Question About Halo Infinite

  1. Well coming from a person who like to mod maps will forge in be in Halo Infinite? ( PC Version )
    2. Will there be a CGB?
  2. Will there be any Didi Server Software?
    That’s all I want to know Halo Infinite! If not I won’t get it!

You may want to post this in the Halo Infinite forum instead of MCC’s

> 2535452387883664;2:
> You may want to post this in the Halo Infinite forum instead of MCC’s

OK thanks will do

> 2535409080107840;1:
> 1. Well coming from a person who like to mod maps will forge in be in Halo Infinite? ( PC Version )
> 2. Will there be a CGB?
> 3. Will there be any Didi Server Software?
> That’s all I want to know Halo Infinite! If not I won’t get it!

  • Forge has been confirmed - as long ago as 2019 IIRC - I don’t know if a CGB is confirmed, but likewise I see MCC as a live testbed for Infinite so my assumption would be yes but perhaps not at launch? - Dedicated servers… don’t know. Again I’m seeing MCC as a testbed here, but given that Halo 5 had it… maybe?

I agree with Morsey and although the latter two aren’t confirmed I would have to bet on having dedicated servers for Infinite with what they are trying to do overall and Forge will be bigger and better than ever.

> 2533274874872263;4:
> > 2535409080107840;1:
> > 1. Well coming from a person who like to mod maps will forge in be in Halo Infinite? ( PC Version )
> > 2. Will there be a CGB?
> > 3. Will there be any Didi Server Software?
> > That’s all I want to know Halo Infinite! If not I won’t get it!
>
> - Forge has been confirmed - as long ago as 2019 IIRC - I don’t know if a CGB is confirmed, but likewise I see MCC as a live testbed for Infinite so my assumption would be yes but perhaps not at launch? - Dedicated servers… don’t know. Again I’m seeing MCC as a testbed here, but given that Halo 5 had it… maybe?

> 2533274833071719;5:
> I agree with Morsey and although the latter two aren’t confirmed I would have to bet on having dedicated servers for Infinite with what they are trying to do overall and Forge will be bigger and better than ever.

Indeed. One point about a CGB… I don’t necessarily see a huge demand at launch because people will need time to build up the base of Forged maps and modes to make it worthwhile.

> 2533274874872263;6:
> > 2533274874872263;4:
> > > 2535409080107840;1:
> > > 1. Well coming from a person who like to mod maps will forge in be in Halo Infinite? ( PC Version )
> > > 2. Will there be a CGB?
> > > 3. Will there be any Didi Server Software?
> > > That’s all I want to know Halo Infinite! If not I won’t get it!
> >
> > - Forge has been confirmed - as long ago as 2019 IIRC - I don’t know if a CGB is confirmed, but likewise I see MCC as a live testbed for Infinite so my assumption would be yes but perhaps not at launch? - Dedicated servers… don’t know. Again I’m seeing MCC as a testbed here, but given that Halo 5 had it… maybe?
>
>
>
> > 2533274833071719;5:
> > I agree with Morsey and although the latter two aren’t confirmed I would have to bet on having dedicated servers for Infinite with what they are trying to do overall and Forge will be bigger and better than ever.
>
> Indeed. One point about a CGB… I don’t necessarily see a huge demand at launch because people will need time to build up the base of Forged maps and modes to make it worthwhile.

Well like I stated I see no reason to get the game unless there is a CGB and some Dedicated Software. I’m not going to bust my butt modding maps if I can’t run my own server and if there is no CGB. It ain’t worth my time. I love Halo but if I don’t have the tools to help people enjoy the game more then I won’t deal with it. I have no problems leaving it behind! That’s up to 343I. That is why I have issues with Halo MCC PC. I have 14 Halo MCC PC maps modded and ready to go. I’m just sitting on my butt waiting for the CGB and Dedicated Server software to run these great modded maps.

