Question about the Unidentified Vessel in CEA

I know this topic was talked about prior to the release of Halo 4, but now that we’ve found out what we could from Halo 4 I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or opinions on the Unidentified Vessel that guilty spark encountered on the Halo CEA terminals.

I really am fascinated by it, particularly because it wasn’t forerunner and could not have been human or covenant because the event happened around 40,000 bc.

I truly believe this will have an effect on the future halo universe and i am interested to hear your thoughts.

Well it had some of the same symbols found on Requiem and on a plate found on Composer (the level). They were Forerunner, probably Daigon. That said the Primordial spoke in Daigon, so it could still be Precursor, but it seems Forerunner in origin now.

How could they be forerunner? the rings had fired (destroying the forerunners), the didact imprisoned and guilty spark seemed to believe they were a species who were reseeded. As for the forerunner symbols, that could be due to the studying of forerunner relics on their homeworld, similar to what happened with the covenant.

It could be the precursors but I would have thought by now they would much more advanced.

The key here is the glyphs seen in the terminal video. They appear to be very much the same as those used by the Prometheans in Halo 4. Have a look and compare. So the occupants have had contact with Forerunners. Could be anchient humans. Also GS makes a comment that the occupants could have been originally cataloged on his ring. We know humans were on the rings. Also the primordial Spoke to the didact in anchient Forerunner.

> How could they be forerunner? the rings had fired (destroying the forerunners), the didact imprisoned and guilty spark seemed to believe they were a species who were reseeded.

Not all the Forerunner were killed by the Halos as an unknown number of Forerunner survived and left the Galaxy post activation and where they went is unknown. The Encyclopedia says they left the Orion Arm but also that they left the Galaxy in general. The Librarian’s statements in the final Halo 4 Terminal mentions that the Didact was to be left behind as the “only living thing in this Galaxy” so it is likely the survivors did in fact leave the Galaxy outright.

> As for the forerunner symbols, that could be due to the studying of forerunner relics on their homeworld, similar to what happened with the covenant.

The only problem here is that the Covenant did in fact adopt Forerunner symbols but none of them include the symbols found in the CEA Terminals or Halo 4. They also do not match the symbols seen in Halo Wars, which also appear in various locations in Spartan Ops and the end of every CEA Terminal. Although the Covenant curiously don’t contain those symbols either.

I theorize that these symbols are a written form of Jagon and these symbols are a written form of the more archaic Digon.

> It could be the precursors but I would have thought by now they would much more advanced.

They were advanced when you consider the time they appeared. The ship in question was a space faring vessel which appeared only 60,000 years after the Rings fired. To put that in perspective, it would take Humanity and the Covenant another 40,000 years before they reached that level of advancement. One has to wonder how much more advanced these people have become in the continuing 40,000 years leading to the 26th century. Are they still around? Who are they?

I do believe they have some connection to the Precursors but they may not be Precursors themselves. Perhaps they are another creation of the Precursors? The next race already prepared in case the Humans fail the test and need to be replaced? Humans existed before the Forerunner were to be wiped out after their failure so it’s possible another race exists in case we need to be wiped out.

If they were in fact broadcasting in an older Forerunner dialect, it would help reinforce their connection to the Precursors since the Primordial spoke to the Ur-Didact in that language. It may have been the language they originally spoke during the time the Precursors ruled the Galaxy.

> How could they be forerunner? the rings had fired (destroying the forerunners), the didact imprisoned and guilty spark seemed to believe they were a species who were reseeded. As for the forerunner symbols, that could be due to the studying of forerunner relics on their homeworld, similar to what happened with the covenant.
>
> It could be the precursors but I would have thought by now they would much more advanced.

Yes well the forerunner are not extinct, I highly doubt that the Didact is the last remaining forerunner.

I hope they’re a whole new species. I highly doubt that 343i just put them in for poops and giggles.