Question about the Race Track

Well actually it is two. What is the purpose of the gigantic race track at the end of the game. I have wondered this since I first played the game 10 years ago. Also, what happens in between Halo 1 and 2. How is the chief found? Answers are appreciated.

The purpose of the 'Hog run sequence at the end of the game was b/c Chief and Cortana needed to get off the Pillar of Autumn before it exploded. A Warthog was the fastest way to do that since no ships were nearby. Although, still to this day we can’t explain why the inside of the ship was built the way it was.

What happens between Halo 1 and 2 is revealed through the novel Halo: First Strike by Eric Nylund.

> The purpose of the 'Hog run sequence at the end of the game was b/c Chief and Cortana needed to get off the Pillar of Autumn before it exploded. A Warthog was the fastest way to do that since no ships were nearby. Although, still to this day we can’t explain why the inside of the ship was built the way it was.
>
> What happens between Halo 1 and 2 is revealed through the novel Halo: First Strike by Eric Nylund.

Awesome thanks. I knew the reason he had to scram i just could never figure out the logic behind designing the ship in such an odd manner lol

The Pillar of Autumn Conundrum It’s funny that everything but that level is highly detailed in scale and logical.

> What happens between Halo 1 and 2 is revealed through the novel Halo: First Strike by Eric Nylund.

If poorly written fanfiction published as a novel is your thing that is.

> The Pillar of Autumn Conundrum It’s funny that everything but that level is highly detailed in scale and logical.
>
>
>
> > What happens between Halo 1 and 2 is revealed through the novel Halo: First Strike by Eric Nylund.
>
> If poorly written fanfiction published as a novel is your thing that is.

I wouldn’t call a novel commissioned by Bungie/Microsoft as “fan fiction”. And if you want to talk about badly written, take a look at “Halo: The Flood”.

It’s not stellar but it’s better than anything nylund -Yoink- out.

> Well actually it is two. What is the purpose of the gigantic race track at the end of the game. I have wondered this since I first played the game 10 years ago. Also, what happens in between Halo 1 and 2. How is the chief found? Answers are appreciated.

You doubt the existence of the epic hog run at the end of Halo CE?

HERETIC!

[/quote]
You doubt the existence of the epic hog run at the end of Halo CE?

HERETIC!
[/quote]
Haha 1 +