Question about Didact at the end of the game

SPOILERS

If you keep reading, you WILL get spoilers if you haven’t finished the game.

Just curious. We see him fall into that “Slipspace rupture” beneath the composer. So, I’m just curious if anyone thinks he may still be alive.

He’s almost definitely still alive.

SPOILERS

Wasn’t that him at the end of the game talking? I’m pretty sure that was him pleading a case to other forerunners as to why they should destroy humanity.

SPOILERS

I’m going with yes for now, based on the hypothesis that that slipspace rupture is a gateway back to Requiem. I mean, using the composer makes Promethean Knights, right? How else to get them back to Requiem than said slipspace rupture? I’m guessing Spartan Ops will reveal Didact back on Requiem at its end.

Well that’s a spoiler title.

> SPOILERS
>
>
>
> Wasn’t that him at the end of the game talking? I’m pretty sure that was him pleading a case to other forerunners as to why they should destroy humanity.
>
>
>
> SPOILERS

That’s the exact same thing I was thinking, I can’t wait for Halo 5. (Or maybe story based DLC, most likely not.)

> Well that’s a spoiler title.

Yeah, I just realized that. Sorry everyone!

The speech you hear at the end was from the book primordium, 100,000 years earlier. However I don’t think we’ve seen the last of him just yet.

The great and powerful didact? Yeah im going with alive.

but come on how come he gets to live and cortana doesnt seems like bs to me :frowning:

> Well that’s a spoiler title.

How? All it says is the Didact is in the game and he has a question about the ending. That reveals nothing. Besides, if you’re stupid enough to surf the forums when you still haven’t beaten the game, then I feel no pity for you if you get something spoiled.

I’m going with he’s dead. Even Chief would be killed by a slipspace rupture because he lacks the proper protection.

I also think the talking at the end was what the Didact said in the past. When he was punished for what he did to Humanity after defeating them. The reason he was locked inside Requiem.

It sound as though he was at a trial or something pleading to those that had just found him guilty.

Didn’t the grenade send his guts flying?

I hope he’s alive and we get to actually fight him in a future game. They spent the whole campaign making him look so tough and when you finally face him it’s a quick time event? Lame.

When will game developers get it? Quick time events suck, they always have and they always will, they’re almost as bad as water levels.

> > Well that’s a spoiler title.
>
> How? All it says is the Didact is in the game and he has a question about the ending. That reveals nothing. Besides, if you’re stupid enough to surf the forums when you still haven’t beaten the game, then I feel no pity for you if you get something spoiled.

It was edited. Originally, it said “Does anyone else think didact is alive” or something along those lines.

why would u make that your title? It ruins the ending for people

I for one, think he is alive. And yeah, chief wouldn’t survive. But he doesn’t have the armor Didact has. 343i spent too much time making him LOOK tough in order for him just to fall into a slipspace rupture. Na, he’s kicking around somewhere. And as someone else said, The composer is used to create Knights, where does all the data go then AFTER humans are zapped? Wherever that is, it’s where Didact is.

> why would u make that your title? It ruins the ending for people

It’s been changed for a while now bud. And the CURRENT title doesn’t give jack squat away.

I also think he is alive, and not just that I think they will keep cortana alive too. Something along the lines of splitting herself up and probably throwing one of her selves into a hidden system or something crazy like that. Not sure what the librarian did to her when she “borrowed” her for the few mins. Just speculation.

Yes, he’s most likely alive. I don’t think the Didact of all people would die to something like that. We’ll most likely see him return in Halo 5, and Master Chief will be stunned that he has to stop him again.