> 2535409080107840;7:
> > 2533274874872263;6:
> > > 2533274874872263;4:
> > > > 2535409080107840;1:
> > > > 1. Well coming from a person who like to mod maps will forge in be in Halo Infinite? ( PC Version )
> > > > 2. Will there be a CGB?
> > > > 3. Will there be any Didi Server Software?
> > > > That’s all I want to know Halo Infinite! If not I won’t get it!
> > >
> > > - Forge has been confirmed - as long ago as 2019 IIRC - I don’t know if a CGB is confirmed, but likewise I see MCC as a live testbed for Infinite so my assumption would be yes but perhaps not at launch? - Dedicated servers… don’t know. Again I’m seeing MCC as a testbed here, but given that Halo 5 had it… maybe?
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274833071719;5:
> > > I agree with Morsey and although the latter two aren’t confirmed I would have to bet on having dedicated servers for Infinite with what they are trying to do overall and Forge will be bigger and better than ever.
> >
> > Indeed. One point about a CGB… I don’t necessarily see a huge demand at launch because people will need time to build up the base of Forged maps and modes to make it worthwhile.
>
> Well like I stated I see no reason to get the game unless there is a CGB and some Dedicated Software. I’m not going to bust my butt modding maps if I can’t run my own server and if there is no CGB. It ain’t worth my time. I love Halo but if I don’t have the tools to help people enjoy the game more then I won’t deal with it. I have no problems leaving it behind! That’s up to 343I. That is why I have issues with Halo MCC PC. I have 14 Halo MCC PC maps modded and ready to go. I just sitting on my butt waiting for the CGB and Dedicated Server software.

CGB, I get, it makes life so much easier for everyone wanting to play customs. I fully expect it will be there.

Dedicated server software and support… no one has ever explained this to me and please excuse my ignorance, but: why’s it such a big deal? What does it give you that the default hosting doesn’t? I’m not asking this to be facetious, but I really want to understand the point of view.

> 2533274874872263;8:
> > 2535409080107840;7:
> > > 2533274874872263;6:
> > > > 2533274874872263;4:
> > > > > 2535409080107840;1:
> > > > > 1. Well coming from a person who like to mod maps will forge in be in Halo Infinite? ( PC Version )
> > > > > 2. Will there be a CGB?
> > > > > 3. Will there be any Didi Server Software?
> > > > > That’s all I want to know Halo Infinite! If not I won’t get it!
> > > >
> > > > - Forge has been confirmed - as long ago as 2019 IIRC - I don’t know if a CGB is confirmed, but likewise I see MCC as a live testbed for Infinite so my assumption would be yes but perhaps not at launch? - Dedicated servers… don’t know. Again I’m seeing MCC as a testbed here, but given that Halo 5 had it… maybe?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274833071719;5:
> > > > I agree with Morsey and although the latter two aren’t confirmed I would have to bet on having dedicated servers for Infinite with what they are trying to do overall and Forge will be bigger and better than ever.
> > >
> > > Indeed. One point about a CGB… I don’t necessarily see a huge demand at launch because people will need time to build up the base of Forged maps and modes to make it worthwhile.
> >
> > Well like I stated I see no reason to get the game unless there is a CGB and some Dedicated Software. I’m not going to bust my butt modding maps if I can’t run my own server and if there is no CGB. It ain’t worth my time. I love Halo but if I don’t have the tools to help people enjoy the game more then I won’t deal with it. I have no problems leaving it behind! That’s up to 343I. That is why I have issues with Halo MCC PC. I have 14 Halo MCC PC maps modded and ready to go. I just sitting on my butt waiting for the CGB and Dedicated Server software.
>
> Dedicated server software and support… no one has ever explained this to me and please excuse my ignorance, but: why’s it such a big deal? What does it give you that the default hosting doesn’t? I’m not asking this to be facetious, but I really want to understand the point of view.

