Question about how the SoF got to the Ark

One of the biggest unanswered questions in Halo Wars 2 is who brought the Spirit of Fire to the Ark? Someone on the Ark had to have opened a slipspace portal, know where the SoF was, and bring them to the installation. It wasn’t Isabel, as she would’ve said, same with Atriox (though not to the heroes). So, who wast it?? Like many, I believe it was Mendicant Bias who brought them there. The problem if this is true, why hasn’t he contacted the crew? Who do you think brought them to the Ark, and do you think this question was be answered?

> 2533274840469109;1:
> One of the biggest unanswered questions in Halo Wars 2 is who brought the Spirit of Fire to the Ark? Someone on the Ark had to have opened a slipspace portal, know where the SoF was, and bring them to the installation. It wasn’t Isabel, as she would’ve said, same with Atriox (though not to the heroes). So, who wast it?? Like many, I believe it was Mendicant Bias who brought them there. The problem if this is true, why hasn’t he contacted the crew? Who do you think brought them to the Ark, and do you think this question was be answered?

If it is answered it will be in halo 6,it’s a huge plot hole and hopefully it actually is answered

> 2533274830166194;2:
> > 2533274840469109;1:
> >
>
> If it is answered it will be in halo 6,it’s a huge plot hole and hopefully it actually is answered

To me it seems to be too glaring a plot hole to be accidental, and that it is definitely pertinent to the progressing story, just it wasn’t directly needed to push the Halo Wars 2 story forward.
I agree with OP.
I think this is something that we’ll see culminate in H6.

> 2533274851997977;3:
> > 2533274830166194;2:
> > > 2533274840469109;1:
> > >
> >
> > If it is answered it will be in halo 6,it’s a huge plot hole and hopefully it actually is answered
>
> To me it seems to be too glaring a plot hole to be accidental, and that it is definitely pertinent to the progressing story, just it wasn’t directly needed to push the Halo Wars 2 story forward.
> I agree with OP.
> I think this is something that we’ll see culminate in H6.

I would agree that it wasn’t needed to progress the story,I just wished it was answered somehow whether it be a cutscene or phoenix log

Mendicant Bias. The Ark has systems for pulling and pushing ships to and from it, this was done to redirect Flood-infected ships(this is what he used to redirect the Forward Unto Dawn toward Requiem), and last we checked the portion of Mendicant Bias on the Forerunner dreadnought reunited with the portion left on the Ark.

It’s also theorized that Mendicant Bias is responsible for Yayap starting the Grunt Rebellion in order to tip the scales somewhat in the SoF’s favor.

Though they tend to avoid talking about Mendicant Bias in the games, they’ve made it pretty obvious he plays a significant role - but they keep him mysterious by never blatantly bringing him to the forefront. He’s been sort’ve in the shadows manipulating things for ages, with his first in-game reference being in Halo 2, when Cortana is in High Charity’s systems.

> “I’ll do what I can to slow the launch sequence, but there’s something inside the ship…a presence that’s fighting back. For a Covenant construct, it’s unusually formidable.” - Cortana

> 2533274830166194;2:
> > 2533274840469109;1:
> > One of the biggest unanswered questions in Halo Wars 2 is who brought the Spirit of Fire to the Ark? Someone on the Ark had to have opened a slipspace portal, know where the SoF was, and bring them to the installation. It wasn’t Isabel, as she would’ve said, same with Atriox (though not to the heroes). So, who wast it?? Like many, I believe it was Mendicant Bias who brought them there. The problem if this is true, why hasn’t he contacted the crew? Who do you think brought them to the Ark, and do you think this question was be answered?
>
> If it is answered it will be in halo 6,it’s a huge plot hole and hopefully it actually is answered

I wouldn’t classify it as a plot hole yet, because it’s acknowledged within the narrative that there is no way the SOF got to the Ark on its own. It’s more of a tease of something to come. So hopefully Halo 6 will have the answers.

They could have just drifted in space to the ark, implying that the sheild world in wars 1 was close to the ark. But it could’ve also been mendicant bias, putting some plan into action.

> 2533274884428938;7:
> They could have just drifted in space to the ark, implying that the sheild world in wars 1 was close to the ark. But it could’ve also been mendicant bias, putting some plan into action.

They couldn’t have just drifted. They make it clear in the beginning that a slipspace portal opened up and brought them there. I believe it’s MB who hopes to atone for his sins and prepare Humanity for the inevitable return of the Flood.

> 2533274840469109;8:
> > 2533274884428938;7:
> > They could have just drifted in space to the ark, implying that the sheild world in wars 1 was close to the ark. But it could’ve also been mendicant bias, putting some plan into action.
>
> They couldn’t have just drifted. They make it clear in the beginning that a slipspace portal opened up and brought them there. I believe it’s MB who hopes to atone for his sins and prepare Humanity for the inevitable return of the Flood.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the slipspace portal, and that would make sense for MB to want to prepare humanity for the return of the flood.

> 2533274884428938;9:
> > 2533274840469109;8:
> > > 2533274884428938;7:
> > >
> >
> > They couldn’t have just drifted. They make it clear in the beginning that a slipspace portal opened up and brought them there. I believe it’s MB who hopes to atone for his sins and prepare Humanity for the inevitable return of the Flood.
>
> Oh yeah, I forgot about the slipspace portal, and that would make sense for MB to want to prepare humanity for the return of the flood.

I mean, that goes without saying. Every single thing Mendicant has tried so far has been in an attempt to prepare the galaxy for the Flood’s return. It just… hasn’t always worked out.

He tried to leave his imprisonment on the Ark to arrive at Humanity to help guide them, but ended up crashing on the prophet homeworld, giving them a Forerunner dreadnaught that would be used to travel the galaxy and form the Covenant. He tried to teach them to build plasma weapons since those are effective at burning Flood. Sadly, those weapons were instead used against humanity. He tried to inform the prophets’ of humanity’s true-reclaimer-status, but the prophets kept it a secret and began mass-genocide to hide it. He tried to redirect the Forward Unto Dawn to Requiem, in the hopes that the Didact, as per the Librarian’s plan, would be willing and able to guide Humanity into reclaiming the Mantle. That didn’t go well either.

maybe they entered some kind of worm hole or rip in slipspace when the portal was tampered with. idk