Question of the day: The Banshee

what do you people think about halo 4s banshee compared to previous games?

The Sniper obliterates it.

But is otherwise fine for the most part. A good pilot can last a long time without dominating the entire match.

However, could use a slightly health buff.

Halo CE: Decent

Halo 3: Pretty damn good

Halo Reach: Awesome

Halo 4: Eh

> <mark>The Sniper obliterates it.</mark>
>
> But is otherwise fine for the most part. A good pilot can last a long time without dominating the entire match.
>
> However, could use a slightly health buff.

Because the Banshee in Halo 4 is made out of foam…

Please…I can blow the banshees out of the sky with a Sniper.

I like the new details put into the physical appearance of the vehicle, but it so sluggish to fly. Even the halo 3 Banshie didn’t feel so labored in all of its movements.

I’m an aircraft style guy, but the Halo 4 Banshie just doesn’t invite me to fly it in the way I was in previous titles.

Halo 4 Banshees are made out of plastic. The Halo 3 Banshees were pure metal or titanium.

CE: awesome
H2: decent
H3: good for MP, crap in Campaign
ODST: just a better H3 Banshee
Reach: overpowered, but agile
H4: slightly better than H3

My favorite will always be CE, since I could outstrafe AI Banshees and actually land hits with the fuel rod cannon in an aerial MP fight.

Instead of a health buff vehicles should just be near immune to gun fire. It makes sense that they should be bullet proof.

> Instead of a health buff vehicles should just be near immune to gun fire. It makes sense that they should be bullet proof.

In a game like Halo 3 this would be fine.

But in Halo 4 power weapons aren’t common on the map, and you aren’t always guaranteed to get an anti-vehicle weapon in ordnance.

A Halo Reach banshee clone with a Evade nerf.

The only changes to the Reach Banshee is a small pause after each evade. Just enough time to put 2 or 3 shots. That’s about it.

A good half second pause after every bomb and flippy.

So after a flip, can’t flip again till half a second later
After a flip, can’t bomb till half a second later
After a bomb, can’t flip till half a second later

But health, speed and damage… Reach banshee will do. Just needs those pauses so people can actually fight back against it.

its fine. yes it is weak to dmr and snipers. but with a good pilot in a coordinated group that isnt an issue. as soon as the banshee flushes them all out your dmr users need to pick them off and distract them. once that is going on the banshee can tear them up.

the biggest problem is lack of coordination and impatience. nothing wrong with the actual banshee itself.

Let me guess: I just like all the versions of the Banshee in all Halo games up to #4.

> what do you people think about halo 4s banshee compared to previous games?

It was brilliant before reach, then reach got shredded by sniper, then in H4 it became paper, completly useless.

The new Banshee’s tricks are suicidal. I only seem to be able to use the boost for effective evasion.

I have had a little recent success with the Banshee provided I always run away far and fast whenever I start to take any fire whatsoever.

> > <mark>The Sniper obliterates it.</mark>
> >
> > But is otherwise fine for the most part. A good pilot can last a long time without dominating the entire match.
> >
> > However, could use a slightly health buff.
>
> Because <mark>very vehicle in asides from the Mantis</mark> in Halo 4 is made out of foam…

Fixed that for you.

The Banshee in Halo 4 is slightly better than the one in Reach, since it’s not super overpowering anymore, but now it kind of treats on the side of being too weak. The Halo 3 Banshee was by far the best for multiplayer, and it should serve as inspiration for the Halo 5 Banshee if you ask me.

It’s weak. I love banshees’, but when I can kill it using a boltshot, I’m pretty sure that the storm covenant are dirt poor enough to make them out of paper mache…

> It’s weak. I love banshees’, <mark>but when I can kill it using a boltshot</mark>, I’m pretty sure that the storm covenant are dirt poor enough to make them out of paper mache…

That would be so embarrassing to get taken out mid-flight by a Boltshot/Jetpack/Speed Boost combo.

Halo 2 banshee was the best in my opinion: not too strong, not too weak.

Halo 3’s was a little overpowered. It was too difficult to bring down without a laser, but still, not insanely OP.

Reach’s banshee was WAY overpowered, simply due to it’s ability to shoot a banshee bomb then immediately evade out of the way.

Halo 4’s is underpowered, as are all vehicles in the game. Now that everyone starts with a DMR, Plasma Pistol, and Jetpack, the thing is dead in no time.

> Halo CE: Decent
>
> Halo 3: Pretty damn good
>
> Halo Reach: Awesome
>
> <mark>Halo 4: Eh
[/quote]
</mark>i agree