You say whats the big deal? Obviously with that question you have never ran game servers before otherwise you would know the answer to the question. I will state in again:

  1. I don’t like the rules in the Multiplayer Social Games area. ( Regarding MCC PC servers ) Example: If you quit in the middle of a game cuz you don’t like the map or rage quit or for any other reason you can get BANNED!! LOL. What a joke! There is no way in hell I would run a server like that.
  2. The 343I Servers have Friendly FIre On!! Really? This is why people are complaining alot about morons that are team killing. All that does is piss people off. My question is WHY? I would never run a server with Friendly Fire On. IMHO that is just wrong.
  3. I like running my own game servers. Why? I can run it any way I want. I can run any of my modded maps anyway I want and in any order I want. If people don’t like the rules on my server they can go play on on a different server. I have no problems with that. You will never get banned on any of my servers for quiting in a middle of a game. I hope that will answer you question my friend.

> 2535409080107840;9:
> > 2533274874872263;8:
> > > 2535409080107840;7:
> > > > 2533274874872263;6:
> > > > > 2533274874872263;4:
> > > > > > 2535409080107840;1:
> > > > > > 1. Well coming from a person who like to mod maps will forge in be in Halo Infinite? ( PC Version )
> > > > > > 2. Will there be a CGB?
> > > > > > 3. Will there be any Didi Server Software?
> > > > > > That’s all I want to know Halo Infinite! If not I won’t get it!
> > > > >
> > > > > - Forge has been confirmed - as long ago as 2019 IIRC - I don’t know if a CGB is confirmed, but likewise I see MCC as a live testbed for Infinite so my assumption would be yes but perhaps not at launch? - Dedicated servers… don’t know. Again I’m seeing MCC as a testbed here, but given that Halo 5 had it… maybe?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > 2533274833071719;5:
> > > > > I agree with Morsey and although the latter two aren’t confirmed I would have to bet on having dedicated servers for Infinite with what they are trying to do overall and Forge will be bigger and better than ever.
> > > >
> > > > Indeed. One point about a CGB… I don’t necessarily see a huge demand at launch because people will need time to build up the base of Forged maps and modes to make it worthwhile.
> > >
> > > Well like I stated I see no reason to get the game unless there is a CGB and some Dedicated Software. I’m not going to bust my butt modding maps if I can’t run my own server and if there is no CGB. It ain’t worth my time. I love Halo but if I don’t have the tools to help people enjoy the game more then I won’t deal with it. I have no problems leaving it behind! That’s up to 343I. That is why I have issues with Halo MCC PC. I have 14 Halo MCC PC maps modded and ready to go. I just sitting on my butt waiting for the CGB and Dedicated Server software.
> >
> > Dedicated server software and support… no one has ever explained this to me and please excuse my ignorance, but: why’s it such a big deal? What does it give you that the default hosting doesn’t? I’m not asking this to be facetious, but I really want to understand the point of view.
>
> You say whats the big deal? Obviously with that question you have never ran game servers before otherwise you would know the answer to the question. I will state in again:
> 1. I don’t like the rules in the Multiplayer Social Games area. ( Regarding MCC PC servers ) Example: If you quit in the middle of a game cuz you don’t like the map or rage quit or for any other reason you can get BANNED!! LOL. What a joke! There is no way in hell I would run a server like that.
> 2. The 343I Servers have Friendly FIre On!! Really? This is why people are complaining alot about morons that are team killing. My question is WHY? I would never run a server with Friendly Fire On. IMHO that is just wrong.
> 3. I like running my own game servers. Why? I can run it any way I want. I can run any of my modded maps anyway I want and in any order I want. If people don’t like the rules on my server they can go play on on a different server. I have no problems with that. You will never get banned on any of my servers for quiting in a middle of a game. I hope that will answer you question my friend.

No I asked Why it was such a big deal because I didn’t know.

Point 1 is just the difference between Social and Customs though - a CGB alone will fix that surely?
Point 2: isn’t that something you can turn off in customs in game settings?
Point 3: I mean again I get that without a CGB it means you need a community via Steam/Xbox Clubs/Discord etc to organise, but I don’t see what difference dedicated servers makes compared to just standard Custom games?

