Question About Achievements?

Ok, so I don’t own any of the Halo: Reach DLC (yeah, I know. Sorry, don’t hate me.). The achievements that released with the different DLCs such as “Totally Worth It”, “Cross-Mappin’”, “Both Barrels”, “Crackin’ Skulls”, along with a bunch more don’t apparently need the map packs in order to unlock them? I unlocked all of the ones I listed above without purchasing any of the DLC.

So I was wondering if this is true for all of the DLC Achievements? Because for some reason the DLC achievements “All Alone”, “Emergency Room”, “Top Shot”, and probably a few more won’t unlock.

I’m just confused why some of the DLC achievements don’t need you to own the DLC, while other achievements seem to require it.

I had heard that Noble 1 Achievements were unlockable in Anniversary maps. I unlocked Both Barrels in the Anniversary playlist.

Not owning any DLC and still wanting to get the Achievements way too late, I’d like to know too.

> I had heard that Noble 1 Achievements were unlockable in Anniversary maps. I unlocked Both Barrels in the Anniversary playlist.
>
> Not owning any DLC and still wanting to get the Achievements way too late, I’d like to know too.

I unlocked 3 of the Noble 1 Achievements in “basic” matchmaking, since I don’t own any DLC. I also unlocked one of the Defiant Achievements called “Offensive Driver” so I would assume the rest of the Defiant Achievements wouldn’t require the DLC, but achievements such as “All Alone” won’t unlock.

The Noble achievements can be done on any maps in matchmaking. But the Defiant and Anniversary achievement are map specific, so they must be done on the appropriate maps.

Even more so for the All Alone achievement, which can only be done on the Living Dead version of Condemned. No other map will give this achievement.

Just fulfilled the requirements for All Alone and Emergency Room on a non-DLC map and they didn’t unlock.

this should help for finding players for achievement that are DLC map specific

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst218249_So-it-s-time-to-make-a-list-of-DLC-players.aspx

> The Noble achievements can be done on any maps in matchmaking.

I can confirm this, I just unlocked “Cross-Mappin’” on Spire.