Question Pertaining to Those Without Live

How will those without Live, such as my self, experience Spartan Ops? This question could define whether or not I, and many others, buy Halo 4. one of the appealing things about firefight was that you didn’t need live and you got the same thing as those with live. So please, if you can answer my question, I will be much indebted.
Many thanks,
Ratheld

You can’t download new “episodes” without xbl, so you’re pretty much screwed until you get it.

From the sounds of things, if you don’t have live at all, you don’t get Spartan Ops. Down the track they may release all DLC on a disc like they did with Halo 2 and 3. As an offline player, I’m a little worried about this too. So long as you can access the missions with a Silver membership, it should be alright for me but I feel for you. I hope there will be someway to get them but honestly, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I doubt downloading the new episodes will require a live gold account, maybe you can download with just silver? Plug in download and unplug? Just a thought I’ve never known any dlc to require a gold account

> How will those without Live, such as my self, experience Spartan Ops? This question could define whether or not I, and many others, buy Halo 4. one of the appealing things about firefight was that you didn’t need live and you got the same thing as those with live. So please, if you can answer my question, I will be much indebted.
> Many thanks,
> Ratheld

I have a feeling it may be released in a “patch” of sorts that you mat be able to get off a modding site (not gonna name any. Find them yourself), and then chuck on your USB/HDD and play away.

OR

It may be that they use “patches” to unlock them for us on XBL, but then you get them all from the start offline (sort of like how unlocking weapons in CoD BO works. You have them all offline, but gotta unlock em online).

I would imagine the game will come with a couple missions on disc, so you’ll be able to play those offline. As for the rest, you’ll need to download them… or wait for a disc release.

i would like to know what happens to those who have free live and if we will get the spartan op missions?

> i would like to know what happens to those who have free live and if we will get the spartan op missions?

If you only have a Silver account you WILL get them, as they are free and are part of what comes with the game on launch.

Well, at least you should get them. No reason why you shouldn’t.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but why don’t you have xbox live? Do you just not have that great of a connection, because if it’s the cost it’s less than $5 a month if you buy the card :confused:

Well it will most likely come with an Xbox Live trial card so you can try it out, love it, and buy Xbox Live. Not to be a jerk or anything but I do see this as an Xbox Live Exclusive.

Probably there will be split screen for the Spartan Ops.

That’s one of the reasons i like halo so much, split screen

> How will those without Live, such as my self, experience Spartan Ops? This question could define whether or not I, and many others, buy Halo 4. one of the appealing things about firefight was that you didn’t need live and you got the same thing as those with live. So please, if you can answer my question, I will be much indebted.
> Many thanks,
> Ratheld

Why not get at least a silver account? I think they would make it available for silvers. All it requires is an internet connection.

I used to be like you (untill 2009) and believe me, the online experience is amazing. I highly recommend it, anyway.

To answer some questions:
I don’t have live because I don’t have the ability to get a cable through my house and I don’t want to spend 80$ on a wirless thing I will spend nearly no time on.

I’m just sad they removed firefight and I hope 343i considers us liveless fans.
Thanks for all your replies!
Ratheld.

> I doubt downloading the new episodes will require a live gold account, maybe you can download with just silver?

You clearly haven’t been keeping an eye on Microsoft’s business practices, they charge for anything they can.

They wanted Bungie to drop splitscreen support in Halo Reach so people would have to buy the game and Xbox Live Gold to play with their mates. If that doesn’t tell you something about their greed nothing will.

What if I told you…Spartan Ops could be disk locked content? All of it?

> > I doubt downloading the new episodes will require a live gold account, maybe you can download with just silver?
>
> You clearly haven’t been keeping an eye on Microsoft’s business practices, they charge for anything they can.
>
> They wanted Bungie to drop splitscreen support in Halo Reach so people would have to buy the game and Xbox Live Gold to play with their mates. If that doesn’t tell you something about their greed nothing will.

Sauce?

MS agreed to free weekly content with Spartan Ops. I’m fed up of all this immature corporation-bashing.

> > I doubt downloading the new episodes will require a live gold account, maybe you can download with just silver?
>
> You clearly haven’t been keeping an eye on Microsoft’s business practices, they charge for anything they can.
>
> They wanted Bungie to drop splitscreen support in Halo Reach so people would have to buy the game and Xbox Live Gold to play with their mates. If that doesn’t tell you something about their greed nothing will.

Wait, as in microsoft the person? or the people working for microsoft?
you know, a few people at microsoft may not be so greedy, but they can’t do anything to lower prices and other stuff…

> Wait, as in microsoft the person? or the people working for microsoft?
> you know, a few people at microsoft may not be so greedy, but they can’t do anything to lower prices and other stuff…

As in Microsoft the corporation.

The only tech company worse than Microsoft is Apple.

I was thinking along the oines of what Gerabox and Rockstar did for Borderlans And GTA.
When and If 343i get finaished doing all those miisions, they could put it on a disc, so that it could sell on retail, and charge a low price for it.

> > How will those without Live, such as my self, experience Spartan Ops? This question could define whether or not I, and many others, buy Halo 4. one of the appealing things about firefight was that you didn’t need live and you got the same thing as those with live. So please, if you can answer my question, I will be much indebted.
> > Many thanks,
> > Ratheld
>
> I have a feeling it may be released in a “patch” of sorts that you mat be able to get off a modding site (not gonna name any. Find them yourself), and then chuck on your USB/HDD and play away.
>
> OR
>
> It may be that they use “patches” to unlock them for us on XBL, but then you get them all from the start offline (sort of like how unlocking weapons in CoD BO works. You have them all offline, but gotta unlock em online).

But then you could just ruin the story for everyone who has live. So no, everyone needs to gain access to the missions at the same time.