question about halo 4

i know i am going to regret asking this, but from what i have read and heard about halo 4. to me it sound like CoD in halo skin. I want to know why does it not sound like Call of Duty?

be nice I’m asking a question.

edit 1
ok let me say this clearly. in reach it was just armor. from what i have read in halo 4 is guns for load out, AA and armor.

I want to know how it sounds like Call of Duty. Halo has been different in any way shape or form since Halo Combat Evolved in 2001. CoD has been the same garbage since 2003. Im a true Halo fan and yes I do want the old fashioned style but I want something new as well

How does it sound anything like COD? No ADS, you can’t kill people with a few bullets, fast movement speed, etc. Doesn’t sound anything like COD.

ok, lets see. the ability of sprint, customs load outs, using spartan points to buy guns/abilities/ and armor. and Spartan ops. sound like cod to me

Not to be mean or anything, but ive been here since the first look trailer. I have answered this question so many times i swear itll be the death of me.

It is not cod. While it is using cods ideas, it is taking them and making it so that it can work for halo. Its changin up the forumla for the cod items and making it so that it is balanced and that it works well. It will not be a call of duty. If i am wrong, go ahead and rub it in my face and tell me how wrong i was. But from my perspective it is not turning into call of duty.

> ok, lets see. the ability of sprint, customs load outs, using spartan points to buy guns/abilities/ and armor. and Spartan ops. sound like cod to me

Sprint, if everyone has it it is fine. It is ine every generic FPS and helps ofr map control and map movement. There is nothing wrong with it.

Custom loadouts. Halo is tweaking them and making them its own.
Spartan points= Cr, seriously, why make a big deal out of it?
You do not buy the guns. You buy the armor. That is all.

Spartan ops is a co-op campaign focusing on spartan ivs aboard the infinity. It is just a campign allowing you to be your own spartan and delve deeper into the univers areound halo 4. It is in no way similar to spec ops.

ok i respect your view. and i will take what you said, but I’m not seeing it. sorry, i guess until the game comes out, or more comes info outs, to me its cod in space.

> Spartan points= Cr, seriously, why make a big deal out of it?
> You do not buy the guns. You buy the armor. That is all.

no you buy guns,AAs and armor. i just read it in game informer

> ok, lets see. the ability of sprint, customs load outs, using spartan points to buy guns/abilities/ and armor. and Spartan ops. sound like cod to me

Did you really just say the ability to sprint? Ummm I think 99% of all shooters now adays have sprint, loadouts - ALot of other games have that to. Buy stuff, oh Halo Reach. Sir your point in invalid

> > ok, lets see. the ability of sprint, customs load outs, using spartan points to buy guns/abilities/ and armor. and Spartan ops. sound like cod to me
>
> Did you really just say the ability to sprint? Ummm I think 99% of all shooters now adays have sprint, loadouts - ALot of other games have that to. Buy stuff, oh Halo Reach. Sir your point in invalid

in reach it was just armor. and armor only. in halo 4 is guns aa and armor.

Doubt it will be COD. Its Halo with ideas from other games. Take away all the extras and look at its core and its still Halo.

> > > ok, lets see. the ability of sprint, customs load outs, using spartan points to buy guns/abilities/ and armor. and Spartan ops. sound like cod to me
> >
> > Did you really just say the ability to sprint? Ummm I think 99% of all shooters now adays have sprint, loadouts - ALot of other games have that to. Buy stuff, oh Halo Reach. Sir your point in invalid
>
> in reach it was just armor. and armor only. in halo 4 is guns aa and armor.

it said slowly unlock weapons which means at first everyone probably starts out with the ar and as they get higher unlock the br and dmr and what ever starting weapons they chose also you cant start with power weapons so they pretty much took out the whole start with ar and be at a disadvantage

Halo has to evolve at some point. Just for an example, lets use Call of Duty. I would like to show you how CoD hasn’t evolved. I’m going to explain it in my own way. You may disagree and that’s fine. =]

When you look at CoD what is the first few things you notice? Number of players, Kill Streaks, Gun/Grenade Sounds and Same game(more details below).

CoD has a large number of players. Why is that? CoD rewards you for every little thing you do. You went negative twenty(-20) and got four kills, here’s 1,000 XP. You also have to factor in the fact CoD is on multiple platforms(PC, Xbox and PS3 - Not to mention it has CoD 4, MW2, BO and MW3). CoD has more novice players than experienced ones. Think about it this way. You go in to play TDM and instead of playing with ‘X’ number of players close to your skill level, you’re playing a random variable(players/skill levels). In other words, you’re more than likely to play with a noob vs a pro. So while you’re playing, you’re more than likely going to win.

Kill Streaks. They have been around for a while now. I don’t think CoD could function with out them in all honestly. They have been around longer than I care to think back. This is a reward system with-in the game. If you get “3” kills you get a cookie. If you get “5” kills you get some milk with your cookies. If you get “25” kills you get to Nuke a map and die - sounds fun right? Not so much.

In game Gun and Grenade sounds. If you have ever played CoD or watched a Youtube video, CoD doesn’t have great audio. However, when you look at 343 and what they’re doing, you can tell they’re taking it to the next level. I would like to reference two videos for Halo 4. Video one is here and video 2 is here.

With all of this being said, that leads me to my final example and my conclusion. Same Game(Copy and Paste). Anyone that I have ever talked to about CoD, I have said these same words to. Call of Duty is being copied and pasted to a new DVD. The only real difference is the new maps, a few perks or even a gun. Now if you’re a die hard CoD fan or just a casual player(witch I’m neither any more) you can probably agree with that statement. Let me ask you something, when is the last time you had something new in CoD? For example, a vehicle, brand new gametype(never used on another game) etc.

My example was just to bring up the fact, CoD has never really evolved and Halo is in the process of evolving. Yes, we might take some aspects from other games(Horde → Firefight) but we have a Halo spin on it.

This is just my opinion. This was just to share my incite =] I don’t think Halo 4 is going to be like CoD in any way. I think Halo 4 is going to pave the way for future FPS on the Xbox 360. Halo has always been Halo. I’ve said this many times before and I will say it again. I stand by 343 and Halo 4.

> i know i am going to regret asking this, but from what i have read and heard about halo 4. to me it sound like CoD in halo skin. I want to know why does it not sound like Call of Duty?
>
> be nice I’m asking a question.
>
> edit 1
> ok let me say this clearly. in reach it was just armor. from what i have read in halo 4 is guns for load out, AA and armor.

Why compare it to CoD? If you’re looking at sprinting, buying things, and load outs why Cod?

Why not Homefront, Battlefield, Medal of Honour, Crysis 2, Red Factom Guerrila, Counter Strike, Mass Effect 3, just to name a few. My point is that Halo is still using Gameplay Mechanics from 2001, over 10 years ago. I personally don’t want to shell out another 60 dollars for then same game. Ive done that with other games and I’m tired of doing that.

Halo needs to evolve and either get with the times with a new perspective on itselfs or stay in the same stale gameplay. If anyone misses the old gameplay, go play the old games. I wonder if anyone is on the CoD forums bashing that game for copying Halo and calling it Halo in modern warfare. After all it copies Halo when it comes to twin stick movement, holding two weapons at once and the party system.

See my point? Lots of games share similar gameplay mechanics because they work well but that does not mean the games are direct copies of each other.