> 2533274874872263;10:
> > 2535409080107840;9:
> > > 2533274874872263;8:
> > > > 2535409080107840;7:
> > > > > 2533274874872263;6:
> > > > > > 2533274874872263;4:
> > > > > > > 2535409080107840;1:
> > > > > > > 1. Well coming from a person who like to mod maps will forge in be in Halo Infinite? ( PC Version )
> > > > > > > 2. Will there be a CGB?
> > > > > > > 3. Will there be any Didi Server Software?
> > > > > > > That’s all I want to know Halo Infinite! If not I won’t get it!
> > > > > >
> > > > > > - Forge has been confirmed - as long ago as 2019 IIRC - I don’t know if a CGB is confirmed, but likewise I see MCC as a live testbed for Infinite so my assumption would be yes but perhaps not at launch? - Dedicated servers… don’t know. Again I’m seeing MCC as a testbed here, but given that Halo 5 had it… maybe?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > > 2533274833071719;5:
> > > > > > I agree with Morsey and although the latter two aren’t confirmed I would have to bet on having dedicated servers for Infinite with what they are trying to do overall and Forge will be bigger and better than ever.
> > > > >
> > > > > Indeed. One point about a CGB… I don’t necessarily see a huge demand at launch because people will need time to build up the base of Forged maps and modes to make it worthwhile.
> > > >
> > > > Well like I stated I see no reason to get the game unless there is a CGB and some Dedicated Software. I’m not going to bust my butt modding maps if I can’t run my own server and if there is no CGB. It ain’t worth my time. I love Halo but if I don’t have the tools to help people enjoy the game more then I won’t deal with it. I have no problems leaving it behind! That’s up to 343I. That is why I have issues with Halo MCC PC. I have 14 Halo MCC PC maps modded and ready to go. I just sitting on my butt waiting for the CGB and Dedicated Server software.
> > >
> > > Dedicated server software and support… no one has ever explained this to me and please excuse my ignorance, but: why’s it such a big deal? What does it give you that the default hosting doesn’t? I’m not asking this to be facetious, but I really want to understand the point of view.
> >
> > You say whats the big deal? Obviously with that question you have never ran game servers before otherwise you would know the answer to the question. I will state in again:
> > 1. I don’t like the rules in the Multiplayer Social Games area. ( Regarding MCC PC servers ) Example: If you quit in the middle of a game cuz you don’t like the map or rage quit or for any other reason you can get BANNED!! LOL. What a joke! There is no way in hell I would run a server like that.
> >
> > 2. The 343I Servers have Friendly FIre On!! Really? This is why people are complaining alot about morons that are team killing. My question is WHY? I would never run a server with Friendly Fire On. IMHO that is just wrong.
> >
> > 3. I like running my own game servers. Why? I can run it any way I want. I can run any of my modded maps anyway I want and in any order I want. If people don’t like the rules on my server they can go play on on a different server. I have no problems with that. You will never get banned on any of my servers for quiting in a middle of a game. I hope that will answer you question my friend.
>
> No I asked Why it was such a big deal because I didn’t know.
>
> Point 1 is just the difference between Social and Customs though - a CGB alone will fix that surely?
> Point 2: isn’t that something you can turn off in customs in game settings?
> Point 3: I mean again I get that without a CGB it means you need a community via Steam/Xbox Clubs/Discord etc to organise, but I don’t see what difference dedicated servers makes compared to just standard Custom games?

Point 1 is just the difference between Social and Customs though - a CGB alone will fix that surely?
_I gave you the reasons why already bud. Sorry that you dont understand what I have stated._Point 2: isn’t that something you can turn off in customs in game settings?
Yes you can on a custom game server only! Point 3: I mean again I get that without a CGB it means you need a community via Steam/Xbox Clubs/Discord etc to organise, but I don’t see what difference dedicated servers makes compared to just standard Custom games?

