Question about Reach service record

I’ve noticed that on the sunsetting 360 game photo, it says that Reach’s service record will no longer be available after this year… I’m confused by this. Does this mean I won’t be able to access the in-game service record, at all? Does anyone knew of any responses from 343i clarifying this? Perhaps I’m just missing something, but I sure hope we’ll be able to access it and all of its stats going forward.

Any info is welcome, thanks!

> 2533274857902238;1:
> I’ve noticed that on the sunsetting 360 game photo, it says that Reach’s service record will no longer be available after this year… I’m confused by this. Does this mean I won’t be able to access the in-game service record, at all? Does anyone knew of any responses from 343i clarifying this? Perhaps I’m just missing something, but I sure hope we’ll be able to access it and all of its stats going forward.
>
> Any info is welcome, thanks!

As far as I know, at this stage the only confirmation we have is that image and it strongly suggests that we won’t be able to access it anymore since it’s controlled by the server. Similar to when there is server maintenance or an issue with it and you can’t access it or how everyone’s rank and armor resets to recruit/default etc.

Here is an old topic about this issue. Not sure what else they could remove if all the detailed stats are already gone but the waypoint stats definitely haven’t been updated in a long time. It says i’ve never played reach or halo 3 but have 100% in both games lol.
anyway i hope you find the answers you’re looking for.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/cdecc00475c645b9a4d0a156fb542d59/topics/halo-reach-detailed-web-stats-retirement---3-1-18/b5e734e7-2b16-448b-b5ee-8b2f6714bc65/posts

> 2533275019357130;2:
> > 2533274857902238;1:
> > I’ve noticed that on the sunsetting 360 game photo, it says that Reach’s service record will no longer be available after this year… I’m confused by this. Does this mean I won’t be able to access the in-game service record, at all? Does anyone knew of any responses from 343i clarifying this? Perhaps I’m just missing something, but I sure hope we’ll be able to access it and all of its stats going forward.
> >
> > Any info is welcome, thanks!
>
> As far as I know, at this stage the only confirmation we have is that image and it strongly suggests that we won’t be able to access it anymore since it’s controlled by the server. Similar to when there is server maintenance or an issue with it and you can’t access it or how everyone’s rank and armor resets to recruit/default etc.

Gotcha. I remember those server issues actually, too. Hopefully we’ll get official clarification on the issue, thanks for the input!

> 2533274999835288;3:
> Here is an old topic about this issue. Not sure what else they could remove if all the detailed stats are already gone but the waypoint stats definitely haven’t been updated in a long time. It says i’ve never played reach or halo 3 but have 100% in both games lol.
> anyway i hope you find the answers you’re looking for.
>
> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/cdecc00475c645b9a4d0a156fb542d59/topics/halo-reach-detailed-web-stats-retirement---3-1-18/b5e734e7-2b16-448b-b5ee-8b2f6714bc65/posts

Oh man, I somehow missed this! I had no idea they stopped tracking stats on Waypoint, too. That’s a bummer. I have an emotional connection to the stat-tracking, it feels tied to all my history with the legacy games.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Reach is horrible. Everything about it.

one thing is sure, you won’t be able to play online on this game, so logically nothing will be synchronized on it anymore.

I think they’ll let you view stats but after that date nothing new can track since they’re disabling the online.

> 2533274860712851;7:
> one thing is sure, you won’t be able to play online on this game, so logically nothing will be synchronized on it anymore.

Right yeah, I expected that to be the case, just was curious if they’d confirm that we’d be unable to access even the non-live service record.

> 2533274856239841;8:
> I think they’ll let you view stats but after that date nothing new can track since they’re disabling the online.

I hope that’s the case! Crossing my fingers we get some kind of confirmation either way before December.

> 2533274857902238;9:
> > 2533274860712851;7:
> > one thing is sure, you won’t be able to play online on this game, so logically nothing will be synchronized on it anymore.
>
> Right yeah, I expected that to be the case, just was curious if they’d confirm that we’d be unable to access even the non-live service record.

after that it’s a pity that the stats are already not synchronized because he could have waited to close the servers to do that.