Question for Admins and Mods

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Was trying to do a legit code trade… got this from an admin.

“Trading threads have had their times, and are no longer allowed on the forums. Please do this privately; not on the public forums.”

so my question to the admins and mods is…

So how does one go about this privately ?

Considering it is impossible to solicit w/ the community in a private fashion w/out creating threads like the one I made I am confused on how to accomplish this.

Please explain on how it is possible to approach this w/out having an admin close my thread.

use the PM or Private messaging system

link to my closed thread
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm1860884_Trading-Locus-for-Deadeye.aspx#post1860884

> use the PM or Private messaging system

this does not solve the problem

it does not give me the opportunity to find a trading partner

with that logic, i should be PM’ing every member of the waypoint forums w/ this trade option/request

I imagine this thread will get locked, but I did catch that thread and I noticed the logic error of doing trades via PM. There’s no way to find a trade partner that way, and if you just spam random people asking for trades you’re likely to get reported for spamming PMs.

> I imagine this thread will get locked, but I did catch that thread and I noticed the logic error of doing trades via PM. There’s no way to find a trade partner that way, and if you just spam random people asking for trades you’re likely to get reported for spamming PMs.

exactly, the admins are setting us up for a lose lose situation w/ this.

this forum used to have a dedicated thread for this sort of a thing but some genius decided to get rid of and and also decided to lock down the community trade threads… awesome logic 343.

The trading thread has gone, so I assume trading publicly is a no, no now.

Haha! This made me chuckle.
Well, that’s a logic fail right there.
Still, trading threads aren’t allowed. Gotta find a different place to do it. Raptr or other gaming communities/forums might be the place.

Maybe check out the official Xbox.com forums and see if they allow that over there?

im sure they are, i know gamefaqs allows it as well, its just a high change of getting scammed by another user there, where as considering this is the halo 343 forum i would have expected a little more reliability w/ the community here

apparently the admins are thread notsees and will close anything they don’t like and have deemed censor worthy

America may still have free speech, but 343 and its waypoint forums do not apparently

what is a trade thread harming? why is this an irritation to 343?

why did 343 have its own trade thread to only close it down?

… i miss Bungie.

i suppose another option would be to post trade idea’s in other members already created random threads, just hoping that someone reads it and responds

but that would just be disturbing to those threads… not to mention really annoying for everyone

and would probably get those threads closed, and get reported for being a spammer

> Maybe check out the official Xbox.com forums and see if they allow that over there?

Nope, code trading over at Xbox.com (forums.xbox.com) isn’t allowed.

> > Maybe check out the official Xbox.com forums and see if they allow that over there?
>
> Nope, code trading over at Xbox.com (forums.xbox.com) isn’t allowed.

Hmm. Then I dunno, maybe there’s a legality issue?