Question about the Grunt Goblin...

The Polygon article revealing the Goblin stated,

“One strategy for taking out a Goblin is to demolish the pilot’s canopy. Players will have moments to take out the Grunt inside before it regenerates.”

Now, I have never managed to do this. Has anyone been able to take out the canopy and kill the grunt inside?

Just wondering.

Edit: Just did it today in Firefight. It takes time and patience. Or, in my case, an Endgame Spartan Laser.

I’ve never personally seen it drop, but then, I’m usually bombarding it from way far away with a turret, vehicle turret or rockets so…

I haven’t managed it but saw a clip. Try using beam rifle.

I’ve seen the canopy change color, but never pop. Maybe not enough concentrated fire? Usually in the few games I’ve played so far, only one or two people are focusing on the mega-grunt. Rest are usually killing the pops/ghosts…or dead. As far as I know, so far the main weak point is the large thruster on the back of the head, directly behind the pilot.

PS: The grunt pilot’s lines during the fight just put a huge grin on my face when I first heard them

I did do this once while I was using a hybrid br, the canopy went down and I got a headshot on the grunt

> 2533274977152039;5:
> I did do this once while I was using a hybrid br, the canopy went down and I got a headshot on the grunt

To bad you couldn’t hi-jack the suit.

Maybe it’s like assassinating warden, try getting his health down to 10 or 25% and hitting him in the back

I have never seen the canopy pop unfortunately

> 2533274971565732;7:
> Maybe it’s like assassinating warden, try getting his health down to 10 or 25% and hitting him in the back

Except the Goblin has that EMP stomp/blast for when anything gets too close, so you would have to have some good timing…if it’s possible at all.

> 2533274834066497;6:
> > 2533274977152039;5:
> > I did do this once while I was using a hybrid br, the canopy went down and I got a headshot on the grunt
>
>
> To bad you couldn’t hi-jack the suit.

That would be awesome…