Question about an achievement in ODST.

I’m going for the audiophile/record store owner achievement in ODST. I started Mombasa streets on the checkpoint that allows you to explore the entire city. I got all of the audio logs but one (which is the one on data hive.) on solo, and I found out I have to do all of the missions to unlock data hive… Obviously, I want to save more time. My question is if I back out and start on data hive, will all of my audio logs still be there, allowing me to get the last audio log, or will it reset all of my audio logs, making me have to run around for another few hours collecting them all over again?

I think I beat the whole game first, and then went back and collected all the logs.

Yeah I’m pretty sure a lot of people have had an issue unlocking that last audio log when they backed out and started up Data Hive separately. To be safe I would finish collecting the last one in that same
playthrough.

I didn’t have trouble doing it in separate playthroughs.
But I did it a long time ago.
Sometimes there are updates that break things, so I couldn’t say for sure, other than when I did it, it was no problem.

I did this achievement for the first time 2 days ago. I collected all the audio logs, backed out and loaded up Data Hive. The achievement popped instantly upon finding the 30th log.

I’ve gotten all the audio logs except for one. Even though the game recognizes that I got all 30, the achievement for like the 9th one never unlocked. Thus I’m missing the record store owner achievement. I think the audiophile achievement did unlock though for finding the 30th audio log or vice versa. It is sad because i think it will never get fixed.

I saved/quit and loaded up Data Hive to get the 30th audio log with no problems, though that was a year ago. I think you should be safe to try it. If not, then one of the recent updates messed with something.

Keep us updated!

> 2533274804182731;6:
> I’ve gotten all the audio logs except for one. Even though the game recognizes that I got all 30, the achievement for like the 9th one never unlocked. Thus I’m missing the record store owner achievement. I think the audiophile achievement did unlock though for finding the 30th audio log or vice versa. It is sad because i think it will never get fixed.

Same thing as me but it didnt unlock number 19 for me.Went from 18th to 20th when I was log hunting

I got the audio logs in my journey to finishing the game so I just collected them as I went, sorry buddy I don’t really no much about it, try looking in youtube.

Admittedly I may have cheated a little bit with the Audio Files, and uh looked up the map for them.

I did however find most of them legitimately! So I’m proud of myself there. :slight_smile:

Sorry for not keeping you guys updated! I’m going to try backing out and loading up data hive, and hopefully it will work! If it doesn’t oh well then? Guess I’ll just have to restart.

EDIT: Yes! It worked! I got the achievement everyone, thank you guys!

> 2533274920156574;11:
> Sorry for not keeping you guys updated! I’m going to try backing out and loading up data hive, and hopefully it will work! If it doesn’t oh well then? Guess I’ll just have to restart.

The problem there though is that if it doesn’t unlock when you load up Data Hive and collect the last audio log, you won’t be able to start over and recollect any of them again. Once you collect them, they’re collected, even if you’re in a different playlist entirely.

> 2533274812864671;12:
> > 2533274920156574;11:
> > Sorry for not keeping you guys updated! I’m going to try backing out and loading up data hive, and hopefully it will work! If it doesn’t oh well then? Guess I’ll just have to restart.
>
> The problem there though is that if it doesn’t unlock when you load up Data Hive and collect the last audio log, you won’t be able to start over and recollect any of them again. Once you collect them, they’re collected, even if you’re in a different playlist entirely.

Which is in fact a two-edged sword. It’s a blessing and a curse. Brilliant once you get them all because hey you got the full story of Sadie and you’ve unlocked all the supply lockers, absolutely terrible when you’ve missed a few on your first playthrough.