig-Yar are called “Storm Kig-Yar” while the Sangheili, which have no traits that contradict their canonical biology in terms of it’s anatomical make up and functionality, lack the “Storm” at the beginning of their species name.

Does “Storm” act as a separate biological classification for these two species?

As in an example: are “Storm” species what the species looked like 100,000 years ago before the firing of the Halo Array, and to identify their differences from the current designs they are given the pre-name “Storm”?

Not this scenario specifically, it’s just an idea. Basically, does “Storm” have something to do with the redesign, ad the Kig-Yar and the Unggoy are the only two with a BIG redesign? Your thoughts?

The Storm is the faction of Covenant you are fighting in Halo 4. In regards to the redesign, it’s “artistic liberties.” They don’t have anything to do with canon.

Okay. Mods can lock this thread now.

> Some of you may know me as one of the main activists in responding to the picture of the new Unggoy design that 343 put out a while back (as that’s the most significant thing I’ve done on this forum). Others may not, which is fine, but I’ve got a question.
>
> It’s obvious that the Unggoy designs and Kig-Yar designs break away what has been expected from them in terms of their anatomy from previous games. I have a strong grudge against the new designs, and 343i for a lack of justification where their anatomy contradicts their biological canon established by Bungie BUT, I’m not here to argue that with anyone (I’m merely giving my stance). Instead I noticed something funny about both.
>
> The Unggoy are called “Storm Unggoy” and the Kig-Yar are called “Storm Kig-Yar” while the Sangheili, which have no traits that contradict their canonical biology in terms of it’s anatomical make up and functionality, lack the “Storm” at the beginning of their species name.
>
> Does “Storm” act as a separate biological classification for these two species?
>
> As in an example: are “Storm” species what the species looked like 100,000 years ago before the firing of the Halo Array, and to identify their differences from the current designs they are given the pre-name “Storm”?
>
> Not this scenario specifically, it’s just an idea. Basically, does “Storm” have something to do with the redesign, ad the Kig-Yar and the Unggoy are the only two with a BIG redesign? Your thoughts?

It’s a typo.

Storm, if anything, is a re-unification of the Covenant species under radical Elites shown in Glasslands.

> > Some of you may know me as one of the main activists in responding to the picture of the new Unggoy design that 343 put out a while back (as that’s the most significant thing I’ve done on this forum). Others may not, which is fine, but I’ve got a question.
> >
> > It’s obvious that the Unggoy designs and Kig-Yar designs break away what has been expected from them in terms of their anatomy from previous games. I have a strong grudge against the new designs, and 343i for a lack of justification where their anatomy contradicts their biological canon established by Bungie BUT, I’m not here to argue that with anyone (I’m merely giving my stance). Instead I noticed something funny about both.
> >
> > The Unggoy are called “Storm Unggoy” and the Kig-Yar are called “Storm Kig-Yar” while the Sangheili, which have no traits that contradict their canonical biology in terms of it’s anatomical make up and functionality, lack the “Storm” at the beginning of their species name.
> >
> > Does “Storm” act as a separate biological classification for these two species?
> >
> > As in an example: are “Storm” species what the species looked like 100,000 years ago before the firing of the Halo Array, and to identify their differences from the current designs they are given the pre-name “Storm”?
> >
> > Not this scenario specifically, it’s just an idea. Basically, does “Storm” have something to do with the redesign, ad the Kig-Yar and the Unggoy are the only two with a BIG redesign? Your thoughts?
>
> It’s a typo.
>
> Storm, if anything, is a re-unification of the Covenant species under radical Elites shown in Glasslands.

It’s a bit more complicated than that. You’ll see in Thursday War.

> It’s a bit more complicated than that. You’ll see in Thursday War.

When does it release? Oct 2nd?

> > It’s a bit more complicated than that. You’ll see in Thursday War.
>
> When does it release? Oct 2nd?

I believe so.

> > > Some of you may know me as one of the main activists in responding to the picture of the new Unggoy design that 343 put out a while back (as that’s the most significant thing I’ve done on this forum). Others may not, which is fine, but I’ve got a question.
> > >
> > > It’s obvious that the Unggoy designs and Kig-Yar designs break away what has been expected from them in terms of their anatomy from previous games. I have a strong grudge against the new designs, and 343i for a lack of justification where their anatomy contradicts their biological canon established by Bungie BUT, I’m not here to argue that with anyone (I’m merely giving my stance). Instead I noticed something funny about both.
> > >
> > > The Unggoy are called “Storm Unggoy” and the Kig-Yar are called “Storm Kig-Yar” while the Sangheili, which have no traits that contradict their canonical biology in terms of it’s anatomical make up and functionality, lack the “Storm” at the beginning of their species name.
> > >
> > > Does “Storm” act as a separate biological classification for these two species?
> > >
> > > As in an example: are “Storm” species what the species looked like 100,000 years ago before the firing of the Halo Array, and to identify their differences from the current designs they are given the pre-name “Storm”?
> > >
> > > Not this scenario specifically, it’s just an idea. Basically, does “Storm” have something to do with the redesign, ad the Kig-Yar and the Unggoy are the only two with a BIG redesign? Your thoughts?
> >
> > It’s a typo.
> >
> > Storm, if anything, is a re-unification of the Covenant species under radical Elites shown in Glasslands.
>
> It’s a bit more complicated than that. You’ll see in Thursday War.

Ah…this is very interesting.

I call for the “Storm” Jackal to be renamed the Iguana. Because that’s what they are, now.

OP you’re an activist?

Storm is not a biological species genus or name whatsoever.

Actually, it specifically even states “Storm GRUNT” and “Storm JACKAL”, using the UNSC-given names instead of the species, probably to avoid confusion.

“Storm” is a faction of the Covenant, and you’ll discover a lot more about them in “The Thursday War”.

Um the elites do have the “storm”. It’s the basic unit in the storm faction just like storm grunts, storm jackals, and storm elite. Also the elites do have a biological change, it’s the mandibles.