"Queen Wasp" variant for Warzone.

After taking notice on MetroJOHN117’s post about the Wasp variants, I am pleased to say that I am very excited to see these bad boys in action. Many people, including myself, have been begging for variants ever since this UNSC vehicle appeared in the Warzone Firefight update. And now, our wish has finally been granted. But there was one thing I’ve been begging for the longest time…

I want a “Queen Wasp” for Warzone.

Essentially, it would be a super Wasp of sorts, but I don’t know how it would stack up against an ONI Wasp and a Hannibal Wasp as those two have yet to be released.

What do you guys think? Could a “Queen Wasp” be a viable variant of the Wasp? If so, how would you differentiate it from its peers?

Queen Wasp

“Hannibal Weapon System’s prototype Wasp Variant has somehow found it’s way into the Wargames Simulations. Improved Wasp with tougher shields and rockets that lock onto air and ground targets. The Queen Wasp can also has a built-in an Active Camouflage and is masked from enemy motion trackers”

Note: the Active Camo can be turned on and off, and the radar-masker is only active when invisible.

> 2533274976975090;2:
> Queen Wasp
>
> “Hannibal Weapon System’s prototype Wasp Variant has somehow found it’s way into the Wargames Simulations. Improved Wasp with tougher shields and rockets that lock onto air and ground targets. The Queen Wasp can also has a built-in an Active Camouflage and is masked from enemy motion trackers”
>
> Note: the Active Camo can be turned on and off, and the radar-masker is only active when invisible.

What an awesome idea - having an aerial vehicle uncloak behind you would be terrifying!

> 2535429593088083;3:
> > 2533274976975090;2:
> > Queen Wasp
> >
> > “Hannibal Weapon System’s prototype Wasp Variant has somehow found it’s way into the Wargames Simulations. Improved Wasp with tougher shields and rockets that lock onto air and ground targets. The Queen Wasp can also has a built-in an Active Camouflage and is masked from enemy motion trackers”
> >
> > Note: the Active Camo can be turned on and off, and the radar-masker is only active when invisible.
>
>
> What an awesome idea - having an aerial vehicle uncloak behind you would be terrifying!

Thanks!

Here’s my take on the Queen Wasp:

“You better have packed your bug spray - she’ll bring down the entire hive on you. Advanced Wasp with heavy armor, upgraded shields, enhanced agility, and faster moving missiles which lock-on to both aerial and ground targets.”

Can i have a link to these so called confirmed wasp variants? Also I am just giving my opinion here i don’t the a wasp variant called queen wasp sounds very good. And if there is actually going to be variants. They should just follow the same name as the rest like corp, tundra, ONI, etc…

MetroJOHN117’s post on the forums was the first to mention the existence of a Hannibal Wasp in the game. Here’s a video link showcasing some of the new stuff from Polygon: Halo 5 EXCLUSIVE! Temple Map, Gunfighter Magnum, Hunter Cannon Warzone Assault GAMEPLAY! - YouTube

Around the 8:10 mark, there is a Hannibal Wasp (albeit damaged) sitting inside the enemy base.

> 2533274976975090;2:
> Queen Wasp
>
> “Hannibal Weapon System’s prototype Wasp Variant has somehow found it’s way into the Wargames Simulations. Improved Wasp with tougher shields and rockets that lock onto air and ground targets. The Queen Wasp can also has a built-in an Active Camouflage and is masked from enemy motion trackers”
>
> Note: the Active Camo can be turned on and off, and the radar-masker is only active when invisible.

Would be cool but don`t we have to much power weapons/vehicles in WarZone? But would be funny if that would be in costume games.

Queen Wasp sounds cool just because it fits the animal term used for the vehicle, but I don’t think the Wasp should be given special treatment in terms of variants. It should get the same variants as all the other human vehicles.

> 2533274861263132;8:
> > 2533274976975090;2:
> > Queen Wasp
> >
> > “Hannibal Weapon System’s prototype Wasp Variant has somehow found it’s way into the Wargames Simulations. Improved Wasp with tougher shields and rockets that lock onto air and ground targets. The Queen Wasp can also has a built-in an Active Camouflage and is masked from enemy motion trackers”
> >
> > Note: the Active Camo can be turned on and off, and the radar-masker is only active when invisible.
>
>
> Would be cool but don`t we have to much power weapons/vehicles in WarZone? But would be funny if that would be in costume games.

Yeah, that would be interesting, wouldn’t it? I think we do have too much crappy stuff in Warzone. Why don’t we have more stuff like the Blood of Suban or ONI-Warthog?

> 2533274976975090;10:
> > 2533274861263132;8:
> > > 2533274976975090;2:
> > > Queen Wasp
> > >
> > > “Hannibal Weapon System’s prototype Wasp Variant has somehow found it’s way into the Wargames Simulations. Improved Wasp with tougher shields and rockets that lock onto air and ground targets. The Queen Wasp can also has a built-in an Active Camouflage and is masked from enemy motion trackers”
> > >
> > > Note: the Active Camo can be turned on and off, and the radar-masker is only active when invisible.
> >
> >
> > Would be cool but don`t we have to much power weapons/vehicles in WarZone? But would be funny if that would be in costume games.
>
>
> Yeah, that would be interesting, wouldn’t it? I think we do have too much crappy stuff in Warzone. Why don’t we have more stuff like the Blood of Suban or ONI-Warthog?

