Question on the Flat Tire challenge.

What map would be the best to attempt this challenge in because the only map I know that has vehicles is the one with the banshees and those never counted toward the challenge any other time the challenge was up.

The challenge is killing 5 enemy vehicles in firefight.

Installation 04, the banshees counted for me last challenge like this. Other than that, probably beach head or corvet.

The installation banshees should count. I’ve got five in one FF before. It must have been an error last time, it did the same thing for my buddy once. Not much you can do when they don’t count.

Beachhead has the occasional wraith. Dropships sometimes drop ghosts in various maps. So playing for player and using a snipe helps. There are more appearing but also more people shooting at them …

Holdout, Snipers or Rockets in Score Attack.

Although, the Banshees showing up are totally random. Sometimes you get six in 10 minutes, sometimes you get none.

The trick with the banshees is actually destroying the vehicle itself rather than killing the driver first. If taking out a banshee isn’t counting for you, it’s probably because you killed the driver first somehow.

I like Sniper Attack on Holdout. I just leave some of the grunts alive and wait for banshees. Rinse and repeat until the challenge is done. Installation 04 would be good for that too.

Good luck. It’s a pretty sucky challenge in general but at least it’s only 5. :stuck_out_tongue:

The map that drops vehicles every 2 seconds for me is Beachhead. A Wraith or Ghost drops every round at least. I’ve gotten quite a few vehicular challenges completed on that map.

> The trick with the banshees is actually destroying the vehicle itself rather than killing the driver first. If taking out a banshee isn’t counting for you, it’s probably because you killed the driver first somehow.
>
> I like Sniper Attack on Holdout. I just leave some of the grunts alive and wait for banshees. Rinse and repeat until the challenge is done. Installation 04 would be good for that too.
>
> Good luck. It’s a pretty sucky challenge in general but at least it’s only 5. :stuck_out_tongue:

Totally forgot about the ‘killing the driver’ part, that is definitely the difference.

It’s also worth knowing that for some reason on 2x score attack the vehicles only count as kills not as vehicle kills (I found that out by checking my commendations before and after).
I usually go for holdout or installation 04 sniper attack to get the flat tire challange.
Hope that helps.

> It’s also worth knowing that for some reason on 2x score attack the vehicles only count as kills not as vehicle kills (I found that out by checking my commendations before and after).
> I usually go for holdout or installation 04 sniper attack to get the flat tire challange.
> Hope that helps.

It’s because the enemy dies before the vehicle. Enemies have like %50 health in 2X SA, so they go down well before the vehicles usually. I killed the driver of a wraith once then got still got the vehicle kill because the gunner was still on it.

The glacier map might work well to, not sure though.

2x score attack don’t count when you blow up banshees. If vehicles drop in 2x score attack you usually only get it if you blow them up with explosives like plasma grenades, or human/covenant heavy weapons. If you shoot the vehicles with weapons like the dmr it tends to kill the driver first. Best thing is to play arcade on installation 04 or holdout, or gruntpocalypse on installation 04 and blow up banshees with plasma launchers droped by grunts, shoot turrets that are being operated by grunts/brutes/elites, or do rocket/sniper attack on installation 04 or holdout.

the Wraiths in 2x score attack can be blown up and have it count as a “Grounded” kill if u fire a rocket rite on the very top of the wraith.

best maps by far for banshee kills is Installation04 with 4 to 9 banshee’s if ur lucky with the bonus “Grounded” kill if a covie uses the turret.

Holdout which gives 3 to 6 banshee’s depending on your luck.

Beachhead can give you up to 8 to 9 ground vehicles per game in FF arcade, left phantom always drops 1 ghost, middle phantom always drops 1 Wraith and the very far right the Phantom 9/10 drops a Wraith, if you see a grunt driving the Ghost then shoot it down with rockets, fuel rod or even just nade it or board it because you will kill the grunt 1st with the sniper unless you can hit the side of the ghost where its a one hit kill.

If you shoot the Ghost and you only kill the Grunt make sure u will blow up the Ghost or no more Ghosts will be dropped by the phantoms.

One other thing you can do on that map is take the Ghost thats already on there and leave it in the middle of the map and one of the grunts or Elites will drive it around.

Glacier is another map which could be a great map for vehicle kills if your lucky, ive had games on there where i have had 2 vehicle kills and then other games where i have had 8 vehicle kills.

ive also noticed lately that the Plasma Launcher is great for taking down any Ghost or Wraith before they drop or land.

Another 1490 i think and l’ll have that damn commendation to Onyx

hope that helps ya :slight_smile:

Wraiths + Ghosts on Beachhead arcadefight

FF Limited on Beachhead…I’ve killed 15 wraiths in a single game.