Question: How Will The Multiplayer Section Work?

So how does it work? Is it similar to ODST where you have Campaign/Firefight/Custom on one disc and multiplayer on another or what?

Also, will the game include all multiplayer maps + the 6 new ones? Or do I need to buy reach and buy Halo CEA to ensure my multiplayer needs are satisfied?

Thanks, guys!

From what i know its one disc, I was a bit confused myself when it came to the map though.

1 disk
6 mm maps 1 ff
No other reach maps
If you want those maps too you need to install reach to your hdd other wise you can only play with those 7.

hdd?

Hard drive

ah… that sneaky second “d” confused me

Sneak sneaky…

> 1 disk
> If you want those maps too you need to install reach to your hdd other wise you can only play with those 7.

Was this confirmed?

The Halo: Reach maps will <mark>NOT</mark> be on the Anniversary Disk. Only the 7 new ones.

The Anniversary disk will have the 7 new maps. No other maps for multiplayer will be present. Clicking multiplayer will take you to a similar or same menu that you see for Halo: Reach Multiplayer.

You will be given the opportunity to install the maps on your HDD (The 7 Anniversary ones) and Halo: Reach will pick these up and add them to its list. Halo: Reach will then play be able to play all maps ever released for Halo: Reach.

I’m unaware and pretty sure installing Halo: Reach maps will not appear in the Anniversary disk. (This point is Unconfirmed though)

It is confirmed that the 7 Anniversary maps will be released for download via Marketplace, however it may cost you anywhere from 1200 to 1600 Microsoft points or even higher.

> > 1 disk
> > If you want those maps too you need to install reach to your hdd other wise you can only play with those 7.
>
> Was this confirmed?

> > 1 disk
> > If you want those maps too you need to install reach to your hdd other wise you can only play with those 7.
>
> Was this confirmed?

Yes, back at halofest.

They’re all on the CEA disc, but from my understanding you can download the maps to your Xbox so you can play Anniversary maps on Reach and vice versa.

So if I download Anniversary to my HDD, will my original Reach disk recognize the maps and seamlessly integrate them into the game? If yes, couldn’t I potentially just rent the game somewhere, download it, and then own the maps for cheap? Or will there be a unique code associated with the process? Also does anyone know the date the maps will be available on the marketplace? I’m assuming it’s after Anniversary’s release so you’ll buy the actual game, similar to Halo Wars and the Mythic Map Pack back in Halo 3.

It’s all on one disk. MP maps can be downloaded off the main menu for CE:A. If you don’t have Reach but have CE:A you can play the new maps and only these new maps on a specific playlist. You won’t have access to most of Reach’s MM playlists.

If you don’t want CE:A for whatever reason, you can download the new maps as DLC later on. Later as in shortly after CE:A is released. This has been confirmed by 343/MS already, i ll have to go find the links for epic proof.

> So if I download Anniversary to my HDD, will my original Reach disk recognize the maps and seamlessly integrate them into the game? <mark>Yes it Will.</mark>
> If yes, couldn’t I potentially just rent the game somewhere, download it, and then own the maps for cheap? Or will there be a unique code associated with the process? <mark>Probably the code.</mark>
> Also does anyone know the date the maps will be available on the marketplace? I’m assuming it’s after Anniversary’s release so you’ll buy the actual game, similar to Halo Wars and the Mythic Map Pack back in Halo 3. <mark>After release, but no confirmation yet.</mark>

Thanks for the quick response. Got my fingers crossed for no code.

HDD = Hard Disk Drive.

I believe for the maps to work you have to have the game disk in to play them, even if the whole game is saved to your HDD. Why? just so it can see you actually have the game.

So if you want to play on the new maps in match making you’ll most likely have to have that CEA disk in your Box, and if you want to switch to the Reach maps you’ll need to pop Reach in.

Otherwise people would just become thieves and get all the maps from buddies without paying for them.

Guess what, if we want developers to keep making us games we need to pay them for their work, and not try to find work arounds to get it cheaper than we should.

If you like Halo, just pay for the dang disk.

Dan Ellis explained on twitter…

‘‘To have access to all multiplayer map via the anniversary disk, you need to put both Halo:Reach and Halo CE Anniversary in the disk tray so your xbox can read all the maps’’

> Dan Ellis explained on twitter…
>
> ‘‘To have access to all multiplayer map via the anniversary disk, you need to put both Halo:Reach and Halo CE Anniversary in the disk tray so your xbox can read all the maps’’

what the hell 2 discs in one tray ? o.O

I gave my Halo Reach disk away to a buddy a long time back so I just want to confirm all of this since I’ve been “Off the maps” for some time:

#1. To play Halo Reach Multiplayer you need Halo Reach and Halo Combat evolved is optional obviously. You install the Halo Reach maps on your Hard drive and then play Multiplayer via the new disk, correct?

#2. Has there been any changes in the playlists? I cannot locate any current playlists for Halo Reach (Bungie doesn’t list them or I’m missing it). Any link to the current list would be great. Thanks. I personnally only play Swat and Snipers, so I’m not going to go buy two games for $80 and a live card if I can’t play those.

Thanks,

> ah… that sneaky second “d” confused me

HD = High Definition
HDD= Hard Dive Disk

Nobodies D’s are sneaking around anywhere.