Question regarding the 9gb update

Sorry if this has been asked before,
Because I’m from South Africa, I’m subject to the worst internet speeds imaginable. So when doing the update, can one play the campaign as the update completes in the background? or is it one of those updates that happen on the xbox one games and app page, that needs to be completed first before play? (ALSO i know the update is the multiplayer side of the game)

Thanks

I think you can’t play without the patch…

you can set your xbox one to auto download updates, while it’s ‘off’.

> 2552709967384648;3:
> you can set your xbox one to auto download updates, while it’s ‘off’.

I bought the disc version though

> 2533274810235896;1:
> Sorry if this has been asked before,
> Because I’m from South Africa, I’m subject to the worst internet speeds imaginable. So when doing the update, can one play the campaign as the update completes in the background? or is it one of those updates that happen on the xbox one games and app page, that needs to be completed first before play? (ALSO i know the update is the multiplayer side of the game)
>
> Thanks

good question, but I don’t think so. Hopefully I’m wrong, good luck :slight_smile:

You can’t play multiplayer without it. If you disconnect your Xbox from the internet you shouldn’t be prompted to download the patch and should be able to play campaign. (As far as I know.)

> 2533274807881873;6:
> You can’t play multiplayer without it. If you disconnect your Xbox from the internet you shouldn’t be prompted to download the patch and should be able to play campaign. (As far as I know.)

Thanks, but i’d prefer to be online while playing campaign. Achievements and all that, plus I’m gonna have to do the update eventually