There is no such thing as a standard Custom games server. That is why they call it a Custom Games Server. Example: I will run a modded Capture The Flag Server only. Now lets say you want to run a custom game server. You want to run it as a SLAYER ONLY game server. You can do that. That is what is nice about running a Custom Game server. You can run your Custom Game Server any way you want like what weapons you want and how may clips for each weapon in the map or vehicles and how many you want or dont want to have in the map.There is no real standard Custom Game Server. A custom Game Server can be ran any way you want. The possibilities are pretty much endless. Well bud I hope that helps cuz I really don’t know how to explain it and better. Have a good Day :wink:

> 2533274874872263;10:
> > 2535409080107840;9:
> > > 2533274874872263;8:
> > > > 2535409080107840;7:
> > > > > 2533274874872263;6:
> > > > > > 2533274874872263;4:
> > > > > > > 2535409080107840;1:
> > > > > > > 1. Well coming from a person who like to mod maps will forge in be in Halo Infinite? ( PC Version )
> > > > > > > 2. Will there be a CGB?
> > > > > > > 3. Will there be any Didi Server Software?
> > > > > > > That’s all I want to know Halo Infinite! If not I won’t get it!
> > > > > >
> > > > > > - Forge has been confirmed - as long ago as 2019 IIRC - I don’t know if a CGB is confirmed, but likewise I see MCC as a live testbed for Infinite so my assumption would be yes but perhaps not at launch? - Dedicated servers… don’t know. Again I’m seeing MCC as a testbed here, but given that Halo 5 had it… maybe?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > > 2533274833071719;5:
> > > > > > I agree with Morsey and although the latter two aren’t confirmed I would have to bet on having dedicated servers for Infinite with what they are trying to do overall and Forge will be bigger and better than ever.
> > > > >
> > > > > Indeed. One point about a CGB… I don’t necessarily see a huge demand at launch because people will need time to build up the base of Forged maps and modes to make it worthwhile.
> > > >
> > > > Well like I stated I see no reason to get the game unless there is a CGB and some Dedicated Software. I’m not going to bust my butt modding maps if I can’t run my own server and if there is no CGB. It ain’t worth my time. I love Halo but if I don’t have the tools to help people enjoy the game more then I won’t deal with it. I have no problems leaving it behind! That’s up to 343I. That is why I have issues with Halo MCC PC. I have 14 Halo MCC PC maps modded and ready to go. I just sitting on my butt waiting for the CGB and Dedicated Server software.
> > >
> > > Dedicated server software and support… no one has ever explained this to me and please excuse my ignorance, but: why’s it such a big deal? What does it give you that the default hosting doesn’t? I’m not asking this to be facetious, but I really want to understand the point of view.
> >
> > You say whats the big deal? Obviously with that question you have never ran game servers before otherwise you would know the answer to the question. I will state in again:
> > 1. I don’t like the rules in the Multiplayer Social Games area. ( Regarding MCC PC servers ) Example: If you quit in the middle of a game cuz you don’t like the map or rage quit or for any other reason you can get BANNED!! LOL. What a joke! There is no way in hell I would run a server like that.
> > 2. The 343I Servers have Friendly FIre On!! Really? This is why people are complaining alot about morons that are team killing. My question is WHY? I would never run a server with Friendly Fire On. IMHO that is just wrong.
> > 3. I like running my own game servers. Why? I can run it any way I want. I can run any of my modded maps anyway I want and in any order I want. If people don’t like the rules on my server they can go play on on a different server. I have no problems with that. You will never get banned on any of my servers for quiting in a middle of a game. I hope that will answer you question my friend.
>
> No I asked Why it was such a big deal because I didn’t know.
>
> Point 1 is just the difference between Social and Customs though - a CGB alone will fix that surely?
> Point 2: isn’t that something you can turn off in customs in game settings?
> Point 3: I mean again I get that without a CGB it means you need a community via Steam/Xbox Clubs/Discord etc to organise, but I don’t see what difference dedicated servers makes compared to just standard Custom games?

I really doubt we will have access to software to manage our own custom game servers, mcc and h5 do not support it. The biggest 2 advantages of being able to run a server is you have the ability to use all of the settings to set up how games function instead of being more limited on what you can adjust. Also if you set up a server with an active playlist that is open to anyone joining it can be a lot more fun than having to manually enter the game party and constantly playing with the same group. Think about being able to enter a custom game playlist as easy as you can join through matchmaking for social and competitive games.