Question about bans due to quitting

Isn’t it kind of strange to have a quitting penalty in a game that has a join in progress feature? I recently received a 60 minute matchmaking ban for quitting one too many games recently; not that it matters all that much because it is merely an hour. I just feel that if a player is compelled to leave a game due to outside reasons, the other team being way too stacked, and griefing that may occur in games, etc; he has that right. Players pay for Xbox live and Halo 4, why can’t they play how they want. Thousands of players quit out of games daily; this is not something that is new or can really be stopped if it is their right as players. 343 has made a great game, but their penalties are slightly bizarre. The fact that there is a quitting penalty at all is strange. I also want to mention that I am a solid and mostly competent player. I have been playing halo for a long time. I am not just quitting because I am terrible and want to find a game where I can beat up on new players, I like challenges. I quit out of a couple of these games because of issues with players being extremely incompetent both on purpose and not on purpose. Any input is appreciated, but I don’t want to start a flame war or be flamed in the process. What are your opinions on quitting penalties, small or large?

If for some reason you have to quit a match. You wont get a ban.

But there are kids that quit as soon as there losing or dying too many times.

Yes I find it weird that quit ban is back with JIP.

I like having both features in place. The ban ideally discourages people from quitting games as soon as things don’t go their way, keeping games somewhat more intense.

With join in progress, if somebody quits your team is still playing short for ~30 seconds until the next player loads everything and gets their bearings. It’s undesirable, but still better than playing the rest of the game shorthanded.

The two systems work together well I think, and for the majority of players that play each game all the way through there shouldn’t be any reason for concern.

> With join in progress, if somebody quits your team is still playing short for ~30 seconds until the next player loads everything and gets their bearings. It’s undesirable, but still better than playing the rest of the game shorthanded.

If only that were the case. There have been plenty of occasions where I’ve been on a team of 3 or less against 8 in BTB, with no fresh faces joining in. I’d say it happens more often than the reverse, where the lobby fills up again. At least, in my experience.