Question about Chief

After watching many of the cinematic cutscenes I kept noticing how Chief dwarfed humans as he walked past them. I’ve noticed this in previous halos as well, but in some scenes it looks like people come up to his elbow! I’ve never gotten into the books that much so I don’t know an exact height but I’ve heard somewhere around 7ft?

Also, I was wondering if all spartans are injected with some type of human growth hormones at an early age?

One more thing…anyone notice the cutscene at the beginning where master chief is taking on the Brute Chieftain? The brute is on a dinosaur size scale!

He is 6’10" without armor, 7’2" with armor.

Yes they are injected at a very early age to speed up there growth.

Brutes are around 8’5" so yeah there huge!!!

Since John-117 is a SPARTAN-II,
here’s a link.

Thanks guys!

If you want good information about the Spartan-II’s I reccomend the book The Fall of Reach.

I noticed that in the final cutscene(when hes about to take off his armor)he looks way bigger than he did in the rest of the game. I dont think he’s really sopose to be that big. I think 343 just made him that big in that one cutscene, just to give the feeling that he is a legend walking amongst pesants

Master Chief is indeed very huge. I noticed that in the cutscenes in INFINITY where he first meets Lasky and Palmer, Palmer seems to be a little bit smaller. In the epilogue, the Chief’s size compared to Palmer’s is just like the Didact’s to the Chief’s. Somehow he looks far taller than in that cutscene in the mission INFINITY.

> I noticed that in the final cutscene(when hes about to take off his armor)he looks way bigger than he did in the rest of the game. I dont think he’s really sopose to be that big. I think 343 just made him that big in that one cutscene, just to give the feeling that he is a legend walking amongst pesants

Haha, yeah. That cutscene is the main reason I made this post.

Maybe it’s one of the changes that the Librarian did in him (More taller than the first meet with Palmer).

PD: Sorry for my English :slight_smile:

> > I noticed that in the final cutscene(when hes about to take off his armor)he looks way bigger than he did in the rest of the game. I dont think he’s really sopose to be that big. I think 343 just made him that big in that one cutscene, just to give the feeling that he is a legend walking amongst pesants
>
> Haha, yeah. That cutscene is the main reason I made this post.

Remember, that scene is after the librarian accelerated his evolution, I think he may have actually gotten bigger, and before you hit me with “but his armor would have been to small”, remember we’re dealing with the forerunners here, they could do some amazing things.