First they should fix it and get it into costume and forge

> 2533274861263132;11:
> > 2533274976975090;10:
> > > 2533274861263132;8:
> > > > 2533274976975090;2:
> > > > Queen Wasp
> > > >
> > > > “Hannibal Weapon System’s prototype Wasp Variant has somehow found it’s way into the Wargames Simulations. Improved Wasp with tougher shields and rockets that lock onto air and ground targets. The Queen Wasp can also has a built-in an Active Camouflage and is masked from enemy motion trackers”
> > > >
> > > > Note: the Active Camo can be turned on and off, and the radar-masker is only active when invisible.
> > >
> > >
> > > Would be cool but don`t we have to much power weapons/vehicles in WarZone? But would be funny if that would be in costume games.
> >
> >
> > Yeah, that would be interesting, wouldn’t it? I think we do have too much crappy stuff in Warzone. Why don’t we have more stuff like the Blood of Suban or ONI-Warthog?
>
>
> First they should fix it and get it into costume and forge

I think they are putting the rest of the REQs in Forge in Anvil’s Legacy.

Maybe have it be a two person wasp? One controls rockets while the other controls the machine gun and flies?

> 2535429593088083;3:
> > 2533274976975090;2:
> > Queen Wasp
> >
> >
>
>
> What an awesome idea - having an aerial vehicle uncloak behind you would be terrifying!

On the contrary, that would suck.

> HaXoR73
> Here’s my take on the Queen Wasp:“You better have packed your bug spray - she’ll bring down
> the entire hive on you. Advanced Wasp with heavy armor, upgraded shields, enhanced agility,
> and faster moving missiles which lock-on to both aerial and ground targets.”

Now you’re talking!
The current Wasp appears to be made of tinfoil, mg are very weak, rockets are slow!?
The Wasp desperately needs a upgrade. We need FAST rockets that can lock onto aerial
and ground targets at a greater range! Replace the 30cal machine guns with 30mm cannons
or equivalent…

If you can creep in on the foe, then you have a slight chance against the Banshees and Phaetons.
But just a slight chance since the shields and armor are so weak…Ground forces seem to very easily
damage/destroy the Wasp, sad to say…You can burn through the Wasp reqs pretty fast because it’s so flimsy!
I wait with bated breath for either the ‘Hannibal Wasp’ or the ‘Queen Wasp’

> 2535426310266153;15:
> > HaXoR73
> > Here’s my take on the Queen Wasp:“You better have packed your bug spray - she’ll bring down
> > the entire hive on you. Advanced Wasp with heavy armor, upgraded shields, enhanced agility,
> > and faster moving missiles which lock-on to both aerial and ground targets.”
>
>
> Now you’re talking!
> The current Wasp appears to be made of tinfoil, mg are very weak, rockets are slow!?
> The Wasp desperately needs a upgrade. We need FAST rockets that can lock onto aerial
> and ground targets at a greater range! Replace the 30cal machine guns with 30mm cannons
> or equivalent…
>
> If you can creep in on the foe, then you have a slight chance against the Banshees and Phaetons.
> But just a slight chance since the shields and armor are so weak…Ground forces seem to very easily
> damage/destroy the Wasp, sad to say…You can burn through the Wasp reqs pretty fast because it’s so flimsy!
> I wait with bated breath for either the ‘Hannibal Wasp’ or the ‘Queen Wasp’

Exactly, my friend - but now that Gamecheat13 has showcased the ONI Wasp and Hannibal Wasp, it’ll be much more difficult to differentiate the Queen Wasp from those two.

• The guns. In the late stages of any Warzone / Firefight match, (with the exception of any chaingun Warthog) machine guns lack the damage to compete with Guass Turrets, Rocket Turrets, and the weapons mounted on the Banshee and Phaeton. So why not replace those dinky plinkers with heavy cannons (like you mentioned), or maybe something even heavier to really give Banshees a run for their money? That would be terrifying!

• The missiles. Unless you are SPLICED or TheArbiter117 (who I once fought against at once), the rockets are next to useless for getting kills. These things need a serious buff in speed, damage, and explosive radius. The missiles on the Queen Wasp should fly extremely fast, but it should have this special trait: The under-used Threat Marker. Any enemy / vehicle damaged from the Queen Wasp’s missiles will have a Threat Marker placed on them for a short while, and your teammates can see that marker too. In other words, that enemy / vehicle cannot hide from your team. They would be utterly screwed should they end up in the open.

• Speed. It’s simply not fast enough. Warthogs can keep pace with relative ease, let alone a Ghost or Banshee. The ONI Wasp moves much faster, but I want the Queen Wasp to be even faster. I want this thing to beat a Temple Banshee in an aerial drag race. Even a Phaeton Helios would have a headache trying to kill this thing!

• Durability. It’s pretty obvious enough. This thing needs a serious armor overhaul - a single, standard rocket would annihilate this thing, let alone getting messed up by a Spartan Laser, or a group of enemies shooting it at the same time.With that out of the way, how about we start discussing about a Gauss Wasp (with a legit Guass cannon) or even a Laser Wasp?

I have missed feelings about this as I get better with it, I have been able to get up to req level 6 with it, I wouldn’t want to make it deadlier. I think it is pretty balanced as is.