Question About File Share

I haven’t really made use of the Halo file share, even when Bungie was in charge.
I looked at some films I uploaded to the file share on the Halo website, but when I click on them they just show a picture of Forge World. There’s no option to play them…

The main thing I was hoping to do is download them onto my computer. Is this possible?

Sorry but you can’t render films and save them on your computer anymore.

> Sorry but you can’t render films and save them on your computer anymore.

To elaborate on this, Bungie had to develop custom code in order to allow you to render films via their website. Apparently, they weren’t required to hand that code over to 343i, and 343i is too busy working on Halo 4 to write their own rendering program.

> > Sorry but you can’t render films and save them on your computer anymore.
>
> To elaborate on this, Bungie had to develop custom code in order to allow you to render films via their website. Apparently, they weren’t required to hand that code over to 343i, and 343i is too busy working on Halo 4 to write their own rendering program.

At lest for Reach, as far as we know, they’re trying to find away to work the rendering code/program into either Halo 4’s engine or into Waypoint it’s self.

But doubleAgent95, if you need something “rendered” you have two options right now:
#1 spend some money and buy a capture card for your computer, they do sometimes pay for them selves, not only can you record video from Halo games, but you can also record video from other games on the Xbox, PS3, or Wii. There are a number of different models you can pick from, some are cheap, and some aren’t very cheap.

#2 ask around for someone who would be willing to help you out by recording your saved film.

Both options are cheaper than Bungie’s Rendering service because they’re all free, but the capture card, but that’s a one price once, never pay again, deal.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

> Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

NP, I try to be helpful to people who ask for help.