Question about file Share/Rendering Videos

I’m just curious if there is an option anywhere on Waypoint to look at your Halo:Reach File Share and/or an option to render videos.

I know this isn’t Bungie.net and Bungie Pro is no longer active (at least for now according to this article) so I figured I would get some information!

Is there or will there be an option like this on Waypoint or will a similar service only be available when Bungie roles out the new version of Bungie Pro?

Thanks for your help.

Short answer? Nope. :frowning:

Don’t be upset though, I should imagine somethings heading it’s way in that form.

Yeah, that’s what I figured since I couldn’t find it anywhere on the site, and I thought I may just have been looking in the wrong place lol.

Thanks for the reply!

File Share access won’t be until the summer, so prior to that, rendering wouldn’t be possible.

Currently, 343i has no plans to provide a Film Render service. (Bungie’s service required special tech, and word on the street is that they weren’t required to hand that over to 343i. 343i doesn’t have time to make their own.) This could change after file access is implemented in the summer, but there’s no indication that it will.

Sorry, mate. :\

File shares have just been done today so can you tell me if you can render movies because that would be awesome! :smiley: You can access your fileshare through your gamertag at the top of the page.

> File shares have just been done today so can you tell me if you can render movies because that would be awesome! :smiley: You can access your fileshare through your gamertag at the top of the page.

You can’t render new films after March 31st, you can however view old rendered videos.

this is such a bummer, i would love to get some of my old reach videos up on youtube

I hope nothing like this happens in Halo 4…

> this is such a bummer, i would love to get some of my old reach videos up on youtube

Way point should make a way to render videos. if i could i would put them on my clan website.

I will refer you to here
https://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postst93189_100--Free-HD-Capture-Service.aspx

This guy is apparently capturing clips for people.

Yeah you know, I have an epic slayer file share film that I really want to get on youtube but there must be some way to render the film because if you go to a file share it says ‘‘Rendered Films’’ so there has to be.

Best thing to do now is to buy a capture card or if you know someone with one even better. The most cheap yet decent quality is the Roxio GameCap with a price of £79.99

Capture cards probably work well, but from what I’ve read online it seems like for those who aren’t computer-savvy, it could be more difficult. A DVD recorder with cords hooked into your computer seems more user-friendly & practical.

This youtube video could be really helpful if you’re willing to spend about $80 & are willing to put together videos/montages yourself, which I will most likely do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNPkmA6Gwfc&feature=related

Look under ‘Show More’ for the exact parts he bought from RadioShack (~$30).
I didn’t catch what computer program he used but in the YouTube comments a girl said she found using “Screen Recording Suite” worked well for video-game recording.

Hope this helps!

P.S. I don’t agree with his comment on Xbox being *$&!, as bad as the ring of fire can be on the old ones…

Also, this would work for any video game on any system (with red/yellow/white plugs).

So like there is NO WAY i can download my clips to my documents, then upload them to YouTube after adding custom background music?

> 2533274897943561;16:
> So like there is NO WAY i can download my clips to my documents, then upload them to YouTube after adding custom background music?

There’s only really 2 ways this can be done for Reach right now: you have a capture card you can hook up to your 360 or you have an X1 with Reach as a backwards compatible title. Using the X1 you can use Game DVR clip things out and then either upload to OneDrive or use the YouTube app to upload to YouTube. I guess technically 3 as you could ask someone else to render it for you. Out of the box though, this can’t be done and hasn’t been possible for as long as this thread has been created. THat being said, old thread is old and it’s best not to revive very old threads :slight_smile: