Question about TU bloom.

I cant seem to find any info regarding what 85% bloom on the DMR actually does… probably a silly question but its really bugging me, what would this actually do? reward pacing and punish spammer’s as intended or just simply allow you to spam faster?

The amount of bloom you get now is a 100%, what will be in TU well at least what they’ll try first is 85%.
That means the amount of bloom will be lower, bullets won’t spread of quite as large an area.

Whether this is an improvement or not is something people have different opinions about.

When you stop thinking about “punishing” and “rewarding” players, you will begin to remember what it was like to play CE. :wink:

As for 85% bloom, you’re able to engage enemies up close, and on individual bases, much more easily with the modifications.
The 85% system is not punishing, nor rewarding players for firing rapidly. It is preventing all-range rapid firing of the DMR, yet is allowing the DMR to be used much more effectively across all ranges.

Pretty much the 85% bloom will cause the DMR to be more BR like. Not in exact function but how the weapon fits into the sandbox.

Luckily the NR will be even MORE powerful than the DMR with 85% bloom. So while DMR starts and human weapon gametypes will feel more “Haloish,” the NR, if added into the 85% mix, will become a heavy, near power, precision weapon.
Which is kinda funny as the BR was the heavy precision weapon before, and though the bloom changes make the DMR more BR-like, the changes also effect the AR, Pistol and NR.
The AR becomes more CQB friendly with slightly longer burst action for mid-range.
The Pistol becomes more medium-range friendly while becoming slightly more powerful in CQB. Against the AR’s change… I don’t know. Too close or too far, the Pistol dominates. The AR has a nice niche against the Pistol and I can’t properly speculate as to how the changes have effected that niche.
And the NR becomes a complete game dominate’r because of its ROF and precision. A pair of Spartans with NRs… O…M…G!!! 0% and even 85% bloom makes that weapon just devastating.

> The amount of bloom you get now is a 100%, what will be in TU well at least what they’ll try first is 85%.
> That means the amount of bloom will be lower, bullets won’t spread of quite as large an area.
>
> Whether this is an improvement or not is something people have different opinions about.

Yeah, IMO less bloom = faster gameplay = good thing.

Melee bleedthroguh = buff to AR close range = faster gameplay = good thing.

Less bloom = smaller circle, so 85% bloom = reduce the circle at max bloom by 15%. Seems marginally small but enough imo to reduce close range fight luck factor by quite a bit.

since when spamming the RT have become such a SIN .

> since when spamming the RT have become such a SIN .

in my personal opinion i agree wit this,

but looking to see what others think, i can see the frustration of timing your shots getting more rewards, but bloom was implemetned badly into the game so even spamming gets lucky 60% of the time.

Lowering the bloom to 85% makes getting a hit with the DMR more about aim than luck. I think its going to be good for the game.

I have a question. As of now in Reach, when you crouch with the DMR you have 30% less bloom (or something around there) but after the update will it still subtract 30% for a crouch shot? Meaning your bloom would be at 55%?

idk I’m just tryin to play without bloom. Pacing shots is NOT skill.

> I have a question. As of now in Reach, when you crouch with the DMR you have 30% less bloom (or something around there) but after the update will it still subtract 30% for a crouch shot? Meaning your bloom would be at 55%?
>
> idk I’m just tryin to play without bloom. Pacing shots is NOT skill.

That’s not how percent work you can’t just subtract it :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s see if I can put in to words how it will turn it…

When crouching you have 30% less bloom, that is 70% of the full bloom while standing.

When you play in the Beta playlists that will be using 85% bloom the bloom you have while firing normally will be 85% of what you currently get.

When you in these new playlists crouch it will be 70% of that new bloom (70% of 87%), to help illustrate this, while crouching with the new bloom you will get 59,5% as much bloom as you get while firing standing now before the TU.

Hope that clears it up.

Also, I’d say there is definitely some skill to being able to pace your shots just as aiming properly is a “skill”, it of course isnt all that “skill” is about, but being able to pace shots with the DMR is a skill that can be useful, although less so after the the TU as bloom will not have as big of an effect.

Thanks for all the replies :slight_smile:

After testing Zero bloom im looking forward to see how 85% performs. Hopefully it creates a larger skillgap.