QUESTION FOR DMR AND BR MASTERS

Obviously I can’t control who posts on this topic, but I would like to answer a question for those who have the Master commendation for both the DMR and BR. Which one was harder to get and why?

For me it was definitely the BR. It is outclassed by the DMR in every category. Now I’m working on the lightrifle commendation and am just constantly getting owned by all the DMR users.

I created this post to get some feedback from those who have mastered more than one weapon. I just don’t like hearing those who only use the DMR say it’s not overpowered, and those just still in love with the BR say it is.

So… are you asking us a question, or just bragging?

I don’t know what to make of this. I am a DMR user, and i like using it b/c i like better accuracy. Using the BR screws up my aiming and is not to accurate with long range shots.

Took me longer to master DMR. I like the BR better in the game types I play most… Oddball, Team Regicide, Infinity Slayer, and Swat. Closer maps, closer encounters, so I prefer the BR.

I had to specifically choose to use the DMR to master it. Now to get the Carbine and Light Rifle…

looks like a pretty loaded question…

I have got BR master and DMR master. Both seemed pretty even to get, considering I play a lot of SWAT so my opinion may not be as valid.

BR only in small maps and you must search closed firefights.
Frag + BR is Halo :wink:

I missed out on Reach, so I was still in Awe with the BR from Halo 3, so it was the only weapon I used from launch. I had no problem using it, and mastered it rather quickly. After I mastered the BR I moved on to the DMR, so after using the BR exclusively using the DMR made me feel god like. Around this time I realized the DMR was pretty cheap. This was about the time I discovered the Waypoint Forum by googling “DMR over powered” and the countless posts on the subject confirmed my suspicions.

To answer your original question, DMR was much easier to master. As far as ordinance weapons go, the Stickey Detonator was very easy to master as was the SAW. I am on my way with the Rail Gun, using the Rail Gun is fun and easy, its only limiting factor in why I have not mastered it is the limited ammo and the frequency it appears in drops and spawns on maps.

> So… are you asking us a question, or just bragging?

That made me laugh.

> Took me longer to master DMR. I like the BR better in the game types I play most… Oddball, Team Regicide, Infinity Slayer, and Swat. Closer maps, closer encounters, so I prefer the BR.

I feel the BR throws off your opponents’ aim more than the DMR does.
Anyways, I agree with PPF Elite. If I play anything that isn’t BTB and I’m not playing on maps I don’t consider “big” I’ll use the BR. I think the BR’s great on Adrift. Lots of close quarters encounters. I wouldn’t personally use it on Complex for any game type though. Not sure what that map’s trying to be. It’s too big for 4v4 and it’s too small for 8v8. (And it’s not really balanced for CTF either.)

Oh well. I got sidetracked. I don’t have either mastery yet, but I think I’ll have more problems with weapons that aren’t UNSC.

I thought they were both pretty easy to get. The BR gets overlooked a lot because the DMR is a more deadly weapon, but that aside the BR is still a precision death machine once you take like 2 games adjusting to the recoil. Plus if you stick to just IS where 90% of the time you will be on Haven and with the small map size you can really make the most out of the BR. So I guess the answer to your question would be the DMR, but not by a significant margin.

> I missed out on Reach, so I was still in Awe with the BR from Halo 3, so it was the only weapon I used from launch. I had no problem using it, and mastered it rather quickly. After I mastered the BR I moved on to the DMR, so after using the BR exclusively using the DMR made me feel god like. Around this time I realized the DMR was pretty cheap. This was about the time I discovered the Waypoint Forum by googling “DMR over powered” and the countless posts on the subject confirmed my suspicions.
>
> To answer your original question, DMR was much easier to master. As far as ordinance weapons go, the Stickey Detonator was very easy to master as was the SAW. I am on my way with the Rail Gun, using the Rail Gun is fun and easy, its only limiting factor in why I have not mastered it is the limited ammo and the frequency it appears in drops and spawns on maps.

Thank you for your input. I was just the opposite. I started off with the DMR, and was thinking how much fun this game was and how I was a freaking BA at it. After I mastered it I went to the BR and struggled mightily. That’s when I realized that the DMR was overpowered compared to the other precision guns.

Right now I’m trying to master all the ordnance weapons too. I play Dominion a lot to do this, and right now the Laser is the hardest for me mostly because it’s frustrating to try and get spartan kills with this.

DMR, by far, is easier. I mastered that, and am on the last level for the BR. Stuck with me from Reach, but just wanted to finish it after seeing how different it was from the TU Reach DMR (and my discomfort for a big fat 14 rather than clean 15 is upsetting :P)
I haven’t played as much because of school and overall just discontent with the lack of playlists. However, the DMR, for sure, is over powered compared to the BR and way easier to get. However, I love the BR haha

Play SWAT.

That is all.

> So… are you asking us a question, or just bragging?

I tell everyone to learn to aim…

The DMR is much easier to use.

The Light Rifle has a relatively steep learning curve if you’re used to the DMR, but I think I do pretty well with it now.

I stopped using the DMR, and I must say that I’m having more fun with the game now.

I like the BR in most situations. It definitely isn’t a long range weapon, but I love it for smallish maps.